Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Run 2 Details

Hi all! First time post here. I have two copies of Dungeon Run and can't wait for Dungeon Run 2. Any idea of when it will be available?

Mr Bistro, designer of the game, said somewhere else that it is still in development. So, even if things speed up a lot and if everything goes well, I'd still wouldn't be waiting for it before winter.

I definitely appreciate the efforts to keep players together.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    Mr Bistro, designer of the game, said somewhere else that it is still in development. So, even if things speed up a lot and if everything goes well, I'd still wouldn't be waiting for it before winter.
    Thanks...hopefully it can be my Christmas presant like my two copies of Dungeon Run were.

This looks like a definite improvement as far as being a stand-alone, but I'm slightly worried about how these changes might upset game balance when combined with the original DR stuff. For example, when there are very few Animates, Emma's Elementalism will be less useful, and Birodin's various Legacy powers will be less valuable when he can already use 75% of treasure (as opposed to around 64% in DR). Maybe it won't matter, though.

And having "Hunters" in Dungeon Run 2 will be kind of weird if their power is actually called "hunter," because Dungeon Run already has a "hunter" power (as seen in the Wolf), and it will be odd to have two separate powers with the same name.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Quote Originally Posted by prometheuslkr View Post
    This looks like a definite improvement as far as being a stand-alone, but I'm slightly worried about how these changes might upset game balance when combined with the original DR stuff. For example, when there are very few Animates, Emma's Elementalism will be less useful, and Birodin's various Legacy powers will be less valuable when he can already use 75% of treasure (as opposed to around 64% in DR). Maybe it won't matter, though.

And having "Hunters" in Dungeon Run 2 will be kind of weird if their power is actually called "hunter," because Dungeon Run already has a "hunter" power (as seen in the Wolf), and it will be odd to have two separate powers with the same name.
    Most of the playtesting for DR2 will be based around it being blended with the first game. As for the hunter thing, well that's just me forgetting the name was used - the ability names are just placeholders at the moment.

That's awesome to hear! I love DR! I wish there was another way for characters to advance other than just through encounter cards such as Stabbins for example. If there was some way he could get rewarded for using his slight of hand and mischievious ways for advancing. That each character would have a special way of achieving advancement along with encounters. These special ways of advancing would reinforce what their character special ways are and unique to them. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetoo View Post
    That's awesome to hear! I love DR! I wish there was another way for characters to advance other than just through encounter cards such as Stabbins for example. If there was some way he could get rewarded for using his slight of hand and mischievious ways for advancing. That each character would have a special way of achieving advancement along with encounters. These special ways of advancing would reinforce what their character special ways are and unique to them. Just an idea.
    In my experience, Stabbins has no real trouble advancing the normal way. And if he steals a nice treasure, he could always offer to trade it to someone in exchange for an encounter card from their loot pile.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

I haven't picked up the first one, but I am leaning towards picking up DR2. The tweaks to the game make it look like it'll be even better.

I just picked up the first one today, and have read through the rules. Looking forward to playing it this weekend, if I can find table space for it

The sneak preview of DR2 sounds great, and I'm already looking forward to seeing that, as well.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast