Thread: bubba's custom elemental master set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking bubba's custom elemental master set

Earth elementalists

Ethan Stormbringer
    Summoner of the Earth elementalists
    Attack: 2(melee), Life: 7,
    Stone shield: Ethan may not be attacked by non-adjacent units when he is next to a wall.

Earth Titan: Champion of the Earth elementalists
    Attack: 3(melee), Cost:8, Life:7
    Slam: This earth titan may attack all champion and common units within 2 spaces of him. For un-adjacent units, you may only roll 1 attack die.

James rockshooter: Champion of the Earth Elementalists
    Attack: 2(ranged), Cost:5, Life:5
    Stone Arrows: When attacking with James, if he or the target of the attack are adjacent to a wall, you may roll 2 extra attack dice.

Grub Queen: Champion of the Earth elementalists
    Attack: 3(melee), Life:4, Cost:4
    Grub Inspiration: All burrow grubs within 2 spaces of this queen prior to moving may move 1 extra space and roll 1 extra attack die.

Earth mage: Common of the Earth Elementalistsx6
    Attack: 1(melee), Life:3, Cost:2
    Earth shield: A unit adjacent to this mage, but closer to your back row then this mage, cannot gain wounds from unadjacent units or events.

Earth elemental: Common of the Earth Elementalistsx7
    Attack: 2(melee), Life:2, Cost:3
    Tough

Burrow grub: Common of the Earth Elementalistsx5
    Attack: 3(melee), Life:1, Cost:1
    Burrow: this unit may move through other units. It must end its move on an unoccupied space. Subtract 1 from its attack for each space it moved.

Elemental Furyx3 -When summoning Earth elementals or the earth titan on this turn, you may summon them adjacent to Earth mages you control. You may summon during this event phase.
    Earthquakex3 -You may move 3 units on the battlefield one space. If the unit ends its move next to a wall, roll a die. On a 5 or 6, the unit gets one wound.
    Chasmx2 -If you have less units on the battlefield then your opponent, then choose a common with a Cost of 2 or less. put that common, and all commons adjacent to it with a cost of 2 or less, in your discard pile.
    Reform Earthx1 - You may take 1 wound off each earth elemental you control, and 2 wounds off each wall, and the Earth Titan.

Air Elementalists
    Kathryn stormbringer: Summoner of the air elementalists
    Attack: 2(ranged), Life:5
    Air Rush: Kathryn may move any champion or common unit within 3 spaces of herself 2 spaces at the start of your turn.

Air titan: Champion of the Air Elementalists
    Attack: 2(ranged), Life:5, Cost:6
    Air blast: Instead of attacking, you may move all units adjacent to this air titan up to 1 space each. You may add one Wound Marker to each Unit moved in this way by spending 1 Magic per Unit.

Air drake: Champion of the Air Elementalists
    Attack: 2(melee), Life:4, Cost:6
    Greater flight:

Dragon: Champion of the Air Elementalists
    Attack: 3(melee), Life:4, Cost:6
    Iron scale: All units have a base attack value of one when attacking this dragon.

Air mage: Common of the Air Elementalistsx7
    Attack: 1(ranged), Life:1, Cost:1
    Air push: When attacking with this air mage, if it wounds a unit, you may move that unit 1 space.

Air elemental: Common of the Air Elementalistsx6
    Attack: 1(ranged), Life:1, Cost:2
    Vortex: If an enemy common unit ever is the only enemy unit within 2 spaces of this air elemental, it may not move until this air elemental is destroyed or another enemy unit comes within 2 spaces of this air elemental.

Giant Hawk: Common of the elementalistsx5
    Attack:2(melee), Life:1, Cost:2
    Dive bomb: This Unit may attack at any time during your movement.

Elemental Furyx3 -When summoning air elementals or the air titan on this turn, you may summon them next to air mages. You may summon during this event phase.
    Tornadox3 -You may move 3 common or 1 champion unit on your side of the battlefield 1 space each. Roll a die for each unit moved. On a 5 or 6, add 1 wound to the moved unit.
    Vacumnx2 - place this acrd under any unit. That unit has an attack value of 0. At any time, the player controllng that unit may spend 2 magic to discard this card.
    Hurricanex1 - Roll a die, and take a number of wounds equal to the number rolled on the die. Distribute them however you want among 2 or 3 champion or common units. Rolls of 5 or 6 count as a roll of 4.

