Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would alliance summoner need? A (possible) personal project

Default What would alliance summoner need? A (possible) personal project

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this topic, it's not necessarily about a custom creation but more about a discussion on Alliances Suommoner that could (or couldn't) lead to a custom creation. Summoner wars is now considered complete by the authors and so we will never see reinforcement packs for Alliances. I can see that many people don't even feel the need of them because the units of the basic factions that are part of each Alliance give all the deckbuilding oprions you neeed. Maybe too much, in for my personal tastes, that's why I don't deckbuild with them and I treat alliances as their own factions, BUT that turns too many deckbuilding options into no option at all, which is boring and so I end up with eight summoners I rarely use, maybe with the exception of Warden. So I was trying to figure out what each summoner needs in the form of one/two commons and one champion for each Alliace Summoner. That's where I need your opinions, because my experience with these summoners is limited. So, what do you search in other factions/mercenaries when you deckbuild with them? What would complete or make fun these summoners in your opinion?
    Here's my impression on some of them:

Cave filth
    Common: Beefy unit to be whipped
    Champ: ???

Fallen phoenix
    Common: maybe 2/1/2 ranged or a 0/1 with decent ability
    Champ: economic champ (cheap or mana generating like Anica, to help pull out HD)

Sand Cloaks:
    Common: decent blocker, to help against a rush
    Champ: some heavy hitter, to replace Spider, Dinky or Sand Wyrm.

Swamp Mercenaries:
    Common: ???
    Champ: average stat with ability to put people in vine walls (or vine walls on people)

Tundra guild
    Common: ability to help recycle magic
    Champ: heavy hitter
    (can be the opposit: economy champ and hitting common)

For Tundra Guild, how about a unit that can move ice walls or “built” units?

CF: nothing
    FP: nothing. They have 1/1/0 ranged Changling.
    SC: they have Renegade which is good common against rush, Shaman which is a top common, and heavy hitting Dinky, Sand Wyrm, and Biter. The problems are weak economy and poor draw reliability.
    SM: better summoner ability and/or statline and/or better events. Champs are not problem: SM have great commons and champs.
    TG: they have Rune Smith that recycles Runes, so they have common that recycles magic. They also have SUPER heavy hitting champs Rukar, Ugg, Gror, Baldar, especially combined with runes. What they need is more surprisability.

CC i think you misinerpret this thread, this is about what each alliance need assuming they have no ACCESS to units outside the current base decks.

CF: Nothing
    FP: Nothing
    VV: Nothing
    SC:Good anti rush commons and champions. Thinks to fill the roll of Bitter, Sand Wyrm, Renegade , etc
    SM: Nothing
    TG: More efficient Stats Champions, Better stats commons.
    JS: Good Melee commons that deal high damage for cheap or that synergyze with its event (Shadow warrior, Hyena, Blade master)
    DB: A new deck? Champs that support its heavy common play. Good though cheap units to stop rushes. (like decievers do)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    CC i think you misinerpret this thread, this is about what each alliance need assuming they have no ACCESS to units outside the current base decks.
    Yes, this is precisely what I ment.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    CF: Nothing
    FP: Nothing
    VV: Nothing
    SC:Good anti rush commons and champions. Thinks to fill the roll of Bitter, Sand Wyrm, Renegade , etc
    SM: Nothing
    TG: More efficient Stats Champions, Better stats commons.
    JS: Good Melee commons that deal high damage for cheap or that synergyze with its event (Shadow warrior, Hyena, Blade master)
    DB: A new deck? Champs that support its heavy common play. Good though cheap units to stop rushes. (like decievers do)
    Ok, it's interesting. I will probably do something for the factions that don't need anything, just for the sake of variety, but I can see everyone seems to agree that SC, TG, JS and DB are the ones who need more attention.
    For JS and SC the way to go is quite clear, DB are more difficult to figure out. Decks posted in this forum are very different, and none seems particularily convincing that a direction is inherently better than another.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    What they need is more surprisability
    This thing about TG you said is interesting CC, could you elaborate a little? You mean they are too predictable?

Hogar is extraordinarily predictable.

Assuming unbuilt, his economy is also weak and his units are bad.

You can help economy by changing Rune Runes so they can’t be removed. That also helps IG. You can also give Hogar 3AV.

But IG remains a tech unit and you need a damage common. For that I’d make Marauder a 1/2/1 thatgets +1AV and Range with a rune.

For surprise, I’d make Avalanche more playable, removing magic cost. Runes not being removable also helps shackling and nullification which improves surprise to maybe an acceptable level.

After all this, Hogar should be fine.

For champs, I’d make Raldag 3AV or give him bow symbol.

He doesn't want to errata or change cards. He just wants to add reinforcements.

Ah ok.

A 2AV Common with ability: when this destroys a Unit place a Rune from Discard into hand.
    A ranged champ: if this Unit is adjacent to wall, this Unit and Units you control adjacent to this Unit add 1 to AV

SC: give Scholar 3 life and 0 AV (+1 if event ability under them), so they can be a bit of rush defense, not magic fodder for opponent, and have a bit more reason to sometimes have events stored on themselves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast