Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Real errata--suggestions and ideas

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    I like this. Idk if I like the Elien can’t be wounded. I see something like this though

Lava Fields. Until the beginning of your next turn, whenever an enemy Unit moves 1 space, add 1 Wound to it.
    - Really simple
    - Really cool for Kaebeeros, trapping units for Fire Drake, and even PE archers
    I thought of 1 wound in total for a moved unit. Are you suggesting one wound per square moved? it sounds powerful.

I suggested 1 per move plus no wounds to Elien for the turn to help him escape from assassination summoners. Anyway, anything different to MD will make me happy, please do not ignore this MD replacement in the project.

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    I thought of 1 wound in total for a moved unit. Are you suggesting one wound per square moved? it sounds powerful.

I suggested 1 per move plus no wounds to Elien for the turn to help him escape from assassination summoners. Anyway, anything different to MD will make me happy, please do not ignore this MD replacement in the project.
    You're probably right it's too powerful. 1 Wound is a good cap (and still cool with Kae). The more I've had time to think about your idea, the more I love it. It's very thematic. I think I'd add this slight tweak:

Lava Fields. Until the beginning of your next turn, Elien cannot be attacked by non-adjacent Units and whenever an enemy Unit stops moving, immediately add 1 Wound to it.

That said, there's still the question whether jwalker and I will errata Elien's MD.
    Last edited by commandercool; 02-09-2019 at 01:07 AM.

That said, there's still the question whether jwalker and I will errata Elien's MD.
    For what it's worth, the idea of replacing Elien Magic Drain makes me about this happy: https://66.media.tumblr.com/5862410f...cv7no1_400.gif

Elien is up there in my list of least favourite summoners because IMO everything he does is either boring or annoying (or both), both as his player and his opponent. The suggested lava fields alleviates both quite a bit (still pretty brutal against Cave Goblins, but that is why you bring Oafs).
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

You're probably right it's too powerful. 1 Wound is a good cap (and still cool with Kae). The more I've had time to think about your idea, the more I love it. It's very thematic. I think I'd add this slight tweak:

Lava Fields. Until the beginning of your next turn, Elien cannot be attacked by non-adjacent Units and whenever an enemy Unit stops moving, immediately add 1 Wound to it.

Spot on!!!

Another option:

Volcano Cone. Place this card adjacent to a card you control. It is considered to be a Wall you control with 2 starting Life Points. When it is destroyed, place a discarded Phoenix Elf Common Unit in the space it occupied.

I think this gives Elien much better offensive options. But, I still really like the Lava Fields idea. Both are good.
    Last edited by commandercool; 02-09-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Lava Field should not affect enemy summoner I believe.

After more though I like the lava field idea best and agree it shouldn’t effect enemy summober

What do you guys think about introducing the concept of moving toward/away from a summoner? What if Lava Field said that units took 1 damage per space moving them closer to Elien? That would defend against Oaf Grenades and Urick tricks, which I think is part of the goal. Yet it would give factions with key 1 life commons more reasonable options.

EDIT: Note that I don't just mean vertically. If you have a ranged unit 5 away from Elien on a 3,2 L shape, moving horizontally for the ranged attack would deal 2 damage.
    Last edited by gojaejin; 02-11-2019 at 11:30 AM.

I see your point but it would mean the event would be used more in a defensive way avoiding units to get closer to Elien, but in the current suggestion it can also be used offensively to avoid units from running away from drake and others.

Hey guys,
    sorry I didn't reply earlier. You will probably hate me, but I'm really against the lava field idea. Let me explain what are my concerns

- especially if this event works on summoners, it will produce a snow ball situation, were an opponent just ONCE out of position is completely doomed. I'll give an example
    -> Abua has a 3 Life Makeida Ru on the field next to eleins wall, hiding abua behind her 2 spaces, so possible fire drake can't hit abua as easily. Elein has the following draw in hand (gr. burn, burn, fire drake, 2 lava fields) That's basically gg. Abua will not only get the fire blast, he can't escape without damage AND can't block fire drake, as every unit that tries to block will take 2 damage). That's huge even if lava field does not work on summoners.
    - offenses can be completely shut down by this event, destroying offensive pushes, while it does nothing to pure "fire and forget" assassination (SE, JE style, Torgan shift+for glory)
    - Elein does NOT need more defense, except means to defend vs. multi attacks - Saturos, Duggle, for Glory and so on
    - Elein struggled the most in games, where he needs to attack - which with the loss of magic drain will be in a lot of games

That's why I think IF we discuss about magic drain replacement it should be something like the rebirth ideas we had before. It's the concept of helping elein to actually burn through his deck and push with his champs and direct damage (try to play a FireDrake, Kaberos, Lalaya, FireLing, Changeline deck, it's better than you think at offense). The biggest problem of Elein when mounting an attack is that if he loses board position just once, it's actually game. So that's were rebirth could give a cool opportunity, while on the same time help out with the weaknesses to unit destruction/multi attacks/blood summons.

My propose would be

Rebirth
    "When a PE none summoner unit you control is destroyed, you may immediately place this card on top of that unit. As long as this card is on the unit it cannot be destroyed and remains on the battlefield. During your summon phase, you may reveal a common unit from your hand and spent it's summon cost. The unit under this Rebirth card has as many life points remaining as the revealed common unit or the units maximum life value, whichever is lower. At the end of your summon phase, discard this card."

Hope it's understandable. The idea is that you save a unit from dying, denying a magic and the unit still blocks / protects Elein. Further on the next turn, you need to spent magic, as if you summon a common unit, to revitalize the unit - resulting in that unit having as many hit points as the revealed common from your hand. However, I don't want a 3 life warrior, so if the original unit has only 1 life, it also can only regain 1 life. This protects board position, allows for save blocker (important vs. Saturos) and well can make your champ push quite scarry (FireDrake + rebirth + FP cultist is quite potent). If it turns out to be too good, then restriction to common units is a great option, as changeling make this a 0 cost event, which just denies the oppoent 1 magic, soaks up an attack and you gonna keep that flanking warrior as well.

Economically it has the potential that is needed to justify loosing magic drain. While with 0 cost commons it's very cheap, the option to use it on cultists or FireBeasts to regain a 3 life champ is obviously also a great option. For the base deck, at least it makes guardians a tiny bit more useful.

It would not be a great idea to allow this to be played on Elein (would be just too good)!

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast