Thread: new on ashes...

Default new on ashes...

Hy,

I'm new on this game, I have a few questions I didn't find aswers for in the FAQ (excuse my english, I'm normally french speeking)

1) In a 3 or 4 players game, if there's a tie to choose the first player, the tied dices a rerolled.
    If they both reroll less basic symbols than another player, is this other player the first player?

2) If I begin a round with more than 5 cards in my hand, must I discard?

3) Rules say that a "controlled" card is a card in his battlefield, etc.
    Does it mean that an action spell, a reaction spell or a dice power are not "controlled" by their caster?

4) The sea crow (I'm not sure of the english name... Saria's bird...) is protected from spell controled by an opponent.
    Is he protected from the extra damages an alteration spell would make a unit deal to him?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Exid View Post
    Hy,

I'm new on this game, I have a few questions I didn't find aswers for in the FAQ (excuse my english, I'm normally french speeking)

1) In a 3 or 4 players game, if there's a tie to choose the first player, the tied dices a rerolled.
    If they both reroll less basic symbols than another player, is this other player the first player?

Does it mean that an action spell, a reaction spell or a dice power are not "controlled" by their caster?

4) The sea crow (I'm not sure of the english name... Saria's bird...) is protected from spell controled by an opponent.
    Is he protected from the extra damages an alteration spell would make a unit deal to him?

Thanks!
    OK, not sure about 1.
    2: I don't think so, no.
    3: I think that is correct.
    4: Good question, not sure, but I don't think so as the alteration spell doesn't target de Seaside Raven but the attack value of the attacking unit. And enemy alteration spell aimed at the seaside raven would not work.

Hope that helps. You may also try the Ashes facebook group, they seem to be a lot more active than the forum here.
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

Has somebody an idea for 1)? (I'm not a very FB fan...)

3) & 4)
    If actions, reactions and dice powers are uncontrolled (hence out of the crow's protection), and the crow isn't protected from indirect effects, what is he protected from?!?

Has somebody an idea for 1)? (I'm not a very FB fan...)

3) & 4)
    If actions, reactions and dice powers are uncontrolled (hence out of the crow's protection), and the crow isn't protected from indirect effects, what is he protected from?!?
    really not many peopple here

Hy,

Thanks!
    1) i don't know
    2) no ...
    3) You Control the stuff on your side of the table
    This rule is included so that you can get rid of Blood Puppets and attack/block with them or get rid of deep freeze.
    4) Seaside Raven is protected from opponents spells / spell effects. Ready Spells / Alteration Spells / Reaction Spells / Action Spells.
    It is not protected from unit / phoenixborn effects.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I thought on 1) that all players would reroll until someone has the most.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

all players roll dice.

If 2 players roll 6's
    1 player is a 5
    1 player is a 4

the 2 sixes would roll to see who goes first and second the other 2 players would be 3 and 4 consecutive.

So this works the same with how many basics is rolled hope this helps.
    Ashes to Ashes. Dust to Dust. Bring forth your Phoenixborn and join the dead you must!