Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Worst Deck App Tournament

snalg is offline Three-Time SW App Champion Fall 2013, Winter 2015, & Spring 2015

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    I never played ret but repeated SO and PE was this your intention?
    Yes that was intentional. Because you created the FK deck, you won't be playing it, as you want the deck to lose the most. Similarly I won't be playing the PE deck which I created.

snalg is offline Three-Time SW App Champion Fall 2013, Winter 2015, & Spring 2015

I went 3-1 for the final round.

FK win vs lcanela(SO)
    SO win vs lcanela(PE)
    SO win vs Nadhir 99(FK)
    FK lose vs Nadhir 99(PE)

Overall I think SO is the best deck of the three. I would say FK maybe slightly better than PE, but Nadhir would probably be a better judge of that.

At the moment I'm 2-1, the last game vs Lcanela is in progress however, it would (probably) be better to achieve a final result of 2-2 than 3-1, just to avoid another tie
    Anyway, the tourney was great, much better than expected. Regarding the power of the factions, here's my private ranking (from best to worst).
    1. JE
    2. SO
    3. VG
    4. SE
    5. CG
    6. FK
    7. PE
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

I enjoyed playing in this tourney, it was fun to try something different. I'd definitely want to try it again.

In terms of feedback, if doing a tourney like this again, I'd definitely suggest no mercs at all be added to the decks. Too many players threw in Stonecloaks and Naan Nashi.

A special rule should be used for FL - you can only have max 12 commons, just like the base deck.

It also seems to me that we'd see the same factions over and over. so here's an idea. If we only have 8 players, each player submits not one, but two factions (especially if we can only get 8 tourney participants). Then every faction will be played.

the question was raised about bidding or voting on factions. Here's one method:

1. Each player submits a list ranking the submissions.
    2. Once the faction ranking is compiled, it is broken into pairs. First place is paired with last place, second place with second last, and so on.
    3. players claim their desired pair, one at a time. The drafting order is either randomly assigned, or determined by tourney participants through vote.

I should also note that this could work for both a weakest faction tourney OR a strongest faction tourney.

Thanks for the feedback. I think doing paired factions is a good idea. Though having everyone submit a list maybe a bit too much work. Maybe I will just dictate the faction pairs like Nadhir did for his tourney series. I may need to play some more games to get a feeling of the general ranking though. Is anyone interested in playing poo-decks with me?

Ok. I can confirm 2-2. In the last game: me (FK) vs Luis (PE) i just whiffed too many times. I can't even remember how often i rolled 0/2 and 0/1. It took me a couple of turns to kill 1hp Holeas. I had a last chance at the end but Elut went 2/4 on 3hp Elien. GG!
    Great tourney. Usual suspects took 1st and 2nd place
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

Quote Originally Posted by snalg View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think doing paired factions is a good idea. Though having everyone submit a list maybe a bit too much work. Maybe I will just dictate the faction pairs like Nadhir did for his tourney series. I may need to play some more games to get a feeling of the general ranking though. Is anyone interested in playing poo-decks with me?
    you bet, just let me know or send me an invo. If you want specific MUs you can post or message me.

Tourney has ended!

Final results:
    players
    1st: snalgo: 3-1
    2nd: Nadhir 99: 2-2
    3rd: lcanela: 1-3

decks
    1st: FK(submitted by lcanela): 1-3
    2nd: SO(submitted by vitoy): 2-2
    3rd: PE(submitted by snalgo): 3-1

Congrats to lcanela for creating the worst deck!

Thanks for organizing!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345