Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Avan-The card changes

Lightbulb

Marek sucks. Marek the Unit sucks. Marek setup sucks. Maybe 1/2 of Marek events suck. Marek event design distribution sucks bc she’s so high variance to draw. It would have been ok if she had pairs of similar events (like Marked Target and Thrust as AV boosts)so that even though every event is different you basically had 2x 2x 2x 2x distribution.

Scholars suck. SC Hunters suck. Tinkerer are good.

Barston is below average bc he’s overcosted but has cool ability. Bauble is below average in Marek bc overcosted and can’t be 3AV v all types of units. Or he should have had Scavenger ability. Fink is above average but timing of his ability sucks.

Events Retirbution, Far Shot and Flee and Eacape are either super situational or just plain suck as EAs. The only awesome EAs Marek has are Marked Target and Greater Sneak. One of these bad events could have been lesser Backstab. Another could have been Jexik Vanish, for defensive boost.

Overall Marek deck really lacks both beef and AV.

Hunters should have been 2AV if considered to have any EA. Scholar should have been 0/2/0 bc you don’t use to fight and 1 life means if they’re carrying an EA they’re both easy to kill and suck to have die.
    1 more health.
    Bauble should either have access to an event that makes him 3AV v any Unit, should be 4 Cost, or should have 4 life. Fink ability timing should be movement phase like Marek. Barston should either be 1 less cost or

Why marek isn't at the beginning of the turn?

So that you use Master Teacher to teach an event drawn same turn.

Can you still summon on a Mine the Gems event phase?

Yes, you can, yes we can.
    If you fear that you can just summon miners and get the bonus thats why i stipulated that they can't be adjacent to friendly walls, also i liked that thematically.
    Last edited by Waterd; 04-18-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Yes, you can, yes we can.
    If you fear that you can just summon miners and get the bonus thats why i stipulated that they can't be adjacent to friendly walls, also i liked that thematically.
    Not sure you understood my question.

I know that you can summoner Miners, then play the event...I understood the logic of your restriction.

I'm asking whether you can drop down a new wall, play the event, and ambush-summon from the new place, like you can with Summoning Surge, Join the Horde or Channeled Summon.

Oh no, No longer it does that. I think that is mostly used in tundle to stop rushes Even more and i dont think he needs that. But will see, im gonna test him 6 games vs frick next.

I'm trying to redo Grognack.
    He is one getting a mayor rework, A hero is born and grognack ability may be changed. Reinforcements and freeze are for sure getting changed.
    I want to make fighters usefull, I will do it either with new events or fighter is gonna be one of the commons recieving a change.

i want to make his icewalls a little more usefull than being in the magic pile.

On other notes I'm still undecided if i change commons, if i do, i will Cap my card changes to 200.

The following are the commons in order more likely to receive changes
    Wraith
    Lioness
    Zombie Warrior
    Skeleton archer
    Engineer
    Ranger
    Scout
    TO Fighter
    Priest
    Thwarter
    Phantom
    Beast Rider
    Reaver
    Charger
    Angel
    Harbringer

If i do it though, given the 200 cap, I would have to only choose around 10 commons to change.

Wraith: i feel the may be op and opressive vs many factions, But just in general Im starting to think they are the best common in the game by ....too much.
    Lioness: It's probably one of the worst commons in a base deck and i want to make base decks playable on their own, that's one of my goals. Generally I'm making them playable with changing events and summoenr abilities. But Abua is pretty much perfect as is, so I fear there is no room to change anything except ABUA main ability,which I don't see how I can change in a way that make Lioness suddenly playable, but i hear ideas. Lioness are in fact the number one reason I want to change commons after wraith, if i werent changing lioness and wraiths i probably would give on changing commons.

Zombie warrior/Skeletal archer/Reaver: Fine units, fun units underpowered. Given Ret will change it's two magic drain I may have space to make them playable, but maybe its just simpler to buff the cards.

Engineer: Base deck card that is terrible, enough said. But I have plenty of room in oldin events, who is getting 5 card event changes, to make them ok. I even have some cool ideas, so not too worried. At least they will be usefull vs TO and SO, with these events.

Ranger/Scout: Cool base units that are too weak, however selundar is reciving 5 event change, so plenty of space to buff them.

To Fighter: super terrible common, but Grognack is probably the summoner reciving the biggest change wtih a possible whooping 7 card change, so plenty of space to make them playable.

Priest: Overcosted common, even with sera Holy judgment event. But Sera players still use it (because of holy judgment) and she is reciving a 3 card change, so there is some space too boost them even more

Thwarter: A little Opressive unit vs many factions, however they are not in any base deck, and I will give every faction a tool to deal with them once deckbuilding kicks in, so Im not extremly worried about them, but it's reasonable to nerf them, imo one the top 3 best commons in the game (Along with Harbrginer and Wraith).

Phantom: These pesky ones has been discussed a ton, however not in base decks, can just be banned and be deal with it.

Beast rider: Given not in the base deck Im ok with their non buff, and they are still slightly used, they are not completly unusable thanks to their combinations with clingers. However making them better, given they are such fun units for CG may be worth it. However is hard to justify changing a non base deck common that is reasonable already to play even if as a fringe tech.

Angel: Bot 3 worst commons in the game imo, just unplayable, the only way to make them playable is to buff them, but is not base deck... and give the existence of Warrior angel, it's not even needed to fill any Vanguard role.

Charger: Imo the Number one Worst common in the game, absolute trash, but again, no base deck and not needed for any role.

Harbringer: Extremely oppressive vs commons. I'm ok with some nerf, can I make common dependant summoners to be balanced vs Inmortal ellien? If the answer si no, Harbringer may get the AXE.
    Last edited by Waterd; 04-19-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Make Ranger's second attack free, and it's a decent choice in Melundak, I think.

I have a good idea on the buffs....if they happen.
    However my main goal is to make base decks playable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast