Thread: Looking into buying the app game, anything I need to know...?

Default Looking into buying the app game, anything I need to know...?

Hi everyone, looking into getting the app game.

What should I need to know? Like pricing and such? Is there any new update in the future or is this game now dead...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauam View Post
    Hi everyone, looking into getting the app game.

What should I need to know? Like pricing and such? Is there any new update in the future or is this game now dead...?
    Hi, I play a lot, in fact there is a tournament going on right now.

Dead? Not for me, but, nobody knows if they will release any other faction... we all hope so but do not have high hopes.

If you join, add me. My user is LCANELA.

Also, we have a Facebook group to share strategies and so on.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SWVassal/?ref=share

Cheers.

snalg is offline Three-Time SW App Champion Fall 2013, Winter 2015, & Spring 2015

You can download the app for free and play with prince Elien. If you like it, you can get the remaining 1st summoners plus reinforcements for about 10 dollars, though some mercs are missing (e.g. demon hands). There have been some indications that the first batch of second summoners will be implemented, but after playdek imploded from an unsung calamity I doubt we will see any updates any time soon if at all. At least the server is still live.

The app comes with an AI opponent to play solo, but the AI is very bad and I think it gets boring very quickly if you only plan on playing this way. The most you will get is probably from playing online games. There are not as many players as there used to be, but I can usually get someone to join a game within a day or two. One problem though is that here is no chat function built in the app, so that is why this forum has become one of the places to discuss or arrange games. Another place is the FB page as lcanela mentioned above.

Lol thanks guy, I just purchased a few decks on the app.
    I usualy only play default deck though, I find theres charm to not mess with reinforcements and such. Less is more some time I guess...

Anyways add me, KevOne

playing the AI will actually make you a worse player.

Lol thanks guy, I just purchased a few decks on the app.
    I usualy only play default deck though, I find theres charm to not mess with reinforcements and such. Less is more some time I guess...

Anyways add me, KevOne
    One thing that will help with playing against the cpu is just learning and memorizing the cards. Game familiarity will come much more quickly against quick cpu games. Actual strategy in how to use what you have comes with real opponents.

By all means, play the poop out of a deck until you’re ready to try something else. Most of us have played many, many games and would be otherwise bored without being able to customize strategies.

I will give you fore-warning: when you get to swapping in a few different cards into your usual deck, don’t put “Etch” or “rune mages” from the mercenary deck into any other deck. Many of the best players here will quit the game if you summon one of those in a non-merc deck. It is a valid strategy allowed in the rules of the game, but we're all just very tired of it, and there is always a ban on them in tournaments run through here.

Nice.

The game actually plays really smooth, and I suppose 16 summoner is better than less, its adequate for what it is, especially consider all the reinforment and most Merc

I personally don’t really like deck building, so mostly I play default, is there player like myself who plays mostly default?

Nice.

The game actually plays really smooth, and I suppose 16 summoner is better than less, its adequate for what it is, especially consider all the reinforment and most Merc

I personally donít really like deck building, so mostly I play default, is there player like myself who plays mostly default?
    Generally - no, because default decks are just bad (except GD). On the other hand, almost all players use more or less the same deckbuilds so don't worry about too many options. As You probably noticed, champs are much more important than commons so You have to choose Your champs wisely.
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

snalg is offline Three-Time SW App Champion Fall 2013, Winter 2015, & Spring 2015

Nice.

I personally don’t really like deck building, so mostly I play default, is there player like myself who plays mostly default?
    I think there is a general divide between real-life players and app players. Live players play more casual games and probably prefer playing the base deck whereas app players are more competitive and try to build decks with maximum efficiency, often resulting in the use of some strong but boring units like Etch. This becomes a vicious cycle as casual players try the app and either get frustrated by the competitive environment or adapt and become part of it. It would be nice if the app provides rooms to separate the two groups or at least a chat function would have helped to allow space for different philosophies but unfortunately that was not the case.
    If you would like to play default decks I would suggest not playing against random players on the app, but instead arrange games via the forum or FB so both sides play on similar grounds. If you want you can send me (my id is snalgo) invites and I could play default decks against you.

Hi Kevin

Always nice to see an old name reappear on the forum. When I first got into Summoner Wars in 2012 I found a long post you had written on this forum about the Cloaks, and it really got me thinking next level on strategy. So thanks for that.

Cloaks are still my most played faction - I’ll send you an invite as them and you can let me know how much I learned