Thread: About axe of the father

Default About axe of the father

Lets see that treasure card description :

"You may choose to not roll any dice when attacking to aotomatically block all hits caused by a monster." etc...

Now imagine I discover a new tile with an encounter that automatically attack me

- Do I have to say "No, don't roll the monster attack dice, I will block them all using the Axe of the father"
    - Or Do I let the monster roll his dice, and eventually choose to not roll mine if I see it make too much hits to block them all.

What is the correct answer ?

Thanks

Also, I would like to ask how the Axe interacts when I'm attacked by a monster and can't attack back? (like the "Ambush" from the Spider or an Uber Monster).
    Exchange This for a Free Dinner in Hell

Quote Originally Posted by deadmeet View Post
    Lets see that treasure card description :

"You may choose to not roll any dice when attacking to aotomatically block all hits caused by a monster." etc...

Now imagine I discover a new tile with an encounter that automatically attack me

- Do I have to say "No, don't roll the monster attack dice, I will block them all using the Axe of the father"
    - Or Do I let the monster roll his dice, and eventually choose to not roll mine if I see it make too much hits to block them all.

What is the correct answer ?

Thanks
    As per the rules the monster rolls his attack dice first then you would decide to use the axe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosiel View Post
    Also, I would like to ask how the Axe interacts when I'm attacked by a monster and can't attack back? (like the "Ambush" from the Spider or an Uber Monster).
    It would seem to me that one would have to be able to roll attack dice in order to use the axe, so in these cases I would say you can't use it.

my two cents

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

You can't "choose" not to roll dice that you already aren't allowed to roll - you have no choice in the matter.

Any other questions you'd like to axe us?

:crickets:
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Trust the words of Teetoo. He is wise.