Thread: Additional Attacks (Quen and Chain Lightning)

Default Additional Attacks (Quen and Chain Lightning)

Quen, from the Mountain Vargath, has the Chain Lightning ability, as follows from the card:

Once per turn, after attacking with Quen, you may spend 1 Magic Point to attack with Quen 1 additional time.

- - - - -

Does this additional attack replace one of the player's 3 attacks for the turn, or is this in addition to those, giving a fourth attack?

Thank you in advance.

In addition. You get 4, or more if you have another way to get extra attacks.

With Malenatar's Unify, 2xOnslaught and 2xSuperior Planning, you can attack with Quen 10 times (and that's not including Commanders). Summoners with two blockers, beware.

As a general rule - whenever an ability or event let's you attack again (or another unit), the additional attacks do not count towards the 3 attacks. (See also Shikwa, Blademaster)

Quote Originally Posted by gojaejin View Post
    With Malenatar's Unify, 2xOnslaught and 2xSuperior Planning, you can attack with Quen 10 times (and that's not including Commanders). Summoners with two blockers, beware.
    I'm not sure of how it works.

I assume:
    1 - play Unify
    2 - play Onslaught (first attack)
    3 - play Superior Planning, take back Onslaught and re-use it (second attack)
    4 - play second Onslaught (third attack)
    5 - play second Superior Planning, take back Onslaught and re-use it (fourth attack)
    6 - attack phase, normal Quen attack (fifth attack)
    7 - pay 1 magic for Quen's ability (sixth attack)

Where do the missing four attack come from? I count "only" six, which is still a considerable 12 dice even if very hard to pull out.
    Last edited by Fing80; 03-20-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Add 2 commanders and attack with them and you get the remaining 4 dice from quen

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Add 2 commanders and attack with them and you get the remaining 4 dice from quen
    Well, yes, but gojaejin said "and that's not including Commanders", so I was wondering if there's something I'm missing.

Nah, gojaejin was just missing something obvious. "Once per turn", my bad.