Thread: Can Jexik choose self?

Default Can Jexik choose self?

If you're playing as Jexik, can you choose yourself?

Ability just refers to "a player," not "another player," not "opponent." I don't see a reason you can't choose yourself. Anyone know whether this was ruled on?

EDIT: Kalal has the same "a player" language and it's ruled you can choose yourself through her ability. Therefore, Jexik CAN choose self. Wow. Why has noone ever talked about this? Jex just got so much better to me. You can do a lot of new tricks AND it makes Concealed Weapons and Heist so much better.
    Last edited by commandercool; 09-03-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Yup, the interaction between his ability and his events was a core part of his design, it also enhances Vanish's capabilities a bit. His ability can be both hit and run, or run and hit.
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    If you're playing as Jexik, can you choose yourself?

Ability just refers to "a player," not "another player," not "opponent." I don't see a reason you can't choose yourself. Anyone know whether this was ruled on?

EDIT: Kalal has the same "a player" language and it's ruled you can choose yourself through her ability. Therefore, Jexik CAN choose self. Wow. Why has noone ever talked about this? Jex just got so much better to me. You can do a lot of new tricks AND it makes Concealed Weapons and Heist so much better.
    Hah, uh oh Commander, I think everyone knew this already. My group was playing Jexik like this right from the very first game with him, years ago. If you thought he was kind of weak, then he just got a whole lot better for you!

Thanks all.

Man! I never knew! Lol. In my own defense, I haven't played Jex very much and have never played. And at least for me it felt wrong for him to be able to choose himself because that timing would be like anything else in SW.

He just shot way up in my estimation of his power. Now, I'd place him at at least a B+ power. He also shot way up in terms of fun--he has potential to be one of my favorite summoners.