Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Real errata--suggestions and ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    My suggested changes to Ellien:
    Some very nice suggestions in here

to Phoenix BOMB: Choose a square on the battlefield. At the beginning of the next turn, place a wound marker on any card on that square, and any card on an adjacent square.

It's a nice idea, however I'm not sure I want to add even more direct damage to this deck. It has an interesting strategic component!

to Phoenix Soul: Until the beginning of your next turn, if a common unit you control would be destroyed, place that card in your hand.

This comes close to the event I thought about giving Elein. I want him to be able to push more reliable and on the same time give something powerful instead of magic drain. How about adding this sentence to it, so it can also be used to keep on the push position

Phoenix Soul: Until the beginning of your next turn, if a common unit you control would be destroyed, place that card in your hand. You may immediately pay it's summon cost to place the unit back on the location it was destroyed.

This way you can defend your position and it's also a nice up for 0 cost units

to Magic drain: Until the beginning of your next turn, when a common unit you control attacks an enemy wall, you may take a card from the top of that opponet's magic pile and place it on top of your magic pile

It's interesting. However, I think we need to be careful that this event can not be even more powerful in some situtions - as it prevents the opponent from recovering from a bad situation. I'm a bit worried that an early magic drain followed up by burns can create to much hinderance for the opponent. Especially if that opponent played a second wall and you can magic drain him 3 magic for 2 rounds, while burning every unit that enters the battlefield. It might feel like "runemage fun".

Other factions I think can abuse this event even easier.
    -Oldin: can easily get the +3 magic drain with Gror killing own units + oldin range attack. This means you can't avoid magic drain while getting champ stomped.
    -Tacu: Sorgwen + Mindwitch can huge (Shikwa, Blademaster, Quen ...)
    -Vlox: RENEGATES for potential +6 magic drain
    -Ret: guess for him it's fine, but I'd rather use discard drain here - if needed.

My suggested changes to Ellien:
    Change fireblast to: Phoenix Force: Instead of attacking with ellien, you may choose a Common Phoenix Elf Unit with an attack value of 1 that is within 2 clear straight line spaces of Ellien. If that unit places a wound marker on a card this turn with an attack, place an additional wound marker on that card.

This helps with a couple of issues.
    -Fireblast is boring this is not
    -Ellien has an incentive to do more than just sit behind walls
    -Vastly improves his base commons Guardian and Archer.
    -Because the later point, Ellien opening is no longer killing 3 units of his.
    -This give him a slowgame weapon vs slow decks
    -Buffs ellien as to allow to replace Magic drain with something not so insane.
    I do think this is pretty good idea. I'm not sure it is actually a buff. It is nice, yes but the short proximity + clear line spaces + instead of attacking is a huge cost. So I'm not sure I would actually use it a lot beside the early game. I love the guardian interaction as well, but with the "instead of attacking part" I'm not sure it is even worth is to use. We could think about changing it to "at the beginning of your attack phase" to make it a bit more powerful.

The ability to savely do 2 damage is boring but quite potent for such a low life summoner (for example: you KNOW that CK will die by Eleins action). So your above ability I see as equally strong but not a buff.

I love the idea, but it might be one of those things that are not implemented cause of the additional card change ... so maybe we increase it's power a tiny bit to justify the card change.

Its definitly a buff over fireblast. If anything the concern should be that it may be too strong.

Its definitly a buff over fireblast. If anything the concern should be that it may be too strong.
    It's a definite buff. Guaranteed 2 wounds from a Precise unit and 89% chance of 2 wounds from a PE/FP Warrior. Love the idea balanced against a MD nerf.

The Elien MD replacement that Aargau and I are testing is:

Greater Blaze Step/Phoenix Step: Choose a PE unit you control. If this unit is on the Battlefield at the end of your turn, you may place this unit adjacent to any Wall Card. Until the beginning of your next turn, this unit only receives wounds from rolls of 5 or higher.

We also nerf burn and greater burn to within 4 spaces of Elien, just because we don't like how lame those cards currently are.

How can it be too strong? You need to expose Elein a bit more to use it (2 squares), you can't attack with him and it takes up one of your attacks AND the only units that really profits are Guardians (which otherwise are sub optimal), fire Archer (which are 1 life and if you cover them with Warriors, why not just use Elein in the first place) and normal archer (again 1 life). Fencer and these stuff might be good in rare situations but overall not crazy. Maybe Fire Dancer could be great with 2/4 for 4, but hey Jungle guard can do that already.

Quote Originally Posted by KBurg7 View Post
    The Elien MD replacement that Aargau and I are testing is:

Greater Blaze Step/Phoenix Step: Choose a PE unit you control. If this unit is on the Battlefield at the end of your turn, you may place this unit adjacent to any Wall Card. Until the beginning of your next turn, this unit only receives wounds from rolls of 5 or higher.

We also nerf burn and greater burn to within 4 spaces of Elien, just because we don't like how lame those cards currently are.
    Hmm that is interesting. I have two concerns here
    1) another attack + blaze away from the opponent, this time with champs
    2) these situations where elein summons 2 champs, explodes the opponent champ and then double greater step to blaze in front of the opponent summoner, blocking two of his wall spots. I fear this can be unstoppable in some situations.

Fire archers hitting 2 precise from range, is already insane enough, the rest is just bonus. Is rare to even use all 3 attacks with ellien. Its going to be very hard to trade with elline in slow games when he is just doing 2 precise ranged, with minimal risk. Most attack buff that cost no magic in the game are very very strong. not to say that just at the start ellien will be pinging with 2 av long range archer. All this compared to fireblaste is a huge buff.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    Hmm that is interesting. I have two concerns here
    1) another attack + blaze away from the opponent, this time with champs
    2) these situations where elein summons 2 champs, explodes the opponent champ and then double greater step to blaze in front of the opponent summoner, blocking two of his wall spots. I fear this can be unstoppable in some situations.
    Yeah I was thinking about this all last night, and I think the 5 or higher part is too strong. I really like the offense this event brings, plus it is fun, so I want to test it out. I'll probably switch to 4 or higher for testing, so there is more risk of throwing a lone champ up there.

For Vlox, we have replaced MD with a one turn ability for Vlox to copy a second friendly unit. It can be very powerful and encourages some splash in his deck. It definitely raises his personal deadliness. We are aggressive with him, so we get a lot of value from it.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast