Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Test League SW

Hello Lcanela.
    Thanks for the organization.
    My comments concern Sundy:

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post

General Rules (break these rules and you forfeit the match):
    1. it is not allowed to target with an attack (nor instead of attack ability) a friendly common unit or wall.
    This rule was frustrating because of brute restrictions

2. In Round one you can only build up to 3 magic. (TO COMPENSATE THAT 1ST PLAYER CANNOT SELF KILL)
    Yes ... not a big deal.
    3. Walls cannot be placed adjacent to any enemy card.
    They should be allowed to be placed at least near a enemy walls
    4. No Mercenaries at all outside of Rallul's deck.
    As they are an offensive faction, MV are originally balanced if their deck can contain mercenaries (RM), otherwise walls are a too good defense against them.

5. Max 1 CUE per turn can be played.
    Not relevant for MV .

Sera: exception - Ignores rule 4. (Even Etch and mage runes allowed)
    Why Sera only?
    Last edited by Batou31; 01-29-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Srzednicki View Post
    Luis, thanks for organizing! Here are my thougths.
    DD and FK were underpowered in this tourney. FK much, much more, of course. "No self killing" rule should be avoided next time. I think that self killing makes the game better. Personally, i don't like this "wall" rule because it's to easy to forget however i see the profit - offensive factions like MV or CG are much more powerful which is nice.
    Ragarding my faction. I took second place which is great but IMO, without Biter, Krusk went from "Tier A" to - at least - "Tier B". The deck is no longer cheap, Krusk has no Cues, not enough fire power and not enough HP. The only one viable strategy is assassination.
    Almost forgot - In this format Drake should be banned. PE are strong enough without Drake.
    I agree that no self killing will be removed next time. regarding Krusk, it is difficult to believe that he is so low compared to others, remember that all other summoners have received some kind of nerf as well + you did very well with krusk in the tourney, I know you are probably the best Krusk player on the app and it helps Krusk, so I would ike to see krusk in different hands to check how powerful he is after the change. Self killing rule also nerfed krusk a little, but if this is removed, I think all the tricks from krusk would keep him still very competitive. lets keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Batou31 View Post
    Hello Lcanela.
    Thanks for the organization.
    My comments concern Sundy:

As they are an offensive faction, MV are originally balanced if their deck can contain mercenaries (RM), otherwise walls are a too good defense against them.

Regarding this, I think most people dislike RM in general and this is why they were banned even from rallul.

Quote Originally Posted by Batou31 View Post

Why Sera only?
    We are trying to reach some balance so that any summoner has even changes to win the league, Sera and Ret are the least powerful so we gave access to Sera only, maybe Ret in future.

In General I think you did a very good job with MV, I think the walls rule helped both MV and CG, lets see if we keep this rule or not as most people tend to forget about it. RM were not necessary for you, and now as we will allow self killing MV will be even better.
    Last edited by lcanela; 01-29-2019 at 06:31 AM.

snalg is offline Three-Time SW App Champion Fall 2013, Winter 2015, & Spring 2015

Regarding this, I think most people dislike RM in general and this is why they were banned even from rallul.
    Etch was banned in Rallul, RMs were not. In fact, I think it is RMs that give Rallul the distinct advantage. While I did not summon many RMs (I ran 3-4 in the deck) during the tournament, IMO having the threat of RMs were enough to force the opponent to take actions that were to their disadvantage.

I loved this format, especially the wall rule. Being an offensive style player, nothing is more annoying than have a threatening board position completely disrupted by a wall. It did make Sneeks feel OP at times. Maybe there’s a happy medium like the wall loses life or costs magic when placed next to opponent cards. Can’t do that on the app, but perhaps in face to face matches.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728