Thread: Dungeon Run Question Dump- post your questions here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dungeon Run Question Dump- post your questions here!

How original of me. You guys should know how this works. Post all your miscellaneous Dungeon Run questions here.

Questions asked in other threads and answered

Quote Originally Posted by cheezgrater View Post
    Per the rulebook, if you spend your entire turn on a tile with a monster and do not attack, the monster gets a free attack against you.

Standing up after being knocked down requires your entire turn. If there is a monster on your square when you get up, does the getting up action count as spending your entire turn on the tile, thus triggering a free attack?

I have had this come up in two separate games, where a hero gets knocked down on the tile with the boss. If another hero is on the tile or enters the tile before the roaming phase, then the boss will not roam away from the downed hero.

If getting up allows monsters in your square to take a free attack, in a lot of cases, that would almost guarantee getting knocked down again for some characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosiel View Post
    Last night I was showing this game to a friend and after play we talked a bit of the cards, this two came along, and I couldn't answered him. How these abilities interact with each other? If you use Blood Magic do you get to roll for Ignore Pain?
    Unanswered questions

Quote Originally Posted by esper88 View Post
    Say I use Emma Goodluck's (?) Energy Manipulation to escape the Portcullis Room, and succeed. Energy Manipulation then kills me. I'm dead in the new room? Or the old one? This just feels like a weird situation to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmeet View Post
    Hello,

I have a question about the ubber skill (the one that require to be assisted to attack a monster).

Imagine, we are 2 heroes on the uber monster tiles. I choose to attack him, but the other hero don't want to assist.

What happens ?

- I cannot attack and so I have to do something else ?
    - I take a free attack from the ubber monster as I'm alone to attack ?
    - I lost that action cause I don't attack alone ?

Thank you
    Post your own questions, answer these ones, answer others'. You know the drill.

Q: Per the rulebook, if you spend your entire turn on a tile with a monster and do not attack, the monster gets a free attack against you. Standing up after being knocked down requires your entire turn. If there is a monster on your square when you get up, does the getting up action count as spending your entire turn on the tile, thus triggering a free attack?
    A: This is in the FAQ now. The answer is no, since the player is really losing their turn.

Q: If you use Blood Magic do you get to roll for Ignore Pain?
    A: No. The damage can't come from you.

Q: Say I use Emma Goodluck's (?) Energy Manipulation to escape the Portcullis Room, and succeed. Energy Manipulation then kills me. I'm dead in the new room? Or the old one? This just feels like a weird situation to me.
    A: Emma takes the wounds after completing the action. So she exits the room, rolls for encounters/special room rules, then take the wounds. Think of it as a nasty side effect of her spell wearing off.

Q: Imagine we are 2 heroes on the uber monster tiles. I choose to attack him, but the other hero don't want to assist. What happens ?
    A: You cannot battle the monster. This does not waste one of your actions.
    Last edited by mrbistro; 05-29-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Question: When more than one hero assists another hero, each assisting hero adds their dice rating to the assisted hero's roll. Thus the assists are cumulative. If more than one hero wants to sabotage are their -2 dice cumulative?

Quote Originally Posted by Teetoo View Post
    Question: When more than one hero assists another hero, each assisting hero adds their dice rating to the assisted hero's roll. Thus the assists are cumulative. If more than one hero wants to sabotage are their -2 dice cumulative?
    No.
    From page 11, "The sabotaged hero rolls 2 less dice if 1 or more heroes announced they are sabotaging that action."

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    No.
    From page 11, "The sabotaged hero rolls 2 less dice if 1 or more heroes announced they are sabotaging that action."
    And if the sabotage fails the hero takes a wound. So there will never be an incentive for more than two heros to risk a wound if the sabotage isn't cumulative.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetoo View Post
    And if the sabotage fails the hero takes a wound. So there will never be an incentive for more than two heros to risk a wound if the sabotage isn't cumulative.
    I think Bistro said it best in the FAQ.

"Q: Is there a reason for multiple players to sabotage the same roll?
    A: As a general rule, no, but there are times when heroes sharing a tile need to sabotage the leader, but
    no one wants to be the only one to take the risk. This rule allows them to agree to perform the
    sabotage, and take equal risk."