Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A list of etch & rune mage players

Quote Originally Posted by Vitoy View Post
    Wildbunch plays Etch & Rune Mages probably in every single deck.
    Yeah my Benders just got beaten by their TO deck. They had a good draw and got out Bragg and three Freezes before I even drew a Mimic. Then they spammed Thwarters and had at least 6 Rune Mages in the deck. Ai ai ai...

Default Just got back to Summoner Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_AU View Post
    Yeah my Benders just got beaten by their TO deck. They had a good draw and got out Bragg and three Freezes before I even drew a Mimic. Then they spammed Thwarters and had at least 6 Rune Mages in the deck. Ai ai ai...
    First Game I played in 3 years and Tundle pulls out Rune mage and forward wall Turn 3...

Have they truly become a blight on the meta?

For the regulars, what is the best course of action, just send out invities to you guys?

Happy to be back! Not happy to be siphoned. It was vs Dominion BTW, should have checked this list first.

With the regulars (non random games), I almost never see Rune Mages. They’re somewhat common in random games. Honestly I just forfeit those games the second I see the rune mages and never play that player again

...And (not surprisingly), it seems these RM relying players use them as a crutch. Abua bested the Dominion's Deep Dwarves handily. He got a rune mage out and siphoned one but the mage itself was easily dispatched. Then I went after his walls with Ru and Miti as he scrambled a series of Gem mages and burned through his magic supply quickly (He had also wasted something like 5 mana on a single gem mage at Abua Shi who I used as bait. Glad to know the old strats still work heh).

Eventually I surrounded Tundle with both champs using a double CoH and took advantage of Tundle's poor positioning He killed both champs but at that point I had 2 archers and a gorilla coming down his throat and the writing was on the wall.

Pressuring the Tundle player not to durdle and gain mana as usual worked. I'm convinced relying on rune mages with tundle is greedy and a trap. I mean, your commander is already a mana engine. Having them in your deck just asks for greedy plays that can be punished.

I think it's ok to always pack 1 single rune mage in your deck, just to punish certain wall positions. So given he plays with rune mages on, i think it's ok for him to play a single rune mage with little cost and potential huge payoff.

jin_3_pang

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234