Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdebruys83 View Post
    Nadhir you deserve a better contest than that one on MV v JE. I can't believe I slept on a Miti charge, you couldn't help but telegraph it. I even set the wall up to prevent an archer with CoG to come around the side of my walls lol.

I suppose it's like Mike Tyson says - "everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the face."
    I won the match vs Rdebruys83. Ggs! Put simply - i have never seen worse dice than yours in our tournament games. Especially as SG and also as CL (12? dice on Baldar and he remained alive) . For me, this tourney is a big comeback of JE. That's one of my favourite factions. As far as I remember i've never won a tournament using JE (although i took a second place twice). So far, Abua is undefeated, so... who knows Regarding Your post - Yes, that last attack was easy to predict. I have a lot of luck because Your situation was better and one more champ on the battlefield would probably block my assassination attempts.
    As to BD vs SG (bad MU for Tac) - IMO i played very well. It turned out that i needed 13 dice on Krusk but Your dice were just horrible. After that 0/2 on my controller i knew the game was mine.
    GD vs CL is always tough for Vlox (even for heavy Vlox with Admiral + Mal) however, in this case, immortal Baldar just went to Vlox and killed him in three turns Anyway, thanks for the games and participation in the tourney!
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Srzednicki View Post
    I won the match vs Rdebruys83. Ggs! Put simply - i have never seen worse dice than yours in our tournament games. Especially as SG and also as CL (12? dice on Baldar and he remained alive) . For me, this tourney is a big comeback of JE. That's one of my favourite factions. As far as I remember i've never won a tournament using JE (although i took a second place twice). So far, Abua is undefeated, so... who knows Regarding Your post - Yes, that last attack was easy to predict. I have a lot of luck because Your situation was better and one more champ on the battlefield would probably block my assassination attempts.
    As to BD vs SG (bad MU for Tac) - IMO i played very well. It turned out that i needed 13 dice on Krusk but Your dice were just horrible. After that 0/2 on my controller i knew the game was mine.
    GD vs CL is always tough for Vlox (even for heavy Vlox with Admiral + Mal) however, in this case, immortal Baldar just went to Vlox and killed him in three turns Anyway, thanks for the games and participation in the tourney!
    Thanks for your comments, and thanks for having me, I was truly excited to play.

I feel like I beat myself on SG v BD (in addition to MV v JE). I didn't manage my deck properly, and quite frankly, I also tactically failed that MU.

With CL v GD, I don't have any outward criticisms of my game. The forward placing wall ultimately costed me the wall itself and 3 commons when you Gror-bombed it, but you exhausted several Defenders trying to hold the midfield early on, and I was able to keep Gror firmly on the periphery (and waste a HF), which is about the best you can do with Gror.

Charging Baldar in was bold - had I been able to settle Baldar quickly, I could have countered Gror and the game might have been different.

I would have hoped to prove that the heavy deckbuild was effective in principle against GD, even though I likely would have built my deck a little different if I knew the MU ahead of time.

As always, I appreciate the challenge playing against you, and I look forward to future games.

CG vs SG: Boy, those Cave Goblins in the right hands are unstoppable! LPAG descended them upon me, now Uncle Europe prove them merciless. He just sent Mook downstairs, and supported him with cannon fodder powered with well placed events and bang! I got 5 wounds on Krusk in one round and only one chance to stop them. I failed. After this tournament i can feel that Sneeks is underrated in those rankings/tiers.

Fl vs MV: I was able to get 2/2 on Dema with a Warrior powered with Greater Command. After that I feel like Dema went wrong way. Should he hide behind the wall, he could save himself, insted he went to the empty corner, where I could crowd him effectively and stab him to death. I felt that there was something wrong with his draw, as he couldn't summon any real killer mutant on board to stop Sunny.

SO vs Mr: lovely MU, as Rallul could destroy about 4-5 Vine Walls with his ability. Poor dice rolls on my Stone Golems helped me to push the enemy away from Rallul's range, and provided control over midboard. The game ended with a magic pulse attack, but I almost burnt my last channel summon card which i had to use, to summon and destroy vine wall due to Vine Guard played on that turn. Almost forgot about it, because, well i'm drinking tonight
    Anyway, thanks Uncle Europe for almost defeating me and thanks to dice gods for being quite fair overall.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Vitoy; 03-23-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Sneeks is a beast. (And heavily underrated because he has a few bad matchups)

Dema probably should have hid behind the wall, I just had a whole bunch of units back there and didn’t want to use up all my moves on it. So I banked on drawing a wall and didn’t. Took a risk and got bit it for it, you played well.

As for that SO/MR match... that one is always a joy to play. I knew I eventually would eat a magic pulse, I just had to try and manipulate it to be on a turn with me having vine protection. Didn’t matter, you outplayed my shenanigans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess that’s it for me, thanks for setting up the tourney, I should play this game more than I do.
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

OK. So, four players remained in the tourney. The table is updated. "Me vs Vitoy" is the next match.
    Regarding Sneeks - he is good in the right circumstances. 1. You have to have good draw (basically throughout the entire game). An early hand with (e.g) GI, 3xGHA and Mook will probably ruin your flow. 2. Sneeks has a lot of broken MUs like (PE vs CG, TO vs CG etc.).

I won the match vs Vitoy. Ggs! The games were very intense and my dice were very good. MUs were as follows :
    MR vs JE WIN
    MV vs BD WIN
    SG vs GD LOSS

Two games left. The first one is the "small final" with a good, old classic match - me vs Snalgo. Invites sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Srzednicki View Post
    I won the match vs Vitoy. Ggs! The games were very intense and my dice were very good. MUs were as follows :
    MR vs JE WIN
    MV vs BD WIN
    SG vs GD LOSS

Two games left. The first one is the "small final" with a good, old classic match - me vs Snalgo. Invites sent!
    This should be televised!!

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    This should be televised!!
    agreed! has anyone ever tried capturing short app games on video???
    App username: Let's play a game!

Apple devices have a “screen record” function, but simply screenshotting every thing that happens would be easier. Showing video of the screen not changing for 5 mins while the player thinks isn't great tv.

I lost the match vs Snalgo. I played quite well during the first few turns and then started to make positional mistakes, started to play too risky etc. Maybe I'm just tired after all these tournament games
    My dice were not that great this time. Thorkur with double HF went 3/7 on Krusk. Also, I had a chance to kill 3hp Rallul with boosted Mind Witch (acting as a App Mage + Sorgwen) pushed by Controller to the position, but went... 1/6 . However, the combo was very nice, i must say. Fortune favours better, i guess. SG vs GD match is still is progress but it will not change anything. Ggs!

So, there is the final! LPAG vs Snalgo. Good luck!

Regarding video recording - i tried once but there was too much hassle. You have to record each turn (it's doable) and then combine the turns into one big file using video editor.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast