Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reversing Bad Rulings

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    With Gror/Violet + Sluggish, the thing is, intuitively, all the affected Units should just take the 2+ wounds. That's the most intuitive ruling. The problem is clearly how strong that is. It's probably fine with Violet, but it's clearly not with Gror bomb.

BTW, what is the ruling on how Gror interacts with SLUGGISH units?

@jwalker. I don't see the problem with saying SM Mercenaries can move through units on Vine Walls. The distinction between SM Mercenaries and Satara and Trample Units is that SM Mercenaries can't get stuck on VWs and therefore can't get stuck on top of the unit they're trying to move through.

I agree FLIGHT Units (units that can move through "cards") intuitively should be able to move through VWs as long as there's no Unit on that VW. I'm not sure whether this creates a problem, though: how do you say FLIGHT Units get to move through VW but not VW with Units on it? If you say FLIGHT Units can move through VWs, and we already know that they can move through Units, that sounds a lot like the SM Swordsman formula = move through VW + move through Units = can move through units on top of VWs.
    No my point is that flight should allow to move over VW savely and also allow to move over VW + unit

What do you guys intuitively, thematically see going on with Whirling Blade and Marked Target?

1. Whirling Blade:
    (a) Violet is aiming for one creature, but the blade whirls around across so much space that people get hurt in the crossfire?
    (b) Violet throws a sweet trick shot that bounces of up to 3 (without Far Shot) things she sees?

2. Marked Target
    (a) Rage at the hated opponent ups the power of your swing, amount of magical energy you channel, etc.
    (b) Identifying the opponents weakness lets you strike at a place that does more damage?

Thematically, 1a suggests that a non-adjacent Javelineer would still be hurt, while 1b doesn't (she can't see it). 1b is also strange in that she can't choose to avoid friendly units, which seems absolutely essential from the gameplay side. Yet 1a may have some strange thematic implications as well, perhaps with Runt.

2a suggests that everyone in Violet's path gets blasted with 3 dice. 2b that only the main target would take the third die.

Quote Originally Posted by gojaejin View Post
    What do you guys intuitively, thematically see going on with Whirling Blade and Marked Target?

1. Whirling Blade:
    (a) Violet is aiming for one creature, but the blade whirls around across so much space that people get hurt in the crossfire?
    (b) Violet throws a sweet trick shot that bounces of up to 3 (without Far Shot) things she sees?

2. Marked Target
    (a) Rage at the hated opponent ups the power of your swing, amount of magical energy you channel, etc.
    (b) Identifying the opponents weakness lets you strike at a place that does more damage?

Thematically, 1a suggests that a non-adjacent Javelineer would still be hurt, while 1b doesn't (she can't see it). 1b is also strange in that she can't choose to avoid friendly units, which seems absolutely essential from the gameplay side. Yet 1a may have some strange thematic implications as well, perhaps with Runt.

2a suggests that everyone in Violet's path gets blasted with 3 dice. 2b that only the main target would take the third die.
    I bolded which of the options is closer to how I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    No my point is that flight should allow to move over VW savely and also allow to move over VW + unit
    Ah ok. So we actually agree that probably Flight should let unit move through VW and VWs with Units on them.

Sera- economy, def, assasin
    Bolvi- control, push
    Oldin- def, economy, counter
    Elien- def, economy, counter
    I Elien- counter, control, push
    Maldaria- def, control, push
    Farrah- depend on build
    Warden- depend on build
    Vlox- def, economy, counter, assassin
    Jexik- def, assasin, control
    Shiva- def, control
    Taculu- def, economy, counter