Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 118

Thread: Mice and Mystics

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Madison WI
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Yes, it is a 4 inch deep box. The components list follows. Keep in mind that the 8 board tiles are each about a 4th of the size of a Summoner Wars Board. A lot of the 22 minis are complex in nature and all come pre-assembled. The story book is 55 pages long. The fact is the price point wasn't pulled out of the air. It is based on cost of production. I know it is our most ambitious project yet, and that's why I wanted to do a per-order discount. So you all would have a chance to get the game from us for closer to what you are used to paying for our new games.
    And let that be the end of me questioning this game's pricing. I think I was moreso just initially shocked by it, I had no idea Plaid Hat was gonna take on such an ambitious project or game. With that amount of stuff, I'm very much so likining it to Castle Ravenloft, and it may well compete with that for the deepest box I own.

    I'm going to be sorely tempted to find the money and pre-order it to save that money...that's just a wild deal. He could be offering it at 60 and it'd still feel like a good deal. I'll be really interested to keep seeing more about this one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I looked back at my previous post and realize that I spent a lot of words on the price--after all that was the question put forth by the OP. I failed to mention that the price in no way kept me from pre-ordering. Kind of an important fact, that. I trust Plaid Hat to deliver the good stuff and felt like I needed to balance out any negative vibes from my earlier post.

    I've got one eye here for the rulebook and another on the window for the delivery truck (August is only 3 months away).

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Yes, it is a 4 inch deep box. The components list follows. Keep in mind that the 8 board tiles are each about a 4th of the size of a Summoner Wars Board. A lot of the 22 minis are complex in nature and all come pre-assembled. The story book is 55 pages long. The fact is the price point wasn't pulled out of the air. It is based on cost of production.
    Oh boy, ok then. That's a BIG game about little guys. Any preview on expected play time or set up?

    edit: this reminds me so much of Mouse Guard RPG

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, Michigan
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Pre-ordered. I find that no matter what I throw money at PHG. But I do not mind because I have not been disappointed yet so here to mice. Plus $25 off and 2 promos is great. It really looks like a fun game that I can play with my oldest niece.
    Mom 3-10-1956 12-16-2008
    Dad 4-22-1961 7-18-2009

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PePe QuiCoSE View Post
    Oh boy, ok then. That's a BIG game about little guys. Any preview on expected play time or set up?

    edit: this reminds me so much of Mouse Guard RPG
    Check out the vital stats on the right of the Mice and Mystics game page, they should answers some of those questions: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/games/mice-and-mystics

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA - CO - Fort Collins
    Posts
    103

    Default

    I have to say I love the Redwall feel of the art that Mr. Ariosa has provided.

    Colby, have you ever considered having some nice hi-res wallpaper images made for your various games? Right now my (Android!) tablet is sporting a picture from the upcoming "Banner Saga", but I would quickly replace it if I could get a good Mice and Mystics background.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Check out the vital stats on the right of the Mice and Mystics game page, they should answers some of those questions: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/games/mice-and-mystics
    What an elegant way to make me feel dumb! hahahaha

    Huh, it has solo play... wonder how long it will take for it to be up on BGG.

    edit: btw, the dumb is not meant in an offensive, way, I just had been into that page before asking the question.

    edit2: looking at the background image it seems it will have the rogue, fighter, barbarian, ranger, cleric and wizard/sorcerer mice.

    edit3: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...stics-new-game
    edit4: @LoTech wow, I feel I just can't navigate the new webpage
    Last edited by PePe QuiCoSE; 05-10-2012 at 04:04 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA - OH - Ashland
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Classicsmiley View Post
    I have to say I love the Redwall feel of the art that Mr. Ariosa has provided.

    Colby, have you ever considered having some nice hi-res wallpaper images made for your various games? Right now my (Android!) tablet is sporting a picture from the upcoming "Banner Saga", but I would quickly replace it if I could get a good Mice and Mystics background.
    Yeah I especially love the look of the storybook cover from the news item:

    It's got a cool sorta "flat" look to it.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    POST
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PePe QuiCoSE View Post
    edit2: looking at the background image it seems it will have the rogue, fighter, barbarian, ranger, cleric and wizard/sorcerer mice.
    Leader/Warrior, Scamp, Archer, Mystic, Tinkerer/Warrior, and Healer

    I'm really loving the story already being revealed for this game, along with the artwork and minis.

    I am beginning to think that these "mice" weren't always mice though. edit: and after re-reading the first sentence on the game's page I can see why.
    Last edited by LoTech; 05-10-2012 at 04:34 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Stillwater, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Classicsmiley View Post
    I have to say I love the Redwall feel of the art that Mr. Ariosa has provided.

    Colby, have you ever considered having some nice hi-res wallpaper images made for your various games? Right now my (Android!) tablet is sporting a picture from the upcoming "Banner Saga", but I would quickly replace it if I could get a good Mice and Mystics background.
    I loved Redwall a couple years ago! Wooo! Great stuff.

    I'm really excited to learn more. I think I'll definitely consider this game.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

    CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •