Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: inevitability rule discussion

I dont like draw.

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    I dont like draw.
    Too bad for you. A lot of good game (including SW) may end with a draw.
    Last edited by Batou31; 11-09-2018 at 05:59 AM.

Another sample
    When I play with Sera (depending of deck) I need time to organize my army (several turns).

During the first part of the game I play defensively and if Sera survives, the true battle starts in a second time (when champs are summoned supported by greater healing).

As the inevitability rule forces to attack, Sera is much more vulnerable.
    Suppose that Elien harass with warrior against wall, burn ... , and Sera is forced to attack from the beginning of the game, with an army that is not oriented for fast attack.
    Last edited by Batou31; 11-09-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batou31 View Post
    You want to solve the draw game problematic, but why?
    In chess for example, draw exists.
    If the end of a match is only "Elien" vs "Elien" and no one has any card to play i would rather declare a draw.

In this case, the inevitability rule gives victory to the player who has killed the last enemy unit... why /why not?

The inevitability rules creates new axis of winning that can be used easely.
    First consequence, it gives more importance to walls and encourage to play them in the second or fisrt row, because in case of "draw position" the winner will be the one having the most HP in wall + Summoner. I don't know if it's a good idea.

It changes the game deeply.

Why don't you accept draw?
    The Main Problem Starts when both players think that doing the next progression will be a disadvantage for them. So If both eleins in Turn 2 did kill all their units and wait for Magic drain WE need to call a Draw at Turn 3-5 ?

I don't get your Seconds raw Wall argument? You do get the Wall damage only If you don't Attack ANY enemy card. If you place your Wall Back and don't Attack an enemy card you don't have any Advantage of doing so. If you dont do anything i can wait for both players accumulating damage on their Walls or summon a 1/1 r unit to force you to summon a unit against IT or accumulating damage on your Walls only. Hiding your Walls will Not help if you also don't Attack the opponents cards and once you do you will present Targets for the opponent to avoid Wall damage or Spent resources/reduce Deck count which is also Progression/Not infinitivly repeatable

Eleins vs elein lategame - Not the one who Kills the Last unit wins, the one that applied the Most wounds on the enemy Walls+ summoner during the Game wins.

My example is Elien VS Elien are alone in the battlefield and no one has any card to play (all cards are in discard pile).

Regarding wall.:
    Currently if I can I don't play walls.
    With inevitability rule, I will play all my wall to win time.
    Last edited by Batou31; 11-09-2018 at 06:55 AM.

My example is Elien VS Elien are alone in the battlefield and no one has any card to play (all cards are in discard pile).

Regarding wall.:
    Currently if I can I don't play walls.
    With inevitability rule, I will play all my wall to win time.
    And how did this Happen? One Player Just have done a serious mistake to have this Situation ... You kill opponents wall and kill your own unit OR position elein behind to retaliate. Your Example would have Bad Play ahead.

WE Player 60+ gAmes with it and i often did Play only 2 Walls or even one. If you try to avoid Fights i will Just Ping on your Wall an der the clock fast. Once you have more wounds on your Wall you know you can't wait ans next Time you MUST innitiate. Again WE Player many many games and my Experimence is rather positive even so i was against it at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    And how did this Happen? One Player Just have done a serious mistake to have this Situation ... You kill opponents wall and kill your own unit OR position elein behind to retaliate. Your Example would have Bad Play ahead
    How this happens is not the purpose. At the end of the game one Elien kills the last unit and you have such a situation.
    Mistakes are authorized in game.
    I use this example to illustrate the "most obvious draw position".

The inevitability rule creates a new function for walls: they are now also a "non offensive turn storage".
    It impacts the whole game by creating new strategy (it forces to attack systematically) and by changing accordingly summoner balance (advantage for GD, disadvantage for AV).

That was what I wanted to show with some examples.

Accept "Draw position" has less impact.

As I don't want to be forced to attack systematically (especially when I'm playing Sera, Tundle or Dema), this rule doesn't suit me.
    Last edited by Batou31; 11-09-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Too bad for you. A lot of good game (including SW) may end with a draw.
    Not sure about bad or good as it is subjective... I just shared my opinion.

Cheers!

If the goad of inevitability rule is to avoid draw, I think that the rule should be completed with a condition that doesn't punish defensive game style.

Something like "if( ...) and none of player piles (draw/magic/discard) has changed"(*)

Meaning you didn't attacked immediately and you didn't develop your game (in order to attack later).

The inevitability effect should be applied ONLY if

(*)This condition doesn't totally cover the objective because it doesn't take into account units movements on the battlefield

Globally the inevitability rule should be
    "If a player hasn't performed any actions other than movement (...)"
    Meaning you didn't move any card from piles, throw any dice, place any wound marker.
    Last edited by Batou31; 11-12-2018 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    Not sure about bad or good as it is subjective... I just shared my opinion.

Cheers!
    Thanks for your opinion.

Nobody likes draw. At the end of any game, players can flip a coin to determine the winner.

But, for me, such a rule to avoid draw is worst than accept a draw.
    Last edited by Batou31; 11-09-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12