Thread: Thwarters vs Reavers

Default Thwarters vs Reavers

Hi all, I was wondering what is the reason for a thwarted to cost 1 but a reaper cost 2? I donít think this is just a mistake, there must be a reason for doing this right?

Both are 2 lives, 1AV and both have a positive ability, I personally think the ability from thwarters is way better than the reaver one, but still the reaver is much more expensive.

I would think it is done because ret can summon them at a cost of 1ish when usin events and abilities, but it still does not make sense to me such a difference in price.

Just sharing thoughts...

Hello.

For me it's just a mistake.
    Thwarters are OP and Reavers are not.

There is no link with summoner's event as several summoners (not only Ret) may use Reavers.
    Last edited by Batou31; 01-13-2019 at 05:59 PM.

snalg is offline Three-Time SW App Champion Fall 2013, Winter 2015, & Spring 2015

I think the reaver part was discussed in one of the phg podcasts. Early on the design team was a bit too cautious about units that can have crazy outcome when blessed with a chain of good dice (i.e. TO fighters and FK reavers), as a result these units were over-nerfed. The assassination-type summoners (Vlox, Abua) were another example of over-nerfing during that time. Also Ret's common units are by design (also mentioned in one of the podcasts) slightly over-costed to compensate for Ret's ability essentially giving them 1-cost discount.
    Last edited by snalg; 01-13-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snalg View Post
    I think the reaver part was discussed in one of the phg podcasts. Early on the design team was a bit too cautious about units that can have crazy outcome when blessed with a chain of good dice (i.e. TO fighters and FK reavers), as a result these units were over-nerfed. The assassination-type summoners (Vlox, Abua) were another example of over-nerfing during that time. Also Ret's common units are by design (also mentioned in one of the podcasts) slightly over-costed to compensate for Ret's ability essentially giving them 1-cost discount.
    Thanks for the info, I was thinking this morning, than Ret needs to use events and abilities to be able to get them in normal price... this explains why he is so week without warlocks.