Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Real errata--suggestions and ideas

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Phantom. At anytime during your turn you may summon this Phantom under a FK Unit. While this Phantom is under that Unit, that Unit has an Attack Value of 2 and ignores other Attack Bonuses.

Thematically it’s like the phantom has possessed the Unit. Spooky.

Buff to
    - Skeletal Archer. Pinanta might go to Discard.
    - Zombie Warrior. Interesting as 2AV. Might make Piñata worth it. Could do cool ZW chains.
    - Reaper. With 3 life, Piñata might survive a turn.
    - FK Cultist. With 3 Life might survive a turn. +AV goes further with this ability. No real boost with Helkar.
    - Reaver. Piñata might live through multiple deaths.
    - Buff to Helkar. Unnecessary, strong, but shouldn’t create any problems.
    - Buff to Corpse Wyrm. Nice.

I don’t think it changes Ret, Sirian, or iElien. I think it just allows you to play some awful cards that you wouldn’t otherwise play.

Realistically, I think I’d play the Phantom and Reaver in iElien. I don’t know if it would work competitively, but I’d maybe play them with ZW and Corpse Wyrm. I’d probably play them with Helkar in Ret but I prefer augur as a 0 coster

I like the idea a lot... it would also be nice if the phantom could later move away and posses another FK unit with movement somehow.

How strong would this be? would you need to test again all FK factions?

Ahh one more question.. if you have a phantom under a reaper you would not want to kill any other unit as they would go under (instead of magic pile) but also would not give any reward until the reaper has been killed by you or even worse, your opponent.

I think if there was a way to use the phantom, and later be able to move only the top card and leave the phantom back, it would be super nice and would allow many different combos.
    Last edited by lcanela; 12-10-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Another question:

if this will happen:

45. Rune Mage. Add 1 to this Unit’s Attack Value if it is within 2 spaces of 1+ Wall with 3 or fewer Life.
    46. Etch. Does 3 wounds.
    - Rallul mercs banned outside of mercs
    Could we just not ban Rallul units from other Summoners?

... it would be ideal if we could remove that and make this errata more elegant, right?

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    Another question:

if this will happen:

45. Rune Mage. Add 1 to this Unit’s Attack Value if it is within 2 spaces of 1+ Wall with 3 or fewer Life.
    46. Etch. Does 3 wounds.
    - Rallul mercs banned outside of mercs
    Could we just not ban Rallul units from other Summoners?

... it would be ideal if we could remove that and make this errata more elegant, right?
    Maybe give the Rallul mercs a unique faction symbol? That way, according to Farrah's faction symbol rules they could only be added to Rallul, Glurbs and Farrah.

Making stickers of the mercenary squiggle, for instance.
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

We have banned Etch and RMs from other non merchant summoners. But Eth is still OP in merca and RMs shouldn’t exist

We have banned Etch and RMs from other non merchant summoners. But Eth is still OP in merca and RMs shouldn’t exist
    Merchant Summoners? That sounds interesting.

Very interesting suggestion, CC. Lots of neat interactions it creates.

With a redesign, I’ll miss the champion disincentive Phantoms provide. I think most players just summon champions and pray, but on paper they should encourage common play by the opponent.

I think the question was, whether the ban is actually needed, as we nerf the RMs and Etch, resulting in less them being less problematic in other decks.

However, we are quite happy to also have a ban on StoneGolems in the other decks. For some decks you can still use DemonHands to compensate a little bit. Also, the way we phrased it, Etch is still quite good for minor walls summoners. Currently Glurblub can use both Etch and RMs (having a VW always close by) to a good use. I don't want to see him in GDs with Architects or something - it's easier to just not allow Ralluls mercs in none merc decks.

Phantom. At anytime during your turn you may summon this Phantom under a FK Unit. While this Phantom is under that Unit, that Unit has an Attack Value of 2 and ignores other Attack Bonuses.

Thematically it’s like the phantom has possessed the Unit. Spooky.

Buff to
    - Skeletal Archer. Pinanta might go to Discard.
    - Zombie Warrior. Interesting as 2AV. Might make Piñata worth it. Could do cool ZW chains.
    - Reaper. With 3 life, Piñata might survive a turn.
    - FK Cultist. With 3 Life might survive a turn. +AV goes further with this ability. No real boost with Helkar.
    - Reaver. Piñata might live through multiple deaths.
    - Buff to Helkar. Unnecessary, strong, but shouldn’t create any problems.
    - Buff to Corpse Wyrm. Nice.

I don’t think it changes Ret, Sirian, or iElien. I think it just allows you to play some awful cards that you wouldn’t otherwise play.

Realistically, I think I’d play the Phantom and Reaver in iElien. I don’t know if it would work competitively, but I’d maybe play them with ZW and Corpse Wyrm. I’d probably play them with Helkar in Ret but I prefer augur as a 0 coster
    Quite cool, but a bit sad Forbidden Ritual and Helkars ability can't interact. And augurs become quite potent

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    Quite cool, but a bit sad Forbidden Ritual and Helkars ability can't interact. And augurs become quite potent
    I like how it helps out some of the interesting units that don't see much play, especially Reavers (so cool, so useless) and Skeletal Archers are actually pretty brutal with a phantom.

Would also have loved it if phantoms could leave a host for a new one, but that might be a tad much. +1 av (or +2 for Augurs) for 1 magic seems pretty cool already.

1. @Lcanela, "it would also be nice if the phantom could later move away and posses another FK unit with movement somehow," @Syurtpiutha, " Would also have loved it if phantoms could leave a host for a new one, but that might be a tad much. +1 av (or +2 for Augurs) for 1 magic seems pretty cool already."

2. This could be done in addition to how I've phrased it, but I think it’s a little clunky/wordy:

Phantom. At anytime during your turn you may summon this Phantom under a FK Unit. During your Movement Phase, you may move this Phantom from under a Unit or under a FK Unit. When this Phantom is under a Unit, that Unit has an Attack Value of 2 and ignores other Attack Bonuses.

3. Another suggestion is to do the movement instead of the summon under:

Phantom. During your Movement Phase, you may move this Phantom under a FK Unit you control or out from under a Unit. When this Phantom is under a Unit, that Unit has an Attack Value of 2 and ignores other Attack Bonuses.

4. This is pretty cool but loses synergy on Zombie Warriors that are “summoned” by Infect. Maybe that's ok. It also makes the Phantom a little more useful. On the flip side, maybe the Phantom should be less useful as a 0 coster. However, it does basically cost you 1 movement to add 1 to the AV of a 1 AV Unit, so maybe that's a sufficient hidden "cost."

5. @lcanela, "if you have a phantom under a reaper you would not want to kill any other unit as they would go under (instead of magic pile) but also would not give any reward until the reaper has been killed by you or even worse, your opponent," and @jwalker, "Quite cool, but a bit sad Forbidden Ritual and Helkars ability can't interact. And augurs become quite potent"

6. This could be solved by:

Phantom. At anytime during your turn you may summon this Phantom under a FK Unit with an Attack Value of 1. When this Phantom is under a Unit, add 1 to that Unit’s Attack Value.

7. But is FP Cultist + Helkar a little crazy?

8. And last, the variation that satisfies everyone above:

Phantom. During your Movement Phase, you may move this Phantom under or out from under a FK Unit with an Attack Value of 1 that you control. When this Phantom is under a Unit, add 1 to that Unit’s Attack Value.
    Last edited by commandercool; 12-11-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast