Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Avan-The card changes

Finally my Avan project is mutating into project SW 2.0. If interested here is my link to BGG about it. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/208...20-fan-project

I ll be following this closely. Good luck!

Have you got already the set of rules for this project? If so, could you please share? I will teach a friend soon and I might use this set to test the changes.

Cheers!

PS: is there any plan for Farrah? Are you planning to have a base deck for her also?
    Last edited by lcanela; 11-11-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Have you considered to add more walls to the decks to avoid the issue of not getting walls on time? Especially if you will use a rule similar to magic walls it makes sense as you dont want to have many walls on the board at the same time.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/30412601#30412601

As your request, I posted the rules on the thread. I will soon post the blog post explaining the reason, and also some small variants of those rules that may change.
    Mostly the initial starting rules may differ a little to provide more balance between the starting player and the second player, There is an alternative rule that I like more and i'm trying out but is a little more complex, and that is pushing it back. So this is the most likely starting game rule to be final , but here is a slightly different one that may end as the final one. I'm gonna talk more about it on my blog post.

The other rule that MAY change (but unlikely), is what destroying units go to your magic pile, so far the one posted is the most likely, but it's possible that only units destroyed by friendly attacks (instead of friendly wound markers) go to the discard pile.

Other than that I seriously doubt there will be any mayor functional changes.

Notice though these new rules are Incompatible with some cards. Blarf is now stronger than intended, for example. Mutations are also stronger than intended, etc. I will deal with all these issues when I deal with these specific decks.

On the wall question: I've considered adding cards in general, if it were my call decks would have 3-6 more cards. But that has a lot of problems, and I don't think the cost is worth the payoff. Basicallly, specifically for alliances (The most important block of decks for this project) I would just have to create new content. Even walls would require any player to "get" more cards. Even i would have troubles witih that in my way to play the proxies as i use in some cases clear sleeves with proxies. Where i'm going to get for example for eldritch another 3-6 cards or even one with the same back to place my proxy?.

While I will try eventually to get a way to print professional cards, I do not promise i will succeed, and even if i do, I do not expect everyone to go for that option, not even in my group. The options to "implement" the new cards, demand I do not add cards to the decks.

Next time if you want faster response, plz post in teh BGG forums, I check that every day, unlike here where i check every 3-4 days.

PS: is there any plan for Farrah? Are you planning to have a base deck for her also?
    Yes, Farrah will be it's own playable deck.
    Last edited by Waterd; 11-12-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345