Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Real errata--suggestions and ideas

I haven't bothered checking to see if someone else has ever brought this up, but you could make Jexik far more effective if you:

1. Made his power BS useable on Champs and Commons;
    2. Made it so that BS could be used either right before your summon phase or right after your attack phase;
    3. Made it so that his event cards applied to Mercenary Commons.

#2 would allow you to use Heist and Steal after your attack phase, so you could summon, move, attack, then steal. It would also work good with clever diversion since you could use an extra move. #2 would also allow you to use Clever Diversion defensively as well as offensively, putting a ranged unit onto an enemy wall, then moving it back behind an enemy wall to safety, or if you have heist you can move it to one of your walls at the end of the turn. It would be very hard to defend it and you would always have to be on guard.

#3 would make useless mercs like bow grounders or bounders suddenly very useful in Jexik's deck, and they would work good with cards like Heist, Vanish, CD, and Daring Plan.

Food for thought.

Do you think it's too OP? Well, let me ask you - is JEXIK too OP as is?

Jex is already a strong summoner, why would someone want to buff him?

you could make useless mercs useful.

Sorry to burst bubble. Jexik is cool and not S tier but his power is fine so not going to errata him

Quote Originally Posted by Rdebruys83 View Post
    I haven't bothered checking to see if someone else has ever brought this up, but you could make Jexik far more effective if you:

1. Made his power BS useable on Champs and Commons;
    2. Made it so that BS could be used either right before your summon phase or right after your attack phase;
    3. Made it so that his event cards applied to Mercenary Commons.

#2 would allow you to use Heist and Steal after your attack phase, so you could summon, move, attack, then steal. It would also work good with clever diversion since you could use an extra move. #2 would also allow you to use Clever Diversion defensively as well as offensively, putting a ranged unit onto an enemy wall, then moving it back behind an enemy wall to safety, or if you have heist you can move it to one of your walls at the end of the turn. It would be very hard to defend it and you would always have to be on guard.

#3 would make useless mercs like bow grounders or bounders suddenly very useful in Jexik's deck, and they would work good with cards like Heist, Vanish, CD, and Daring Plan.

Food for thought.

Do you think it's too OP? Well, let me ask you - is JEXIK too OP as is?
    Thanks for the suggestion.

We feel that Jexik is close enough in power to what we aim for. If at some point we feel he isn't we already planed to try to give him bow symbol. This is quite a power up. Currently the community sees him as strong enough.

Also please note, that with the current project rules you will probably not be able to play any merc without a faction symbol of the faction you play.

I wanted to post this somehwere and didn't know where.
    I'm introducing a new player to summoner wars and is really awfull how much the power of killing your own units puts him off, just confirming is in my experience the number one problem i have when introducing players to the game, he didn't complain much about the dice despite in his first game he had a 3/13 hit streak! i was feeling worry he would get piss off at it, but instead he said he really really hates that people are killing their own units.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    I wanted to post this somehwere and didn't know where.
    I'm introducing a new player to summoner wars and is really awfull how much the power of killing your own units puts him off, just confirming is in my experience the number one problem i have when introducing players to the game, he didn't complain much about the dice despite in his first game he had a 3/13 hit streak! i was feeling worry he would get piss off at it, but instead he said he really really hates that people are killing their own units.
    I agree. I prefer to avoid killing my own units (there are some notable exceptions: Vlox's starter thief. Screw that guy. . And FK/Filth where it fits mechanically. And of course spore carriers). I don't always mind, but it being a standard strategy just annoys me. I think self-killed units going to the discard pile could be a decent fix.
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

units going to discard pile would need some mayor changes. Specifically to the start of the game, a lot of factions balance depends on being able to kill themselves 1 or 2 units for magic. The starting player would be even in a worse situation than it is now. it would require changing completlyt he starting setup. (for example players start with a hand and can place cards in magic pile before the game starts)
    I don't oppose to the idea, but is a mayor movement.
    Additionally some events need to be rewriten. (dark ritual is the obvious one)

For the most part i was just ranting.

units going to discard pile would need some mayor changes. Specifically to the start of the game, a lot of factions balance depends on being able to kill themselves 1 or 2 units for magic. The starting player would be even in a worse situation than it is now. it would require changing completlyt he starting setup. (for example players start with a hand and can place cards in magic pile before the game starts)

Fair enough, I think your rant against self-killing has serious merit though. Maybe implement some other penalty when destroying your own units? I dunno, wound one of your 9-life walls whenever you self-kill a unit or something?
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

I see why people are bothered and on the sentimental side, I agree. You could even state that if you use an attack or an instead of attacking ability to destroy a unit you control, it gets discarded (to avoid ability or event death)

But in the end, as Waterd stated already - the current balance depends on the ability to kill the own units, especially with early and late game strategies (I also kill heavily wounded units in Sundaved in the late midgame or late game to get my third champ out). In the end, this is such a huge change that is very hard to predict. It will needs a lot more changes than we are planning to do.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast