Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Avan-The card changes

Testing a little this weekend the new Magic walls rules, I just realize i really miss the extra magic from magic walls. The new ones make the games violent as i like them, but the magic is rarely seen as summoner ferviently/correctly defend their walls to not give the opponent the bonus, so most games don't see the extra magic in play.
    I could make this long but i want a way to add 5-7 magic per game/per side to the game. Brainstorming ideas.

Ideally I would give players 1 magic every 3 turns as games tend to last 12-18 turns, but that seems cumbersome.

You could do once per turn after summoning Common is +1 Magic. Offsets Common Cost
    Brings more magic into game and incentivizes common play and therefore more action

here are some ideas

A)Making people count turns and kill two birds in one shoot, so at turn 21 the game ends, and every 3 turns players get one magic.
    B)At the end of the attack phase if you attack an enemy card you get one magic
    C)Give Tundle Meditate to everyone

Prons and cons of each one:

A) I can accurately determine when the game ends and can add the exact amount of magic i want in the exact times i want, which really makes it a lot more precise. The cons is now people have to track turns which is annoying, however many otehr games do that and it works well. Smallworld, between others, peopel dont seem to have a problem with counting turns.

B) I fear it will be too much magic, Games last aprox 12-18 turns, which means A LOT OF Magic. Way more than what is healthy for the game. But is the simpler more organic system of all.

C) This may be awesome or awfull, I'm not sure how will affect gameplay.
    Last edited by Waterd; 04-25-2018 at 07:58 PM.

D) At the build magic phase if you placed at least one card from your hand into your magic pile, place the top card from the discard pile into your magic pile.
    Last edited by Waterd; 04-25-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Each turn you killed at least a unit you put one card from discard to magic pile.

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    Each turn you killed at least a unit you put one card from discard to magic pile.
    Something like this could be good. Exactly this though, could cause problems for certain summoners, like Sneeks, and could make some commons even more OP, Wraith.

What about place 2(or..?) cards from discard onto magic when you destroy an opponents wall or Champ.

Just makes commons even worse.
    On the wall thing, i already tested that, it doesnt achieves its goal, people just get more protective of walls which is fantastic and because of that im using hte rule, but it barely adds magic to the game if at all., walls rarely get destroyed,if ever.

E) Everytime an attack against an enemy card is a full miss, add the value of all dice, and get that number of karma points. If at end of an attack you ever get over 6 points, get one magic, and reduce your karma points by 6.

I did choose the value of over 6 so you can keep track of the karma points with a 1d6.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    E) Everytime an attack against an enemy card is a full miss, add the value of all dice, and get that number of karma points. If at end of an attack you ever get over 6 points, get one magic, and reduce your karma points by 6.

I did choose the value of over 6 so you can keep track of the karma points with a 1d6.
    I like this idea though I’d suggest just adding one to your die for each 1 or 2 rolled against enemy cards, rather than the sum of full misses. Every poor die roll would be treated more evenly that way.
    Last edited by Nburghardt; 04-27-2018 at 05:55 AM.

Crazy one... at the end of your turn if you have less magic than your opponent, take a card from discard to magic.

Maybe it is boring to keep counting the magic each turn, but it is nice because it punishes turtles who save cards to get super champs... somehow this would encourage people to spend magic so that your magic count is less.

On the same subject... how about something similar for magic drain? Instead of having less units, having less magic, then you still from discard... this is the opposite of what current MD brings to the game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast