Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beginner tips for beating RMs and Etch

Ok ok, I think we're at 10 games. I think that we proved if you are a better player it doesn't matter if etch is used or not. Thanks for indulging me on that. You have to admit though, RMs were a bigger impact in our games than etch. And I think we also proved that I am the wrong player to test etch/RM - busting strategies against Waterd, who is undeniably one of the toughest opponents, if not the toughest opponent on the app.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Rdebruys83; 07-05-2018 at 11:36 PM.

I agree for your style of play, i would not even pack etch, and instead i would pack rune mages. The problem is that being aggressive is not a great strategy most of the time, and that's the power of etch, force people to play agressive.
    Fwiw your not the first to try this over the years, including tournament winners, and getting similar results.
    I also agree that our level difference is a little too high for this, and I would probably win more often than not regardless of etch or rune mages. But the point is that many veterans that play very well have thousands of games on their belt and agree on this..is for a reason.
    It's always possible that we are all wrong, but so far we have mountains of evidence to prove on this particular case we are not.

With that said I highly value your attitude to not only theorycraft but try it against veteran players. Thx for it.
    If you want to try this or anything else or just play against me, im always open to it, just PM or post the rules we are playing under.
    Last edited by Waterd; 07-06-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Yeah, Rdebruys, the point is that Etch is OP because he does something that's useful every single turn on the already superior strategy. It's mostly not him that's broken; it's that strategy.

Waterd's variant of rewarding wall attacks with magic addresses the problem directly, although I personally think that giving the magic only on a no-miss attack is a better idea, to somewhat encourage the use of 1-die commons and champs.

Quote Originally Posted by gojaejin View Post
    Yeah, Rdebruys, the point is that Etch is OP because he does something that's useful every single turn on the already superior strategy. It's mostly not him that's broken; it's that strategy.
    I agree. Action starting summoners are the strongest in the app. And those that have stronger action starters than opponent typically win.

Types of action starting ranked from strongest to weakest: (1) magic engine; (2) strong ranged unit/hit and run; (3) melee Wall pressure

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345