Fire Elementalists
    Attachment 617

Attachment 618

Attachment 619

Attachment 620

Attachment 621

Attachment 622

Attachment 623

Attachment 624

Attachment 625

Attachment 626

Attachment 627

Attachment 628
    Extra-Lava lakesx10: 1. Life: Lava Lakes have 1 Life Point.

2. Placement: A Lava Lake can be placed on a space where a Unit already exists; place the Lava Lake under the existing Unit. However, you can never place a Lava Lake on a space where a Wall or another Lava Lake already exists.

3. Movement: Units can move or be placed onto a space containing a Lava Lake. When a Fire Element Unit moves, moving onto a Lava Lake space doesn't count as moving 1 space. When an enemy Unit moves onto a space with a Lava Lake, that Unit receives 1 Wound Marker.

4. Attacking: A Lava Lake can be attacked even if there is a Unit sharing a space with it. A player must say whether he is attacking the Unit or the Lava Lake. Units on a Lava Lake space are considered to be adjacent to that lake and can attack it. Those units that share spaces with Lava Lakes can attack and be attacked from any direction unless blocked by another card.

5. when destroyed, lava lakes go in the lava lake pile

Water Elementalists
    John Stormbringer: Summoner of the water elementalists
    Tempest fury: At the end of your turn, you may discard any common you control on the battlefield. Subtract the number of wounds on the card from its total life. Put that many wounds on any wall.

Water titan: Champion of the water elementalists
    Attack: 2(ranged), Life:6, Cost:6
    Wave assualt: if this titan attacks an adjacent card, this titan my attack all units adjacent to it. Resolve each attack separately.

Makron Rans: Champion of the water elementalists
    Attack: 3(ranged), Life:4, Cost:6
    Hydraulic Blast: When Makron wounds a unit, she may move it one space.

Sepronen: Champion of the water elementalists
    Attack: 3(melee), Life:6, Cost:6
    Crush: When Sepronen moves, he may move through commons. If he ends his move on an occupied space, then he must attack that unit. if the unit isn't killed, place 3 wounds on this card, and place this card adjacent to the attacked unit.

Water mage: common of the water elementalists
    Drowning touch: If this water mage wounds a unit, that unit may not move during its next move phase, and may not attack a card more then 2 spaces away.

Water elemental: Common of the water elementalists
    Attack: 2(melee), Life:1, Cost:1
    Wave attack: Instead of attacking with this card, you may attack a unit 3 straight line spaces away. If the unit isn't destroyed, move the unit back 1 space. Discard this elemental after using this power.

Hydroserpent: Common of the water elementalists
    Attack: 1(melee), Life:1, Cost:2
    Coil: Instead of attacking, this hydroserpent may be put on top of an adjacent common or champion unit unit.This serpent may not move with a card under it. A unit under this card may not move. any misses rolled when attacking this hydroserpent count as hits on a unit under it. A hydroserpent may uncoil a unit by moving off it.

Elemental Furyx3 -When summoning water elementals or the water titan this turn, you may summon them next to water mages you control. You may summon during this event phase.
    Wavex3 -You may move up to 2 enemy commons or champions within 4 spaces of your summoner one space each.
    Floodx2 - Until the beginning of your next turn, your opponent can only move 1 unit in the movement phase.
    Tempestx1 -Add 2 to the attack values of all water elementals and 1 to the water titan's attack value for this turn.
    Last edited by Joseph; 07-30-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Format
    Initial thoughts

cost

ability wording

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

Earth elementalists

Ethan Stormbringer
    Attack: 3(melee), Life: 7,
    Stone shield: Ethan may not be attacked by non-adjacent units when he is next to a wall.
    My first thought was Stormbringer? Shouldn't that be the air summoner's name? It all makes sense now that I've read them all. Ethan seems pretty tough and balanced by himself. No cost to worry about.

Stone shield:Ethan may not be attacked by non-adjacent units when he is adjacent to a wall.

Attack: 4(melee), Cost:8, Life:7
    Slam: This earth titan may attack all units within 2 spaces of him. For un-adjacent units, you may only roll 1 attack die.
    Wow. This guy is powerful. He fulfills multiple champion roles- an area attack for anti-common, high attack for anti-champion, and lots of life to boot. He's already 8 cost, so taking him down a notch might be necessary.

Slam: This earth titan may attack all units within 2 spaces of him. Roll each attack separately. Earth Titan cannot roll more than one die when attacking a non-adjacent unit.

Stone Arrows: If James OR his target his a adjacent to wall, on an attack, you may roll 2 extra attack dice.
    James is interesting. He looks balanced, but I'm not sure if the ability will be used a lot or not at all.

Stone Arrows: When attacking with James, if James OR the (card/unit) he is attacking is a adjacent to wall, you may roll 2 extra attack dice.

Grub Inspiration: All burrow grubs within 2 spaces of this queen prior to moving may move 1 extra space and roll 1 extra attack die.
    The Grub Queen is probably overpowered. I would suggest taking away the attack boost or giving it this little change-

Grub Inspiration: All burrow grubs that begin their movement within 2 spaces of Grub Queen may move 1 additional space. If a burrow grub affected by this power moves 3 spaces, add 1 to its attack.
    But even that might be overpowered. I also think you should change the power's name. Maybe Grub Swarm?

Earth shield: A unit adjacent to this mage, but closer to your back row then this mage, cannot gain wounds from unadjacent units or events.
    I have no idea what to think of this unit... I'll leave it to someone else. It is certainly a unique idea.

Attack: 2(melee), Life:3, Cost:3
    Tough
    Mathematically sound. Fits with the theme. No issues.

Burrow: this unit may move through other units. It must end its move on an unoccupied space. Subtract 1 from its attack for each space it moved.
    I'm not sure how to calculate cost for a burrowing unit, but the grub seems well-costed. The cheap offense will definitely strengthen the deck.

Elemental Furyx3 -When summoning Earth elementals or the earth titan on this turn, you may summon them adjacent to Earth mages you control. You may summon during this event phase.
    It might not be balanced to include the Earth Titan. Keep in mind this event involves two expensive commons with high life. It might be too powerful, considering you can send an Earth Mage straight into enemy territory without fear of it dying quickly. But maybe the combined cost will make it more balanced.

Earthquakex3 -You may move 4 units on the battlefield one space. If the unit ends its move next to a wall, it gets 1 wound.
    Definitely overpowered. It can move your units faster, move enemy units out of the way, kill enemy units, or do all three at the same time.

Chasmx2 -If ypu have less units on the battlefield then your opponent, then choose a common with a Cost of 2 or less. put that common, and all commons adjacent to it with a cost of 2 or less, in your discard pile.
    Seems balanced compared to the Shadow Elves' Into Darkness event.There's a possibility of taking out 3 units, but your opponent can avoid it.

Reform Earthx1 - You may take 2 wounds off each earth elemental you control, and 3 wounds off each wall, and the Earth Titan.
    Since there's only one copy, you'll probably have to work to get good use out it, but the payoff is worth it.

The Earth Elementalists are not short on raw power. They have defensive powers through mages and elementals and cheap attack through grubs. I would be afraid they might steamroll people, but having two expensive commons should prevent that. You might want to rethink the common distribution. More grubs and fewer Earth Elementals will make more sense economically. Overall a good custom faction with interesting ideas. I think you managed to keep the powers simple enough that their theme won't compromise their gameplay.

Thank you! I needed to know what someone thinks. The stormbringer thing is because they're all brothers on the bios. I have to write that up sometimes. I think I'll take it down a notch with The Earth titan. I will make earthquake hit champs and commons only with a 50 percent chance on damge. 3 units only per play. better? oh and the grub queen, i lowered her cost and life by 2. this will prevent players from putting her close to enemy walls. this way, 4 attack grubs have to move to attack, and should't be rolling more than 2 dice if the opponent plays it right.

Hey. I just spent the last month making this- a custom elemental master set! It's made up of 6 factions, each one element related. There is earth, air, water, fire, cold, and lightning. Each faction has its own perks. Each factions style is also based off an actual factions style, with a twist. for example, the earth elementalists play defense like the VG, but do it with tough units rather then healing. This is my first custom set of creations. Please leave feedback, I need it. Enjoy! ( ill be putting a new faction in every few hours as i put on the finishing touches)
    Interesting. Six factions based around an element. Okay, I get it. I like the theme, so now it's about the balance. I'll take a crack at the Earth Elementalists first.

Earth elementalists
    Ethan Stormbringer
    Attack: 3(melee), Life: 7,
    STONE SHIELD
    As long as Ethan Stormbringer is next to a Wall, he cannot be attacked by non-adjacent Units.

I'd put him as a 6-life Summoner, personally, in a vacuum. This ability negates one of the main weaknesses of Melee Summoners, making him more powerful than all the other ones thus far.

Attack: 4(melee), Cost:8, Life:7
    Slam: This earth titan may attack all units within 2 spaces of him. For un-adjacent units, you may only roll 1 attack die.
    SLAM
    When Earth Titan attacks, it may attack all Units adjacent to it and roll a die. On a result of 3 or higher, place 1 Wound Marker on every Unit within 2 spaces of Earth Titan.

Seems like a fixed Gror at first glance. However, your ability is a strong one. You need to make it so that the total Attack Value and Life equal 10, so I'd suggest dropping the Attack Value down by 1.

Stone Arrows: If James OR his target his a adjacent to wall, on an attack, you may roll 2 extra attack dice.
    STONE ARROWS
    When James Rockshooter attacks a card, if either card is adjacent to a Wall, add 2 to his Attack Value until the end of the turn.

Very interesting, but again, the costing is off. James should be either 1 Ranged or 4 Life.

GRUB INSPIRATION
    At the beginning of your Movement Phase, all Burrow Grubs within 2 spaces of Grub Queen may move 1 additional space and add 1 to their Attack Value.

Quite interesting; gives them one more space to be like the actual Burrow Ability. I like it.

EARTH SHIELD
    Any Unit adjacent to this Earth Mage that is closer to your back row than this Earth Mage cannot receive Wounds from non-adjacent Units or Events.

I like it. It's balanced because it works on your opponent's creatures too, and forces the Mage to keep moving forward where it is more likely to die, partially mitigating its 3-life power.

Attack: 2(melee), Life:3, Cost:3
    Tough
    TOUGH
    Whenever an opponent rolls to attack this Earth Elemental, this Earth Elemental only receives Wound Markers from die results of 4 or higher during that attack.

Ugh. While costed correctly, I don't like it. 3 Life with Tough just means it's 6 dice to destroy one of these on average. I'd probably have to see how annoying they are in testing, but I don't like the stats here. Guardsmen were fine because of the 1 AV curse, but with 2 AV...eh. Add that to the fact you can heal it too.

LESSER BURROW
    This Burrow Grub may move through other Units, but must end its move on an unoccupied space. When attacking with this Burrow Grub, reduce its Attack Value by 1 for each space it moved.

I put Lesser Burrow since Burrow gives 1 extra movement. So, basically, this Grub acts like a Burrow. Interesting. I like the synergy.

- You may summon during this Event Phase. When Summoning any Earth Elementals or Earth Titan this turn, you may summon that Unit adjacent to an Earth Mage you control.

No comment.

Earthquakex3 -You may move 4 units on the battlefield one space. If the unit ends its move next to a wall, it gets 1 wound.
    - One at a time, you may move up to 4 Units on the Battlefield up to 1 space. If the moved Unit ends its move next to a Wall card, it receives 1 Wound Marker

Agree with Ryujin, this is too good. Manipulating your opponent's movements, and the fact that it also works on Summoners is a ridiculous feat, and you can do this three times in a row.

Chasmx2 -If ypu have less units on the battlefield then your opponent, then choose a common with a Cost of 2 or less. put that common, and all commons adjacent to it with a cost of 2 or less, in your discard pile.
    - Choose an opponent. If you have less Units on the Battlefield than that opponent, choose a common with a Summon Cost of 2 or less. Place that common, and all commons adjacent to it with a Summon Cost of 2 or less, on your Discard Pile.

Applause. Great great great invention of a CUE. I like it, if only for its thematics. However, I worry that it's a bit too powerful, but that's for testing to decide.

Reform Earthx1 - You may take 2 wounds off each earth elemental you control, and 3 wounds off each wall, and the Earth Titan.
    - You may remove up to 2 Wound Markers from each Earth Elemental you control, and up to 3 Wound Markers off each Wall and Earth Titan.

Feels weird to be able to heal the opponent's Walls, but I guess if you're scared of a Fury of Godshome...other than that, see my Earth Elemental comments for my thoughts.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Oh, and i tested the earth elemental. Commons work just fine. It does seem like a steamroller unit, but, suprisingly, it works out. they play a roll similar to savagers for the swamp orcs. tanks that are both played and built.

Just remember that often simpler is better. The Earth Titan's power won't look good if there's too much text.

I feel like the Grub Queen should have 1 less attack. However, Lun, Xazerbane, and Baldar all have the 3/4 for 4 stats; I'll let you decide how useful Grub Queen's power is compared to theirs.

Format: Cost (+impressions), Rewordings.
    Air elementalists
    Anthony stormbringer: Summoner of the air elementalists
    Air Rush: Anthony may move any champion or common unit 2 spaces at the start of your turn.
    That is powerful, but he does have low stats. Exactly two or upto two?

I really like this ability except for the fact that you can hide your Summoner and still use this. I think it needs a cost too. It's Kynder's ability with no range and no cost!

Attack: 3(ranged), Life:5, Cost:5
    Air blast: After attacking, you may move all units within 2 spaces of this air titan 2 spaces each. You may spend 1 magic point to put 1 wound on one unit moved by this ability. You may spend multiple magic points to hit multiple targets.
    Way, way way too cheap. A much better version of Krusk, and he's under-costed anyway for his statline. And he affects Summoners too which is a bit overpowered. Needs to be an instead of attacking and toned down a lot.

REWORDING:Air blast: After attacking, you may move all units within 2 spaces of this air titan upto 2 spaces each. You may add one Wound Marker to each Unit moved in this way by spending 1 Magic per Unit.

Greater flying
    Again, under-costed, considering Archangel's cost. Needs to be 8-cost I think. And it's Greater Flight.

Attack: 2(ranged), Life:5, Cost:7
    Iron scale: All units have an attack value of one when attacking this dragon.
    Costed well I think. I would prefer it with one less life and cost though.

Attack: 1(ranged), Life:1, Cost:0
    Air push: After attacking, you may move the target of the air mage's attack 1 space.
    Well, powerful, thematic and nice. It's unheard of to see a 0-cost ranged Unit with a positive ability. Needs to be 1 or 2 cost. And needs to be 2 spaces range maximum, otherwise it destroys melee factions like the MV.

Attack: 2(ranged), Life:1, Cost:1
    Vortex: If a unit moves within 2 spaces of this elemental, it must end its move. The air elemental may then move that unit up to 2 spaces.
    Umm.. can only be killed by ranged Units? This one Unit could wipe out the whole MV! Is undercosted anyway, (2-cost for stats alone), but that ability needs toning down.

Dive bomb: This hawk may move 3 spaces, and through other units. This hawk may move less then 3 spaces, attack, and move the remaining spaces.
    Nice.

REWORDING This Unit may move one additional space, may move through other Units, and may attack at any time during your movement.

Elemental Furyx3 -When summoning air elementals or the air titan on this turn, you may summon them next to air mages. You may summon during this event phase.
    'You may summon during your event phase' is a bit powerful for a 3x don't you think? (although it is needed for the event to work)

Tornadox3 -You may move 3 units up to 2 spaces each. Roll a die for each unit moved. On a 5 or 6, add 1 wound to the moved unit.
    Move any Unit including Summoners? 3x? Very powerful. 2 spaces is a lot more than it may seem. Playing more than one of these in a turn could easily lead to an offensive summoner(MV) dying.

Magic Drainx2
    ok

Hurricanex1 -You may distribute 4 wounds anyway you like across your opponents champions and commons. You must wound at least 2 units like this.
    Considering Greater Burn, a 1x only adds 2 Wound Markers this seems powerful.

REWORDING: You may add upto a total of 4 Wound Markers to enemy Champion or Common Units. At least two Units must be affected by this Event.
    I was Violet in CoRT XI: The Admiral's an Idiot
    I was Kadara in CoRT XII: Operation GoldenEye

vita's Custom 'Advanced Set'

In all, a powerful faction, able to move enemy Units a lot. That along with their many ranged Units, and super-powered Commons makes them almost impossible to beat. What if you placed an air elemental adjacent to you summoner? Nobody can get close.
    I was Violet in CoRT XI: The Admiral's an Idiot
    I was Kadara in CoRT XII: Operation GoldenEye

vita's Custom 'Advanced Set'

I've tweaked them a bit. I think i get what you're saying-good faction, justs needs to costed more effiecently. I've tweaked the costs and/or the powers. Air elemental has wording i orginally meant to use, forgot it. now the ability is more like the horror mutant's. It doesn't affect units that have already suffered the ability. Tornado, i forgot to put in champion or common only. hurricane is fine, i think, i have tweaked their life to make this a glass cannon faction more or less, with the exception of the dragon. The mages_well, i guess, peeps will be playing quen more! I will make em one cost.

Anthony stormbringer: Summoner of the air elementalists
    Air Rush: Anthony may move any champion or common unit within 4 spaces of anthony 2 spaces at the start of your turn.
    AIR RUSH
    At the beginning of your turn, choose a Common or Champion Unit within 4 spaces of Anthony Stormbringer. Move the chosen Unit up to 2 spaces.

The former iteration vita looked as was really broken. This, however, is alright, if a little unknown. The change fixes the problem of keep-away against other Summoners, and with the low stats he has, he has to rely on other means of attacking, as 5 Life on a 2 Ranged Summoner is the worst Ranged Summoner including the ones released.

Attack: 3(ranged), Life:5, Cost:5
    Air blast: After attacking, you may move all units within 2 spaces of this air titan up to 2 spaces each. You may add one Wound Marker to each Unit moved in this way by spending 1 Magic per Unit.
    AIR BLAST
    At the end of your Attack Phase, one at a time, you may move all Units within 2 spaces of this Air Titan up to 2 spaces each. For each Unit moved in this way, you may spend 1 Magic point to place 1 Wound Marker on that Unit.

OR

AIR BLAST
    After attacking with Air Titan, one at a time, you may move all Units within 2 spaces of this Air Titan up to 2 spaces each. For each Unit moved in this way, you may spend 1 Magic point to place 1 Wound Marker on that Unit.

I'm not sure what you mean by after attacking. Tell me which of the wordings above is your intention. Also, regardless of whichever it is, that is way to high-costed. That has to be a 3 Ranged, 2 Life Unit if it's going to cost 5, as I'm positive the ability is at least a +1.

Greater flying
    GREATER FLIGHT
    When moving Air Drake during your Movement Phase, you may move him 1 additional space. Air Drake may move through other cards, but must end his move on an unoccupied space.

Eh. Greater Flight is one of those weird abilities where it costs differently the more AV you have. With 1 AV, it costs +0. With 2 AV, it's supposed to cost +1. And with 3 AV, like you have here, it needs to cost +2. So, that cost either has to be 8, or less life is in the cards.

Attack: 2(ranged), Life:5, Cost:7
    Iron scale: All units have an attack value of one when attacking this dragon.
    IRON SCALE
    Whenever a Unit attacks this Dragon, reduce that Unit's base Attack Value to 1 for that Attack.

