Thread: Dungeon Run Victory Conditions

Default Dungeon Run Victory Conditions

We recently played a game where Vargagg was the last "hero" standing and had the Summoning Stone. Although the conditions for victory according to the rules are end your turn on the Dungeon Enterance with the stone or be the last hero alive within the dungeon, we played it that Vargagg had to still make his way to the Dungeon Enterance. This led to an even more exciting ending. As Vargagg was left with just one life point left and he still had to make his way through the Den which also happened to be next to the Cused Stone tile. So it came down to a die roll...oooooo. I like this variant way of winning.

The problems with this victory condition are:

a) Obviously no one but Vargagg could possible win at that point, and if Vargagg had lost then everyone would have lost, which isn't really that fun.
    b) Usually it's not going to matter, since when the last player is the first player (and thus controls roaming), there is almost always a clear path to the entrance.

Of course, Dungeon Run is a game about player interaction, so I think house rules are cool if everyone playing is on board with it.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    The problems with this victory condition are:

a) Obviously no one but Vargagg could possible win at that point, and if Vargagg had lost then everyone would have lost, which isn't really that fun.
    b) Usually it's not going to matter, since when the last player is the first player (and thus controls roaming), there is almost always a clear path to the entrance.

Of course, Dungeon Run is a game about player interaction, so I think house rules are cool if everyone playing is on board with it.
    I agree with b) and in most cases you are correct. As with a), my group loves Dungeonquest thus likes the idea of the dungeon kicking one's butt.

to win do you leave the dungeon entrance tile or do you just have to be standing on the entrance tile at the end of the round? if you just have to stand on the tile do you have to be the only one on the tile unopposed? and on another note if you, your "friend/boss" with the summoning stone and a monster share a tile and it's your turn, can you choose to attack your "friend" with the stone instead of the monster? and if you can, and use both actions to attack your "friend" with the stone does the monster get a free attack? can you advance while you share a tile with a monster/boss? with a friend? and or a "friend/boss" with the stone? these are a few things that have come up in the end game for me and my friends, please clearify. thanx

Hero or not, when you end your turn on the exit you win. In out games however we decided if there was a hero there he got one turn to try and kill the stone carrier. But that was just a house rule we tried.

Quote Originally Posted by infamous1 View Post
    to win do you leave the dungeon entrance tile or do you just have to be standing on the entrance tile at the end of the round? if you just have to stand on the tile do you have to be the only one on the tile unopposed? and on another note if you, your "friend/boss" with the summoning stone and a monster share a tile and it's your turn, can you choose to attack your "friend" with the stone instead of the monster? and if you can, and use both actions to attack your "friend" with the stone does the monster get a free attack? can you advance while you share a tile with a monster/boss? with a friend? and or a "friend/boss" with the stone? these are a few things that have come up in the end game for me and my friends, please clearify. thanx
    If a summoner lands on the entrance tile and survives his turn, he wins. Also, you can't attack your friend if a monster shares your tile.

so you can't attack your "friend" when you share a tile with a monster and your "friend" even if your "friend" has the summonning stone. so if you have the stone and you share a tile with a monster other players can't attack you until the monster is destroyed or gone away somehow, etc. the other players have to deal with the monster first. then the other players can attack you. so you can summon monsters down as sort of like a shield. yet you with the stone still can't attack the other players aswell. and when you with the stone, or the other players try to leave the tile all players have to use the monsters escape rating even if it is lower then yours. is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by infamous1 View Post
    The rules state that "A hero wins the game if he ends his turn on the dungeon entrance tile"
    My Doug (fan) fiction can be found here

Summoner wars records as of June 1st: 11-2