Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Worst Deck App Tournament

I've still gotta maintain that this SO deck isn't so terrible. I was slaughtering CG until the dice swung ridiculously badly, and something similar was true with JE. I don't think I did anything brilliant; any of us should win with this tourney's SO against this tourney's CG around 75% or so. FK is gonna fare badly (goodly?) in all of these MUs. That's my clear prediction.

Dice, dice, dice
    I went 2-1

Vs Vitoy (WIN) he was one hit away from the victory but Rahlee missed. Then (after a FS+champ combo) i had 4 dice on 1 hp Elien.

Vs Lcanela (LOSS) i had to roll 3/4 for the win (went 2/4) and after a while he had to roll 3/4 to kill Khexu and survive. And he did that.

Vs Snalgo (WIN) I had great dice. Dragos managed to pass through the Vine Wall for the final hit.
    So, as You can see, dice were the deciding factor in my games.

This FK deck is not bad at all. Maybe slightly worse than regular deck but definitely useful. Miles better than PE in this format. Two champs cost 5 so You can use FS without any mana. Good commons, a lot of HPs. Plus powerful Elut, of course.

Anyway, Snalgo - big thanks for organizing. Great and fresh format. I'm looking forward for the next tournament with similar rules.
    Last edited by Robert Srzednicki; 05-30-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

snalg is offline Three-Time SW App Champion Fall 2013, Winter 2015, & Spring 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Srzednicki View Post
    I'm looking forward for the next tournament with similar rules.
    Hey, you are not through yet! There is still a final round for top 2 from this round, at least according to the original plan.

Also I find it interesting that there seems to be different opinions regarding the strengths of decks. Maybe for the future I will try a tournament based on players' skill on deck evaluation. I have no idea how to implement though, perhaps generate random decks and bid for them?

Quote Originally Posted by snalg View Post
    Hey, you are not through yet! There is still a final round for top 2 from this round, at least according to the original plan.

Also I find it interesting that there seems to be different opinions regarding the strengths of decks. Maybe for the future I will try a tournament based on players' skill on deck evaluation. I have no idea how to implement though, perhaps generate random decks and bid for them?
    Great I did not notice "the final round". Regarding the decks, i have used only two of them and IMO FK is much better than PE for one simple reason : Health Points. It's extremely hard to play as a faction with almost all 1hp commons, 4 hp champs and 4 hp summoner who can be killed in one turn. On the other hand FK (underpowered faction in regular games) has a lot of life. Seems that SE is not bad due to Into Darkness and Sel. JE "worst deck" was clearly overpowered in this format.
    Last edited by Robert Srzednicki; 05-31-2019 at 01:26 AM.
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

My results:
    Loss vs Nadhir
    Loss vs Snalgo
    Loss vs Luis
    Ggs!
    Snalgo thanks for organising this one!
    Just trying to beat everybody, but I love Y'all!

...or you could just let everyone play with multiple decks before they’re eliminated :’(

-on that, vitoy, what did you think of SE? I’m somewhat of an expert on that poo-version of the deck.

snalg is offline Three-Time SW App Champion Fall 2013, Winter 2015, & Spring 2015

I won against lcanala and Vitoy, and lost against Nadhir. GGs.

Now things get a bit complicated with 3-way ties for lcanle(SE), Nadhir(FK) and me(SO). According to original plan, all three players will advance to the final round. Regarding the decks, PE will advance along with FK and SO. SE is out because it beat both FK and SO in the first round.

For the final round, since there are 3 players/decks, I suggest we change the format slightly. Each player will play two decks instead of one. And we each play two games against another with pre-determined MU so every deck will be played against another two times, just like the players. Deck assignment is as below (this time there is no randomization because lcanela can't play FK and I can't play PE, so Nadhir gets to play/suffer from them again ):

lcanela: PE, SO
    Nadhir: FK, PE
    snalgo: SO, FK

Below are the pre-determined matches. First player send invites to the second player.

lcanela(PE) vs Nadhir 99(FK)
    lcanela(SO) vs snalgo (FK)

Nadhir 99(PE) vs lcanela (SO)
    Nadhir 99(FK) vs snalgo(SO)

snalgo(SO) vs lcanela(PE)
    snalgo(FK) vs Nadhir 99 (PE)
    Last edited by snalg; 05-31-2019 at 10:51 PM. Reason: changed invitation schedule so every player will play two decks each

Quote Originally Posted by Ithamar Conkey View Post
    ...or you could just let everyone play with multiple decks before they’re eliminated :’(

-on that, vitoy, what did you think of SE? I’m somewhat of an expert on that poo-version of the deck.
    You've done a good job, SE is bad. Luis won thanks to 4/4 roll on Elien, but should he missed once, I would have a kill shot.
    Anyway, maybe put Khan Queso instead of Naan, but it's almost 50/50 between them.
    Last edited by Vitoy; 06-01-2019 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitoy View Post
    You've done a good job, SE is bad. Luis won thanks to 4/4 roll on Elien, but should he missed once, I would have a kill shot.
    Anyway, maybe put Khan Queso instead of Naan, but it's almost 50/50
    My deck was bad though. SO is to strong for a tourney like this. I was affraid to pick Krusk for it, but now i feel, that deck full of scavengers and bombers would be quite ugly to play.
    I also belive, that we miss commandercool on this one, he's got a mind full of crazy-smart ideas.

I won against lcanala and Vitoy, and lost against Nadhir. GGs.

Now things get a bit complicated with 3-way ties for lcanle(SE), Nadhir(FK) and me(SO). According to original plan, all three players will advance to the final round. Regarding the decks, PE will advance along with FK and SO. SE is out because it beat both FK and SO in the first round.

For the final round, since there are 3 players/decks, I suggest we change the format slightly. Each player will play two decks instead of one. And we each play two games against another with pre-determined MU so every deck will be played against another two times, just like the players. Deck assignment is as below (this time there is no randomization because lcanela can't play FK and I can't play PE, so Nadhir gets to play/suffer from them again ):

lcanela: PE, SO
    Nadhir: FK, PE
    snalgo: SO, FK

Below are the pre-determined matches. First player send invites to the second player.

lcanela(PE) vs Nadhir 99(FK)
    lcanela(SO) vs snalgo (FK)

Nadhir 99(PE) vs lcanela (SO)
    Nadhir 99(FK) vs snalgo(SO)

snalgo(SO) vs lcanela(PE)
    snalgo(FK) vs Nadhir 99 (PE)
    I never played ret but repeated SO and PE was this your intention?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast