Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Real errata--suggestions and ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Syurtpiutha View Post
    I don't think that would help against Baldar. More dice vs Baldar is usually not the best since everything needs to hit. Or is this the new Errata Baldar?
    It helps because once you get the possesed ability you ignore any other ability, read again please that is the point of being possessed.

Also this can be applied to a friendly Reaper, so that when he attacks, the card goes to magic pile instead of under him.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Errata Baldar fixes Baldar so there’s no longer any need to give summoners that didn’t have a solution to him a “solution”
    Agreed, that was just an example. What is important is to give more options to the bad FK units by increasing the attack with 1.

I have tested a bit the Phantom suggested by JWALKER and found it a bit difficult to set up, I would need to test much more but my first impression was not good even though I liked it when I read it.

Commander we could play on Vassal, when do you normally connect? how can we communicate? whatsapp? facebook? viber? what do you use? I already suggested to join the facebook messenger where most people already are but you did not reply to that. Also as we play very often on the app, it would be nice to be able to chat during the game to comment about tactics and dice rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    Idea for Phantoms:

" After moving this phantom, select and adjacent unit, if you do discard this phantom. this unit will gain the following ability: Possesed: This unit has no further abilities than possessed, when attacked by Zombie warriors, Reapers, Reavers or skeletons add 1 to the attack value"

This would help with units like baldar, turt etc etc, also would help the units which need the most help in FK. This ability can be used also with friendly units, meaning you can decide to use it on reapers to not get killed cards under them.
    Heyhey,
    Sorry i'm still pretty buisy with the new job transition.

A permanent negation is an absolute nono for me. Think about how this will be such a huge hit for way too many units making them impossible to play abainst any fk summoner. Examples are shikwa, abdomination, leah, cyrus and many many more. I for sure don't want such a huge impact of phantoms. Further, how do we keep track of the unit? If its only for one turn then the negstion effect is the primary effect which is not intended.

Note: turt and baldar both got errata - baldar is less of a god, turt only comes in SO summoners.

We might test phantoms in some of our gsmes, but again its more of a "option" but not intended to be optimal!

Hi, yes my mistake, I missed ...till the end of the turn...

Regarding Turt having SO sign, it only changes that he cannot be included with Rallul, am I correct? Farrah can still use units form other factions with some limitations.. right?
    Last edited by lcanela; 04-25-2019 at 10:12 AM.

No only commons can have a faction symbol. Turt is limited to glurblub, natatzga and mugglugg. Glzeblub and natazga needs this strong champ and mugglugg has a lot of comoetitive options due to his playstyle (mik, glarg, glurb, sprong and the ranged champs)

I could see the following as an option
    "Possess: This phantom may move below none summoner units. Fk units attacking a unit with a phontom below may choose to have an av of 2"
    Now this does the following: all 1av units get a boost, the effect is permanent and if you kill the possessed unit you get the magic from the phantom as well (giving it a net summoning cost if 0).
    I personally think that this is much weaker than the version before, as you first need to spend the move to possess the unit and the opponent might kill of the possessed unit himself.

Have one.more idea but its a bit experiemental: stats: 1/1 for 0 cost
    Possess: This phantom may move below enemy none summoner units to possess it. If one or more possessed units are on the board, add 1 to all single dice rolls of fk unit attacks and ability rolls.
    Now this gives the 1 av units more reliable attacks and also boosts all ability rolls like reaver, cultists, archer and skull ability. As its a 0 cost unit, the relatively mild effect is cost efficiant.

In the end i still think our original idea is best from investment/power. Its also very important that you can play ret different from the live version as unit count is rarely important. You WANT to raise a lot of units and place alot of augurs early, so you spent magic for the "discard drain event". You don't need to fear magic drains from opponent that and tons of units help to fend of assassination attemps. If you raise units prematurely tje setting up of phantoms should be relatively easy allowing you to have powerful common aroubd midgame

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    No only commons can have a faction symbol. Turt is limited to glurblub, natatzga and mugglugg. Glzeblub and natazga needs this strong champ and mugglugg has a lot of comoetitive options due to his playstyle (mik, glarg, glurb, sprong and the ranged champs)

I could see the following as an option
    "Possess: This phantom may move below none summoner units. Fk units attacking a unit with a phontom below may choose to have an av of 2"
    Now this does the following: all 1av units get a boost, the effect is permanent and if you kill the possessed unit you get the magic from the phantom as well (giving it a net summoning cost if 0).
    I personally think that this is much weaker than the version before, as you first need to spend the move to possess the unit and the opponent might kill of the possessed unit himself.

Have one.more idea but its a bit experiemental: stats: 1/1 for 0 cost
    Possess: This phantom may move below enemy none summoner units to possess it. If one or more possessed units are on the board, add 1 to all single dice rolls of fk unit attacks and ability rolls.
    Now this gives the 1 av units more reliable attacks and also boosts all ability rolls like reaver, cultists, archer and skull ability. As its a 0 cost unit, the relatively mild effect is cost efficiant.

In the end i still think our original idea is best from investment/power. Its also very important that you can play ret different from the live version as unit count is rarely important. You WANT to raise a lot of units and place alot of augurs early, so you spent magic for the "discard drain event". You don't need to fear magic drains from opponent that and tons of units help to fend of assassination attemps. If you raise units prematurely tje setting up of phantoms should be relatively easy allowing you to have powerful common aroubd midgame
    I also like your original idea, I just found it difficult to set up, but this is only from one test and playing by myself, so it might not be the best test. If you want we can test it together on vassal. Also I think if you use phantoms, you want to have many of the same unit in your deck instead of a splashy deck to get more chances to have 2 of the same unit on the board + place a phantom under one of them (ideally the one closer to Ret to avoid giving extra magic away). For Ret it is just simpler to get many warlocks as the setup is much more easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    yeah the rebirth card is discarded at the end of your summon phase for sure (if you haven't payed for the effect the unit then gets destroyed and goes to your opponents magic pile as normal)

While your version is simpler, it will be much weaker and often mean the unit cannot be saved. If your FireDrake has 2 life remaining and my Elut goes 4/4 that means 9 wounds are on him, and even a FireBeast will only give him 1 single lifpoint.

I personally think elein is fine vs assassination, except vs. factions that can easily turn/bypass his blockers with multi attacks from one lane. This will save him from a single line attack and he keeps board position.

alternatively, we could go with
    put rebirth card on top to save the unit, destroy both cards (unit+rebirth) at start of summon phase, you may summon on this spot during your event phase

that will be a combo of shadows (denys magic, unit goes into your magic) + summoning surge (event goes into magic so a total of +2 magic & extra summoning rule for this turn)
    - gives +2 magic, -1 for opponent.
    - allows combo with a hero is born
    - can protect ellein vs. multi attacks
    - great to start a push as you maintain board position and your changeling just got into HellfireDrake
    I have tested this last version and worked very well. I played Malenatar Vs Elien both base decks. Malenatar was clearly winning after having 2 walls distroyed, later, a common unit was killed and rebirth was poayed on top. in next turn fire drake came on board to kiland went 3/3 on Malenatar. it is very powerful, much better than MD in terms of gaming experience.

I have tested again, the way I have tested it (to make it a bit less powerful) is to get a 2 discount on a unit summoned in that spot, I think getting 2 magic is too powerful, in both tests the victory came after I have used this event. I think it should grant a discount of 2 or maybe even 1 if you summon a unit in that spot and in the next turn, otherwise this discount is lost. One of the reasons why Elien is so powerful is because apart from a hero is born all his events can easily be used in an efficient way. After these 2 tests I dont think we should allow that the new unit can be summoned in the event phase, I think Elien should set up and use a hero is Born a turn before this event will be used, so at least he needs to plan one of his events. I see the point of making AHIB more useful, but so far this event has been devastating. MAybe both cards should just go to discard pile and no discount. I hope you guys test it and give your opinion on this.

Thanks for the feedback. I think we need to test/monitor it closely. However some things to consider
    1) new changes are often successful because of how surprising/unusual the match becomes. This often leads to play mistakes that can lead to assassination KOs
    2) the event gives a 2 card advantage (-1 invest, +2 magic, -1 magic denied from opponent) so is slightly less powerful than magic drain which the effect needs to make up for
    3) giving the cards as magic allows for a much easier play. Otherwise playing a 0 or 1 cost common with rebirth is a suboptimal play, which i wouldnt like. Further, you might not draw any unit with your hand, then you at least still gain the magic
    4) a hero is born is one of the worst event, i would be happy if it turns out not to be op ... but thats something to keep track off - tanks for the imput

Hi Jwalker... I got stuck playing Malenatar vs Base deck elien. I am using your variant for MD.

I am nto sure if Malenatar is too weak, or maybe is the lack of ranged units but I found the event to be too strong, because what has happened in my experience is that at some point either defensively or offensively you kill an adjacent PE unit but instead of killing it, it remains there, later a new unit (normally a champ, would counter) attacking first even on your side of the board + it will use Spirit of the Phoenix... it is very very strong in this MU.

As I said before, I dislike that all Elien events need zero preparation.. you can always use burn and G burn on any unit on the board, you can always use SOTP easily, and now this new event is again very easy to use, just move forward with a warrior attack a wall or any unit but instead of retreating to a wall, leave it there.. someone will come to get the magic but instead... you will be attacked again by a drake which means 5 attacks on any unit (2 from warrior + 3 from drake) and very likely due to precise you will get all 5 wounds.

I have tried 6 games to defeat Elien with Malenatar (base deck and deckbuilding Malenatar) but no luck so far.

I need to try against another Summoner as maybe Malenatar is too weak? what is your experience with him? in the survey we ddi to check which summoners to help, malenatar was down there and was initially flagged as a candidate to be changed, but due to lack of experience of most players with him he is not part of the project. I wonder if he should still be checked! maybe your MD version is fine and the issue is just Malenatar being too weak.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334