Thread: Movement Definition Question

Default Movement Definition Question

Hi all,

Wondering if I can get clarification of a rule. Playing on the App, I surrounded my opponent's Khan Queso on all side with 3 units and a wall. To my surprise on the next turn he still was able to Plague. Queso's card clearly states "After Moving". I asked my opponent how this was possible after not moving Khan and the response was: he "moved zero spaces". Is this a legit rule or an App glitch? To me this reason fails on 2 levels, 1. The very definition of the word move means to go from one space to another. 2. Zero = Nothing. Apply it to whatever, you have nothing of that object to action. I.E. X unit attacked zero times means it didn't attack, means it couldn't trigger an attack special ability like Bender's Breaker for example. Ergo, unit moved Zero spaces means it stood still, it didn't move, and therefore the unit's special abilities after movement wouldn't trigger. Really think this is a glitch and not an official game rule. Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It’s not a glitch.

You can move 0 spaces.

It’s one of the stupidest rulings in the game.

Wow, can’t believe that’s an actual rule. Agreed, probably the stupidest in the game.

BTW, CommanderCool when are we playing in NYC? Give me a shout!

Thanks

I agree. I was overruled on this one way back in the day. I also thought something should have to move to move. I think part of the justification for it was that movement was a type of action one could take, and referred as much to timing as it did to actually moving.

The GD Defender can prevent movement altogether though I think.
    Last edited by Jexik; 04-04-2018 at 11:41 AM.

So moving “0 spaces” and using “plague” or something, would count towards your move total on the turn too.