Thread: About the life restored when you are knocked out

Default About the life restored when you are knocked out

Hello

I'm not sure about the interpretation of the rules when you are knocked out

"Set the number of wound markers on his hero card to half his life rating (rounded down)."

Lets take the example of a heroes that have 7 HP.

- The first intepretation could be : "Half of his life rounded down = 3, so I set 3 wound marker on the hero card, so he have 4 HP after beeing knocked out"

- Second interpretation : "I set 4 wound markers because I have to set wound markers on the card until I reach half of his life rounded down. So he have 3 HP after beeing knocked out".

I'm not sure what is the correct one.

Thanks

What would happen if I receive enough damage to die twice? (E.g.: The hero has 5 life and get 10 wounds) How is the procedure in this case? (I get up and knock down again?)
    Exchange This for a Free Dinner in Hell

The answer to both questions is that you would get up with only half the wounds the Unit can have. It is the wounds that are rounded down, so a Hero with 7 Life would be revived at 4 Life (and thus, 3 Wound Markers). Even if you take enough damage to "die twice", you'll have enough removed that you won't die when you get up the first time.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

If you have 5 life and receive a million wounds, you're just knocked out. The extra wounds just go away, and you get up with half your life as TNS described.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

If you receive more than double the wounds needed to be defeated, the only extra thing you suffer is shame. And a hero with 7 life would indeed revive with only 3 wound markers.