Thread: Malenatar verdict?

Default Malenatar verdict?

Anyone have any thoughts? Is he strong? Weak? Middle of the road? Awesome in some matchups and awful in others?

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts? Is he strong? Weak? Middle of the road? Awesome in some matchups and awful in others?
    Extremely strong against opponents who haven't played with/against him a ton and underestimate his main assassination tricks.

Fades to slightly above average against factions with a turtle option that play appropriately safe.

Utterly destroys assassins like Saturos, if they let him play on his side.

Super fun, though. the most important thing. My second most played after Natazga these days.

I find his ability to rush incredible (but terribly cost inefficient), but most summoners seem able to build magic fast to counter it. We found some summoners with a soft starting lineup like Marek to be very vulnerable to his full on rush. I think he’s one of the wave of mid strength rushers like Saturos and Natazga; I find the fun factor high with this group because I like to rush, but none feel OP to me.
    Last edited by Nburghardt; 07-29-2018 at 06:47 AM.

Pretty Meh, Malenatar ability and itself are pretty meh, specially compared to Sunder who has better stats and a better ability. In the event department it also falls below selundar. He depends on doing some combo tricks, but once the opponent understands them he is just a nerfed sunder.
    He is a very fun summoner though. Though his ability to ignore "movement" rules is dangerous for the game. He feels an inch away of eliminating an interesting aspect of the game (the movement limitation)

Is it fair to say that Malenatar is actually OP in a good amount of matchups and UP in a bunch of matchups? Or is that an overstatement?

I haven’t played Malenatar enough but other than Onslaught + Storm mage I find his events weak

Probably way more UP match ups than OP. I think the low health summoners are the only ones vulnerable. Even then, if you rush him in too to help sustain the rush, the board will favor the opponent helping even the odds.

Got it, thanks for the insights everyone!