If I didn't put the "base" there, it'll cause problems when Heroic Feat is used, or Chant of Growth, or any AV-raising abilities/events. And ew, I don't like that ability. I have tried to use it again and again, and every time I'm resigned to the fact that if it is used, it has to be on a Champion with no more than 4 life. This makes it so that, on average, it takes 6 2/3 attacks to destroy the Dragon on average, and that's a lot. That's more than two turns' worth of attacks.

Attack: 1(ranged), Life:1, Cost:0
    Air push: After attacking, you may move the target of the air mage's attack 1 space.
    AIR PUSH
    After your Attack Phase, for each time a card was attacked by an Air Elemental this turn, move that card up to 1 space.

OR

AIR PUSH
    After attacking a card with this Air Elemental, move that card up to 1 space.

See my question regarding 'after attacking' previously. Also agree with vita, 1 Ranged 1 Life 0 Cost Units have to have a drawback.

Vortex: If a unit 3 or more spaces away from this unit moves within 2 spaces of this elemental, it must end its move. The air elemental may then move that unit up to 2 spaces. it may not move that unit more than 2 spaces away.
    VORTEX
    Whenever a Unit that starts its move 3 or more spaces away from this Air Elemental moves within 2 spaces of this Air Elemental, it must end its move. You may then move that Unit up to 2 spaces, as long as it is not moved more than 2 spaces away from this Air Elemental.

Ew. This has the potential to be very very mean. Not only does this work defensively but offensively, especially when you chain multiples of these together. Move a Unit into Air Elemental territory, and have that Unit flung into the range of another Air Elemental, and have that Unit moved into the range of another Air Elemental, and so forth. This is a rules nightmare. So many restrictions need to be put on it to make it balanced that I'd rather you come up with a new power altogether.

Dive bomb: This hawk may move 3 spaces, and through other units. This hawk may move less then 3 spaces, attack, and move the remaining spaces.
    DIVE BOMB
    When moving this Hawk during your Movement Phase, you may move it 1 additional space. This Hawk does not attack during the Attack Phase, and may move through other Units, but must end its move on an unoccupied space. Instead, once per turn, at any time during your Movement Phase, you may attack with this Hawk. You choose 1 less Unit during your Attack Phase for every DIVE BOMB that is activated.

If you can't tell by how ridiculous the wording is, yeah, it needs a bit of finesse. In my opinion, drop the additional space of movement and moving through other Units. It's a nice ability once you strip away all of the added baggage.

- You may summon during this Event Phase. When Summoning any Air Elementals or Air Titan this turn, you may summon that Unit adjacent to an Air Mage you control.

Oh, I see what you're doing. This one makes a little more sense than the Earth variant.

Tornadox3 -You may move 3 units up to 2 spaces each. Roll a die for each unit moved. On a 5 or 6, add 1 wound to the moved unit.
    Choose up to 3 Units. Move each of the chosen Units up to 2 spaces. Roll a die for each moved Unit. On a result of 5 or higher, the moved Unit receives 1 Wound Marker.

So, you decided to debuff the part of Sandstorm that wasn't that strong, and buff the strongest part of it. 2 spaces, really, and anywhere on the board? Dang. I'm not a fan of this one.

Magic Drainx2
    Choose an opponent. If you have fewer Units on the Battlefield than that opponent does, remove up to 2 cards from the top of that opponent's Magic Pile and place them on top of your Magic Pile.

Standard fare.

Hurricanex1 -You may distribute 4 wounds anyway you like across your opponents champions and commons. You must wound at least 2 units like this.
    Choose an opponent, and from 2 to 4 Units that player controls. Place a total of 4 Wound Markers on those Units, with at least 1 Wound Marker on each Unit.

If only...if only...I want to like this card, I really do. The thing is, it's too far-reaching. Like most of the other cards in this faction, the range is too great, and low life on the part of the Units is not a strong weakness with how much you can manipulate the Summoner.

Edit:
    Didn't realize Joseph posted; I take time with these posts.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast