Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Tournament.

Ithamar Conkey will take #1

Manzi14 will take #4

Great. We've already got 9 players. So far, team #4 is the most popular choice.
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

Number three please, Robert.

So no merc commons- only a few merc champs?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_AU View Post
    Number three please, Robert.

So no merc commons- only a few merc champs?
    Exactly. These champions are important for interesting and non-toxic decks like Mal in CL, Sairook in FL, Khan in BD. That's why they're here.
    App. mages, stone golems etc. generate problems

This sounds like fun. team #3. Sorry for being the odd man out at #11. No hard feelings if you can't fit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Srzednicki View Post
    Exactly. These champions are important for interesting and non-toxic decks like Mal in CL, Sairook in FL, Khan in BD. That's why they're here.
    App. mages, stone golems etc. generate problems
    I am glad that someone heard my cries about the value of Mal with CL. As you may know, I also consider Mundol + AMs fair game in CL, but no worries.

I ALSO like using Grubs in CL, as well as Grubs in CG. I don't think either are toxic for the record.

Grubs has two tricks I use in CL:

1. you can hide your expensive sniper while Vlox copies, then cover Vlox with Grubs.
    2. you can use Scam to give Vlox extra movement. Although expensive, this can allow for a 7 dice attack with all three on a single target and you can cover Vlox right up at the end of the turn.

In CG, I find Grubs and Sneeks ability works really well together. Just having the ability to trade places with another unit allows Grubs to move away from Sneeks and attack, or it allows Sneeks to move away from Grubs and attack, and of course recover.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdebruys83 View Post
    I am glad that someone heard my cries about the value of Mal with CL. As you may know, I also consider Mundol + AMs fair game in CL, but no worries.

I ALSO like using Grubs in CL, as well as Grubs in CG. I don't think either are toxic for the record.

Grubs has two tricks I use in CL:

1. you can hide your expensive sniper while Vlox copies, then cover Vlox with Grubs.
    2. you can use Scam to give Vlox extra movement. Although expensive, this can allow for a 7 dice attack with all three on a single target and you can cover Vlox right up at the end of the turn.

In CG, I find Grubs and Sneeks ability works really well together. Just having the ability to trade places with another unit allows Grubs to move away from Sneeks and attack, or it allows Sneeks to move away from Grubs and attack, and of course recover.

Food for thought.
    Of course, You are in. There is a lot of time left. The tournament starts on monday 25th February. The more players - the better. Regarding Grubs, yes he is good (especially in VG IMO) but not so popular. That's why he is not included. Maybe next time

One week to go!

Robert, I'll be an alternate if one more player helps fill out the draw. If it makes a more challenging number I'll sit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nburghardt View Post
    Robert, I'll be an alternate if one more player helps fill out the draw. If it makes a more challenging number I'll sit out.
    I'll use "challonge" double elimination bracket module and "challonge" AI will lead me through the tourney. So, don't worry about even/odd numbers of players. I mean, you can join in if you want to

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast