Thread: Swamp Orcs vs Swamp Mercenaries

Default Swamp Orcs vs Swamp Mercenaries

Hello everyone !

Few days ago I got a match between Swamp Orcs against Swamp Mercenaries.

Both factions have events where Vine Walls are used.

For example, using Ensnare (SO), you can place 2 units onto an unnocupied Vine Wall,
    but both factions have Vine Walls !

In these case, can Swamp Orcs use only SO Vine Walls or they can use both, SO and SM Vine Walls ?

This questions applies to Ensnare(SO), Ambush(SO), Vine Guard(SO), Vine Bind(SM) and other cases.

Thanks guys!

Vine guard, ensnare, and ambush should all be fine. I can’t remember if vine bind specifies “controlled” vine walls...

SO cards are very careful about saying "VW that you control" / "your VW", or not. Vine Lash is only for yours, but Vine Bind is for opponent's too. Glarg, Mik, Swamp Archer also apply to all VWs.

This is what I think.

When SM was released, SO was on the road for a long time. Because of that, we got cards that mention "VW that you control",
    "your VW" and cards that don't mention anything. We can assume, when nothing is said about the VW owners, that the event or
    hability must be applied for all VW in game.

In the other hand, SO was the first faction using VW and I think Plaid Hat didn't predict the future and there were no needs
    to mention "VW that you control", "your VW", etc.

Because of that, I'm not confortable to use SO events and habilities over SM Vine Walls. I don't know, it doesn't
    look the right thing.

The same dilema applies to SO 2nd Summoner.

What do you guys think ?

I think they did account for opponent vine walls. Even with just muggs, they still considered a muggs mirror match.