Thread: Discovering the Power of Cards

Default Discovering the Power of Cards

Hello!

Last night I played a couple matches with my buddy, and I had one of those awesome moments where you realize how powerful a card is, when you had overlooked it previously. In this case, I found that I love Sprog from Tundle's base deck. (He can spend magic to move walls, but with some restrictions.) When I first read him, I really only thought in terms of my own walls as summoning points. Then I noticed that I could summon him and immediately move him up to my opponent's only wall (was playing against Little Meda). I could move her wall, which 1) opened up a route to the summoner, and 2) let me dictate where my opponent could summon! WOW that's powerful! Sprog was the MVP that game, restructuring walls everywhere.

(Also, while I stomped Meda with the Deep Dwarves, I think she has some INSANE mutations and event cards. Things just didn't align for my opponent, and he didn't get to use mutants to their potential. Drool and Tusk seemed amazing, and Amoeba as constant magic...wow!)

So, have you had any "aha" moments where you realize the full potential of a card?

Recently I have realized how useful Grubs can be in Sneeks' deck. Because Sneeks can switch places with any unit at the same time that Grubs can do his move, you can really move Grubs and Sneeks around on the board.

One example, summoning Grubs at a forward wall even if Sneeks is way back, then switching Sneeks with a unit close to Grubs, then using Grubs' power to reposition him around Sneeks' new forward location.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm realizing how strong are wraiths, i thought they were pretty good, then excellent, then i thought ts one of the best commons in the game, now i think they are possible the best common in the game, i hope i don't have to conclude they are op.

Grubs! Just looked him up. I don't have either of the Mercenaries decks, but some of their cards look fun. I'm still discovering the base decks, even though I have Alliances and most of the 2nd summoners! There's so, so much to explore...

Wraiths - those are 2nd summoner Sand Goblins right? I have them but haven't tried the deck yet. The unit looks amazing - it can be a blocker, pump up Cyrus, or slowly move towards an assassination attempt!

Here’s a little list:
    - Slayers with Thrust moving throughout wraith you Control, then jumping back to Scravens side via scravens ability, protected behind Wraith.
    - Wraiths using strong wind
    - Group of Hunters in Scraven with Strong Wind on SC Hunter
    - Mortar Upgrade on tower hidden behind Wall

- Puppets to protect Lem if he's able to kill a Unit. Even if Lem doesn't Controllers/Sirens can make space between Lem and Unit he's attacked, and then jump the Puppet in to protect Lem.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    - Puppets to protect Lem if he's able to kill a Unit. Even if Lem doesn't Controllers/Sirens can make space between Lem and Unit he's attacked, and then jump the Puppet in to protect Lem.
    Puppets and Lem look awesome. I just got Shiva, but haven't brought her to the table yet. So much to discover!

It's hard to ever play Shiva without Puppetmaster and Sorgwen, and as cool as Lem is, I've taken to playing cheap ranged champs that let her summon enough of the tricky commons that make her tricks really go bang. Kendre is pretty valuable even if his ability never gets used. I would play Lukestor 90% if Puppets could jump to him, but as is, he only gets in about 50%.