Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginner tips for beating RMs and Etch

@Waterd

When I get the chance, I will invite you to some games where I will be assuming you have Etch (and RMs). I'm interested to see how you use Etch, if you don't mind being a guinea pig. I do think that you have a better grasp of the game's fundamentals than I do, which may skew the results, but I will give it my best shot and I look forward to seeing Etch in action!

There’s not much strategy to Etch...use him as an action starter and magic engine, that’s all

I actually just played a match against etch with benders. Using sorgwen and mind witches makes me have 2-3 etch’s, and my odds of winning are quite high against him.

That's hilarious

Ok invite me whenever you want you can tell me what summoners do you want me to play. Preferable a summoner with hero is born or abua.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithamar Conkey View Post
    I actually just played a match against etch with benders. Using sorgwen and mind witches makes me have 2-3 etchÂ’s, and my odds of winning are quite high against him.
    I have a feeling Waaterd would park Etch in the back row, along with his summoner.

And if you place a wall on your front row for first-turn Witch activation, you're entering the prime RM danger zone.

Great - good, old topic is back
    Generally, i agree with Waterd but this whole "Etch issue" is a little bit more complicated.
    Here is my short analysis.
    1. Etch is extremely overpowered and undercosted card. For 4 mana he is very good 2av range and 4 life "smaller" champ, easy to summon and - probably - You can summon two other champs as well when You using Etch (something similar to eg. Khan Queso in JE ). PLUS he has absurdly insane ability.
    2. Etch promotes a boring, defensive game. That is why i hate him.
    3. Etch can be used to create very bad, toxic decks like BD (Etch+Sorgwen+3rd champ+Stone Golems etc.) or TO (Etch+Krung+rukar+expensive commons).
    4. However, the strength of etch depends greatly on MU.
    - Etch - for obvious reasons - is not that good vs factions with "mana machine" like DD, FL and MR (with Etch)
    - Oldin has tools to compensate for etch strength because of wall destruction
    - Elien can use combo GB+B+B or GB+B+Fire Drake "breath through the wall" etc. to kill Etch quite easily in one turn
    - Grognack can block Etch by freezing him
    - Tacullu can copy Etch (unfortunately, that's not easy) using Mind Witch
    - Assassination or aggro factions like JE, CL, CG, SE or even MV can not worry about Etch because with Etch or not they have to have a "flow" (good draw, good dice, fast game) and they lose or win regardless of the presence of etch
    - Mugg is not bad vs Etch - as someone mentioned earlier
    - Krusk has a cheap deck so he can be quite good too
    - FK nad VG are bad vs Etch but these are the weakest factions on the app.
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Srzednicki View Post
    Great - good, old topic is back
    Generally, i agree with Waterd but this whole "Etch issue" is a little bit more complicated.
    Here is my short analysis.
    1. Etch is extremely overpowered and undercosted card. For 4 mana he is very good 2av range and 4 life "smaller" champ, easy to summon and - probably - You can summon two other champs as well when You using Etch (something similar to eg. Khan Queso in JE ). PLUS he has absurdly insane ability.
    2. Etch promotes a boring, defensive game. That is why i hate him.
    3. Etch can be used to create very bad, toxic decks like BD (Etch+Sorgwen+3rd champ+Stone Golems etc.) or TO (Etch+Krung+rukar+expensive commons).
    4. However, the strength of etch depends greatly on MU.
    - Etch - for obvious reasons - is not that good vs factions with "mana machine" like DD, FL and MR (with Etch)
    - Oldin has tools to compensate for etch strength because of wall destruction
    - Elien can use combo GB+B+B or GB+B+Fire Drake "breath through the wall" etc. to kill Etch quite easily in one turn
    - Grognack can block Etch by freezing him
    - Tacullu can copy Etch (unfortunately, that's not easy) using Mind Witch
    - Assassination or aggro factions like JE, CL, CG, SE or even MV can not worry about Etch because with Etch or not they have to have a "flow" (good draw, good dice, fast game) and they lose or win regardless of the presence of etch
    - Mugg is not bad vs Etch - as someone mentioned earlier
    - Krusk has a cheap deck so he can be quite good too
    - FK nad VG are bad vs Etch but these are the weakest factions on the app.
    wow, you covered every faction. I'm very impressed!

well not really, I think Krusk, tacullu and grognack "solutions are" very ....not really solutions. Especially grognack...just unfreeze... Also Etch is still great vs SE, JE and CL. Yes they have to play "aggro" but not THAT FAST.
    It's not that nadhir was disagreeing just that his picture there is not really the full picture.
    I played ellien a lot vs etch and with etch of my own, the story is not that easy , first you have to place walls in a way that you block fire drake, and second while you still have to save all burns vs etch, it often clogs you too much.
    The only thing I agree is that after Filth and Tundle, Oldin is the best "anti etch". but you still want etch.
    Last edited by Waterd; 06-25-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    well not really, I think Krusk, tacullu and grognack "solutions are" very ....not really solutions. Especially grognack...just unfreeze... Also Etch is still great vs SE, JE and CL. Yes they have to play "aggro" but not THAT FAST.
    It's not that nadhir was disagreeing just that his picture there is not really the full picture.
    I played ellien a lot vs etch and with etch of my own, the story is not that easy , first you have to place walls in a way that you block fire drake, and second while you still have to save all burns vs etch, it often clogs you too much.
    The only thing I agree is that after Filth and Tundle, Oldin is the best "anti etch". but you still want etch.
    I agree - that's why i said "Etch is OP and UC" (and untested by playtesters BTW.) Just a broken card. All i wanted to say is that sometimes, sometimes SE or JE are fast enough to assassinate opponent's summoner quickly, and some faction are able to deal with Etch. Unfreeze with Bragg on the board is not that easy, it's likely to collect all needed "precise" events as PE (quite similar to killing Baldar) etc. However, Etch in the hands of experienced player is overpowered as hell.
    Game Center ID: Nadhir 99

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast