Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bubba's custom elemental master set

Lightning elementalists
    Ryan Stormbringer: Summoner of the lightning elementalists
    Attack: 3(ranged), Life:5
    Bolt: Ryan may attack through other units. Al units between him and the target are affected by the attack.

Lightning titan: champion of the lightning elementalists
    Attack: 2(melee), Life:6, Cost:7
    Electrifying aura: Any enemy unit that starts its turn adjacent to this titan gets 1 wound. Any friendly unit that starts its turn adjacent to this unit may move 1 extra space this turn.

Djinn storm master: champion of the lightning elementalists
    Attack:2(melee), life:5, Cost:6
    Greater flight

Carso: champion of the lightning elementalists
    Attack: 2(ranged), Life:5, Cost:6
    Lightning arrows: Carso does not have to attack in a straight line. He may attack any one champion or common unit within 3 spaces of him. He may shoot through other units, but only the target of the attack is affected.

Lightning mage: Common of the lightning elementalists
    Attack: 1(ranged), life:1, Cost:2
    Spark Shot: Instead of attacking, this mage may roll a die. On a 6 or higher, destroy any common unit within 3 spaces of this mage, OR place 3 wounds markers on any champion unit.

Lightning elemental: common of the lightning elementalists
    Attack:2(melee), Life:2, Cost:2
    Chain Lightning: After attacking with this unit, you may spend 1 magic point to attack with this unit one additional time.

Djinn: Common of the lightning elementalists
    Attack:2(melee), Life:1, Cost:1
    Flight

Elemental Furyx3 -When summoning lightning elementals or the lightning titan this turn, you may summon them adjacent to any lighning mages you control. You may summon during this event phase.
    Thunderchantx2 - Choose one of he following: During your movement phase, all units you control may move 1 space, OR 3 units you control may move 3 spaces. to add 2 wounds to any champion or common unit.
    Storm shotx2 - All units you control with the word Djinn in their names add 1 to their attack value for the remainder of this turn.
    Greater storm shotx1 - All units you control with the word Djinn in their names add 2 to their attack value for the remainder of this turn.
    Energy boostx1 -All commons you control gain the following ability: Assault
    Last edited by Joseph; 07-28-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Seems a bit too powerful in my opinion (still)
    Lightning titan: champion of the lightning elementalists
    Attack: 3(melee), Life:6, Cost:7
    Electrifying aura: any enemy unit that starts its turn adjacent to this unit gets 1 wound. Any freindly unit that starts its turn adjacent to this unit may move 1 extra space this turn.
    Auto wounds are a powerful thing id compare this guy with the eater. But with a much better ability and no drawback.
    Carso: champion of the lightning elementalists
    Attack: 2(ranged), Life:5, Cost:6
    Lightning arrows: Carso does not have to attack in a straight line. He may attack any one unit within 3 spaces of him. He may shoot through other units, but only the target of the attack is affected.
    This can be ok but I need to gametes it first. Tho it makes it impossible for your opponent to hide behind walls.
    Lightning elemental: common of the lightning elementalists
    Attack:2(ranged), Life:3, Cost:3
    Chain Lightning: After attacking with this unit, you may spend 1 magic point to attack with this unit one additional time.
    Compare to Queen in MV this is a way too powerful unit Queen Stats are attack 2 life 4 cost 5 this in -2 cost for -1 life and a common to boot. Should be 2attack and 1 life for 2 cost or maybe the same cost.
    The last guy should cost 1 imo.

Light titan is fair i think cause he is 7 magic for 6 life and 2 attack(sorry , i meant to tyoe 2, brain fart). Carso has a whole point on his ability, so ne may be ok. Like you said, testing should decide. Ligh elemental-i will decrease his life by one, so he like quen, who we know is balanced. Testing will see if i need to lower it more. I think Djinn may be right cost cause of flying, hard to judge with powers like that. I will do both ways, but i hope, in testing, your cost is better!

Ice Elementalists
    Harrry Stormbringer: Summoner of the ice elementalists
    Attack: 2(ranged), Life:5
    Frost: At the end of your turn, you may spend 2 magic points. If you do, all enemy units may only move 1 space until the beggining of your next turn.

Ice titan: Champion of the ice elementalists
    Attack: 4(melee), Life:7, Cost:8
    Ice spikes: When an enemy unit moves next to this unit, roll a die. On a 4 or higher, add 1 wound to that unit.

Yeti: Champion of the ice elementalists
    Attack: 3(melee), Life:7, Cost:7
    Assualt

Iceman witch doctor: Champion of the ice elementalists
    Attack: 2(ranged), Life:4, Cost:4
    Frozen entourage: When this unit would receive one or more wounds, you may place them onto an adjacent icemen.

Cold mage: Common of the ice elementalists
    Attack: 1(ranged), Life:1, Cost:0
    Unstable: At the end of your turn, you must discard this cold mage. You may pay one magic to instead put it back in your hand.

Ice elemental: Common of the ice elementalists
    Attack: 2(melee), Life:2, Cost:2
    Ice spikes: When a unit moves adjacent to this ice elemental, roll a die. On a 4 or higher, add 1 wound to that unit.

Iceman: Common of the ice elementalists
    Attack: 1(melee), Life:1, Cost:1
    Blistering cold: When this iceman destroys a unit, you may place another iceman on the space that unit occupied from any discard pile, or your hand.

Elemental Furyx3 -When summoning ice elementals or the ice titan this turn, you may summon them adjacent to any lighning mages you control. You may summon during this event phase.
    Fast freezex3 -Discard any common unit on the battlefield with a summon cost of 2 or less. Then, replace it with an iceman from your discard pile or hand.
    Stabilizex2 -all cold mages you control can go back to your hand without paying one magic this turn.
    Ice stormx1 -Roll a die for each enemy common or champion unit. On a 1-3, nothing happens. on a 4-5, add 1 wound to the unit you were rolling for. on a 6, add 2 wounds to the unit you were rolling for.
    Last edited by Joseph; 07-28-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Hi again! I just wanted to give a preview of some expected units for reinforcements! They don't have actual stats yet: just descriptions! Anyone think they have a special abiliity they really like on a unit here, sound it off! Most of these units need an ability, look for * units. Still thinking on the units for most factions. If you have any units you would like to see, sound that off too! plural unit names signify commons, singular names signify champions.
    Water - Nymphs, trickster unit with chance of completely faking off opponent
    Air - Griffin hatchlings: small, weakish creature*, Griffins: big strong beast*, Griffin Mother: spawner off hatchlings, strong
    Fire - Lava beasts: slow, powerful creature, Demons:expensive, powerful monster*, Hellhounds:cheap, fast unit, low life
    Earth - Gem Blades: warrior with sword of geomantic magics*
    Ice - ice assassins: magically infused killer, icearchers: ranged attacker similar to icemen*, icemages: powerful version of archer*, crixon: powerful melee attacker*
    Lightning - Lightning blades: warrior with sword of electricity, Lightning archers: ranged units, like carso, Lightning rider: low life/attack, high cost ranged rider unit, Brotius: extremely expensive version of light. riders
    I hope you like these. I am not looking for help creating units, i just wanted to see if anybody thinks they have a good idea for a unit or ability. I will adopt it if i think its good and fits with the theme, and if you have ice/lighning units or abilities, sound em, second summoners people!

please, some feedback on the fire, water, and ice! I WANT CRITSICM!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Fire Elementalists
    Raknon Stormbringer: Summoner of the Fire elementalists
    Attack:3(ranged), Life:6
    Fiery exposure: At the start of your turn, you may spend any number of magic points. For each point, put one wound on any champion or common unit. Place a lava lake on a space where a unit destroyed by this power occupied.
    FIERY EXPOSURE
    At the beginning of your turn, you may spend any number of Magic Points. For each Magic Point spent in this way, place 1 Wound Marker on any Champion or Common Unit. If a Unit was destroyed by this ability, place a Lava Lake card on the space that Unit occupied.

Hm. It feels broken at first, and then you start to come around to it. I like it, but I need testing. Also, again, 3 Ranged combined with 6 life means there's a crappy power for that Summoner, and this is anything but. 2 Ranged, 5 Life for this Summoner, easy.

Fire titan: Chamion of the Fire elementalists
    Attack: 3(melee): Life:6, Cost:8
    Scorch the earth: An enemy unit that starts or ends its turn within 2 spaces of this fire titan gets 1 wound. Place a lava lake on any ONE space this fire titan moved on. A unit may only get one wound per turn by this ability.
    SCORCH THE EARTH
    At the beginning and at the end of an opponent's turn, if a Unit that opponent controls is within 2 spaces of this Fire Titan, place 1 Wound Marker on that Unit. After moving this Fire Titan, place a Lava Lake card on a space that this Fire Titan moved onto. A Unit cannot receive more than 1 Wound Marker from this ability during a turn.

Wording overload. I tried to shorten it where I could, but it's too long to fit on a card. Otherwise, seems to be costed right. I'd probably drop the "end of an opponent's turn" section if I wanted to make it into a card.

Bartiuus: Champion of the fire elementalists
    Attack: 3(ranged), Life:5, Cost: 5
    Burning flames: After attacking, you may place any amount of additional wounds on the target of the attack. Place the same number of wounds on Bartiuus. When Bartiuus kills a unit, place a lava lake there.
    BURNING FLAMES
    After attacking with Bartiuus, you may place any number of Wound Markers on Bartiuus to place the same amount of Wound Markers on the Unit you attacked. Whenever Bartiuus destroys a Unit, place a Lava Lake card on the space that Unit occupied.

Bah-roken. No amount of stat balancing fixes this ability as it is. Let me put it to you in the way of an example:
    Bartiuus attacks Grognack. He misses all his dice. Simple, place 24 Wound Markers on Bartiuus and kill Grognack! One Champion for a Summoner. Perfect! (Yes, that's legal.)

Bee-toon: Champion of the fire elementalists
    Attack: 4(melee), Life:4, Cost:6
    Demonic sacrifice: when Bee-toon gets a wound, you may discard any friendly common on the battlefield. For each summon cost point, ignore 1 wound Bee-toon just got.
    DEMONIC SACRIFICE
    Whenever Bee-toon would receive any wounds, you may discard any friendly Common Unit on the Battlefield. For each point of that Unit's Summon Cost, ignore 1 Wound Marker Bee-toon would receive.

Perfect card, and great job. My only complaint is that you shouldn't allow Mercenaries or other allied Units to discard for Bee-toon, just your own. But still, that's great and interesting, and a perfect new way to open design space. Well done.

Fire mage: Common of the fire elementalists
    Attack: 1(ranged), Life:1, Cost:1
    Burn: When an enemy unit moves adjacent to this fire mage, roll a die. on a 5 or 6, add 1 wound to that unit.
    BURN
    Each time a Unit moves adjacent to this Fire Mage, roll a die. On a result of 5 or higher, the moved Unit receives 1 Wound Marker.

Oh, reverse Plague, except it triggers even when you move past them. Interesting. I'd have to try it out for myself, but man, that's interesting.

Fire elemental: Common of the fire elementalists
    Attack: 3(melee), Life:2, Cost:3
    Burning corpse: When this elemental destroys a unit, attack all units adjacent to the destroyed unit. Resolve each attack seperately. This ability doesn't affect other fire element units.
    BURNING CORPSE
    Whenever this Fire Elemental destroys a Unit, immediately attack all non-Fire Elementalist Units adjacent to the destroyed Unit. Resolve each attack separately.

Interesting. It would have been more of a tension puller if the Fire Elemental could get damaged by its own ability, but it's fine as is. I just worry about how often the Elemental can destroy a Unit with 3 Melee. It would probably come down to 2 Melee in testing, it's a borderline +0/+1 ability, like Precise.

Combustsion orb: Common of the fire elementalists
    Attack: 1(melee), Life:3, Cost:3
    Combust: All enemy units adjacent to a unit this orb destroyed, or this unit when it is destroyed, get one wound.
    COMBUST
    All enemy Units adjacent to a Unit this Combustion Orb destroyed or this Combustion Orb when it is destroyed receive 1 Wound Marker.

Wow. That's convoluted as heck, but it makes sense, and it's nicely balanced.

Elemental furyx3 -When summoning fire elementals or the fire titan during this turn, you may summon them next to fire mages. You may summon during this event phase.
    - You may summon during this Event Phase. When Summoning any Fire Elementals or Fire Titan this turn, you may summon that Unit adjacent to a Fire Mage you control.

So all of the decks have Elemental Fury?

Burnx2 -Add 1 wound to any common or champion unit.
    - Place 1 Wound Marker on any 1 Common or Champion Unit.

You know the deck has a huge power creep when Burn is one of the weakest cards in the deck.

Lava Lakex2 -place a lava lake on your side of the battlefield.
    - Place a Lava Lake on a space on your side of the Battlefield.

If you don't want the deck to act really broken, change the name of this Event.

Flame whipsx2 -All melee units you control have the bow symbol until the end of your turn. All ranged units you control roll 1 extra attck die.
    - Until the end of this turn, all Units you control that have the sword symbol are instead treated as if they have the bow symbol. Until the end of this turn, all Units you control that have the bow symbol add 1 to their Attack Value.

Um, okay? A glorified +1 AV to all Units, and giving them all range? Yeah, that's too good. There needs to be more limits.

Extra-Lava lakesx10: Lava Lakes are placed on the battlefield. Your units do not count moving on it as a space. Enemy units get 1 wound when they move over a lava lakes. Lava lakes have 1 life, and don't go to your opponents magic pile when killed. put them back in your lava lake pile. Lava lakes arent considered walls, so you may not summon next to them(unless there is a nearby wall), and arent affected by wall-related powers or events
    Lava Lake cards are not shuffled into your deck. Instead, each player that has Lave Lakes listed on his Summoner’s Reference Card starts the game with that many Lava Lake cards in a separate Lava Lake Pile off of the Battlefield. Whenever a card instructs a player to place a Lava Lake, remove a Lava Lake from that player’s Lava Lake Pile and place it where directed. Lava Lakes are considered Obstacle cards for all purposes with the following exceptions:

1. Life: Lava Lakes have 1 Life Point.

2. Placement: A Lava Lake can be placed on a space where a Unit already exists; place the Lava Lake under the existing Unit. However, you can never place a Lava Lake on a space where a Wall or another Lava Lake already exists.

3. Movement: Units can move or be placed onto a space containing a Lava Lake. When a Fire Elemental Unit moves, moving onto a Lava Lake space doesn't count as moving 1 space. When a enemy Unit moves onto a space containing a Lava Lake, that Unit receives 1 Wound Marker.

4. Attacking: A Lava Lake can be attacked even if there is a Unit sharing a space with it. A player must declare whether he is attacking the Unit or the Lava Lake before attacking. Units on a Lava Lake space are considered to be adjacent to that Vine Wall and can attack it. Those units that share spaces with Lava Lakes can attack and be attacked from any direction unless blocked by another card.

5. Destroying: When a Vine Wall is destroyed, it is placed back onto the owner’s Vine Wall Pile rather than a Magic Pile.

Some Special Abilities refer to cards that are placed underneath them and impact them in some unique way. For the sake of interpreting the rules surrounding such abilities, Lava Lakes are NOT considered to be a card under under those Units. Remember that a Unit on a Lava Lake space is considered adjacent to that Lava Lake, even though they are sharing a space.

Did you notice how many words had to be made for it to be rules coherent? Heck, I had to use the card type "Obstacle", which no one here has seen from me yet, to make it work, since it's not a Wall or Unit or Mutation, yet it's a card for the purposes of attacking. Be very careful with cards like this; I'm having enough trouble making it work within the rules, and yours, while simplified, is still complicated.
    Last edited by thenightsshadow; 06-02-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Ok, First things first, Krusk has an awesome power capable of changing the game by possibly killing 4 units with 2 magic points and krusk's attack. I will change his attack to 2, though. I acidentally didn't put the restriction he can't place more wounds than he has remaining lives. That balances it out, since at one time he has the potential for only 4 auto wounds, max. and, as long as the enemy plays it smart, he'll get at least one wound before he gets to summoner. I will change the flame whips to you may choose one of the effects, not both. I personally think the lava lakes sre just as complicated as vine walls.

Ok, First things first, Krusk has an awesome power capable of changing the game by possibly killing 4 units with 2 magic points and krusk's attack. I will change his attack to 2, though.
    Watch those words. Krusk may have an awesome power, but a few things are off here. He pays 2 Magic Points, never less, never more, to move up to 3 Units and deal up to 1.5 Wounds on average. In comparison, Fire Summoner over here has the flexibility of paying any amount of Magic to place the same amount of Wound Markers. In addition, Krusk's ability is limited to within 3 spaces of himself, and only after the movement phase, while this one is at the beginning of the turn, no restriction of spaces away for the ability, and in addition you drop a Lava Lake if you knock off a Unit? 2 Ranged, 5 Life is being generous.

I acidentally didn't put the restriction he can't place more wounds than he has remaining lives. That balances it out, since at one time he has the potential for only 4 auto wounds, max. and, as long as the enemy plays it smart, he'll get at least one wound before he gets to summoner.
    Okay, limiting its damage based on its remaining life is fine. Doesn't exactly stop the fact that you can suicide him to put a Lava Lake wherever he stands, since your ability as worded also counts when he kills himself with the ability.

I will change the flame whips to you may choose one of the effects, not both.
    So it still works on every Unit. Testing time~

I personally think the lava lakes sre just as complicated as vine walls.
    No, your Lava Lakes are less complicated game-wise compared to Vine Walls. Vine Walls have the extra problem of being Walls for gameplay purposes. However, when writing the rules for the Lava Lakes, the Lava Lake rules are MORE complicated than the Vine Walls. They're not Units, Mutations, or Walls, but they are cards; otherwise, they can't be attacked by quite a number of abilities. It's not a problem per se as is, but you have to be really careful with when and how often you use something like this.

Also, I'm still trying to find out if I can exploit the free movement on the Lava Lakes.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Ice Elementalists
    Iceman witch doctor: Champion of the ice elementalists
    Attack: 2(ranged), Life:4, Cost:4
    Frozen entourage: When this unit would receive one or more wounds, you may place them onto any and all adjacent icemen,, icearchers, or icemages.
    i think there ability needs to be reworded a bit maybe something like ...

Frozen Entourage: When this unit would recieve wounds you may instead place each of those wounds on any adjacent Icemen, Icearcher, or Icemage but only as much as their current life, the wounds can be placed on more then one adjacent unit listed (above, earlier?)

thats probably a bit wordy and i think thats what you were aiming for but i just think it needs clarification. I do love this element idea though! keep it up
    Last edited by Laughsalot; 06-16-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast