Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Real errata--suggestions and ideas

Default Real errata--suggestions and ideas

Hey guys,
    the master thread get's a bit hard to follow if we put random ideas all over him. However, these suggestions are very precious to us and I don't want to miss them. Therefore I would like to collect and discuss it here. The current factions in work, I want you to use the real errate master thread, but factions that we do in the future, this is the place!

Some general guidelines, that would be nice to go through before you post suggestions

If you want to give suggestions, please think about how
    - the event will change power of the summoner (and does he need a nerf or a boost and how much?)
    - how will it affect certain match-ups (it might only help vs. specific styles but won't do anything vs. others -> how does it affect overall balance?)
    - how easy is it to change / how many cards do we need
    - how difficult is it to estimate the power of the event/change. This is very important, as we have limited testing time (please don't underestimate this!).

Because of the limited slots, we prefer elegant but minimal fixes, but often we started with 2-3 great concepts and found a way to bring them in relatively minimalistic later.
    Last edited by jwalker; 10-06-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    Hey guys,
    the master thread get's a bit hard to follow if we put random ideas all over him. However, these suggestions are very precious to us and I don't want to miss them. Therefore I would like to collect and discuss it here. The current factions in work, I want you to use the real errate master thread, but factions that we do in the future, this is the place!

Some general guidelines, that would be nice to go through before you post suggestions

If you want to give suggestions, please think about how
    - the event will change power of the summoner (and does he need a nerf or a boost and how much?)
    - how will it affect certain match-ups (it might only help vs. specific styles but won't do anything vs. others -> how does it affect overall balance?)
    - how easy is it to change / how many cards do we need
    - how difficult is it to estimate the power of the event/change. This is very important, as we have limited testing time (please don't underestimate this!).

Because of the limited slots, we prefer elegant but minimal fixes, but often we started with 2-3 great concepts and found a way to bring them in relatively minimalistic later.
    Just throwing crap out there

I worked for a time with an event replacing Eliens magic drain, that would give all your units the hellfire ability of the fire beast. Could be used as a weird offensive magic engine considering how many 1-life PE units there are. But I like the idea of giving Elien a conjuration pile as well.

I mentioned an idea for undercover agent, basically giving the UA-unit Sin-Sin's ability (sabotage through misinformation or some such).
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Syurtpiutha View Post
    Just throwing crap out there

I worked for a time with an event replacing Eliens magic drain, that would give all your units the hellfire ability of the fire beast. Could be used as a weird offensive magic engine considering how many 1-life PE units there are. But I like the idea of giving Elien a conjuration pile as well.

I mentioned an idea for undercover agent, basically giving the UA-unit Sin-Sin's ability (sabotage through misinformation or some such).
    LThat is exactly what this thread is for

This was at some point on our list. It is decent with Fencer and sometimes great with warrior. It also allows to attack with hellfire to kill the own unit and then shoot from a unit behind.
    However, we think the current powerlevel of Elein is ok, so the magic Drain replacement must be close in power. I don't think this is enough to offset loosing Magic Drain.

@farrah: I'm too inexperienced with her so maybe CC or others might be interested

I agree that Eliens defense should be toned down a little while his ability to action start should be a little higher.

Farrah, I had the sin sin idea too and while cool, I think it will almost never be used given need to expose Farrah. In effect it would take away one of strongest events in game and replace with a very below avg event. Farrah doesn’t need a raw power nerf like that but rather a nerf to her ability to abuse UA + Etch + champ summons. With that gone, her raw power is actually probably below avg. so the trick is to remove that abuse but make Farrah competitive within power level of our new benchmark power level for summoners
    Last edited by commandercool; 10-07-2017 at 02:40 PM.

I think there isn't an adress so far on the project about how super thougness/shield block is a problem in SW. Those units should be nerfed or all factions should be given good tools to deal with them.

Been playing the night with my friends with the following 4 decks, no magic walls, No errata cards, but a few thoughts came to mind.
    We played Little meda, melundak, Frick and Sam against each other.

-I miss magic walls. Unsure what im gonna do in my group about it.
    - Little meda is prolly too strong right now.
    -Melundak is def too weak. I also really wish the buff goes in the vein of what was discussed to make shadows and stalkers good. Shadows is a weak but fun card.
    -Unrelated to the project but sam is gonna be painfull to play in the app. Also I hate abolish, such unfun card.

Waiting for PDF to test things.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    I think there isn't an adress so far on the project about how super thougness/shield block is a problem in SW. Those units should be nerfed or all factions should be given good tools to deal with them.
    Ignore Pain is as bad or worse than Shield Block. It can ruin a game when fatty takes like 8 hits and isn't destroyed.

I strongly disagree, there is no BETTER or worse counter to ignore pain, except negations. While hte card is obnoxious is not like blocks or thougness, where some summoners just don't care and others have a terrible EV against them. One of hte main ways to see how bad or good a matchup is for grognack or OLDIN, is too see how the opponent summoner deal with the shield blocks, for example. We could talk how strong or weak is ignore pain, but at least most summoners have equal problems dealing with it.

With that said I agree Ignore pain as well as many otehr super high variance abilities are extremely annoying to exist in the game. and I would be all for removing them. But that is a deviation from the "balance Goal".
    Last edited by Waterd; 10-08-2017 at 09:47 PM.

My suggested changes to Ellien:
    Change fireblast to: Phoenix Force: Instead of attacking with ellien, you may choose a Common Phoenix Elf Unit with an attack value of 1 that is within 2 clear straight line spaces of Ellien. If that unit places a wound marker on a card this turn with an attack, place an additional wound marker on that card.

This helps with a couple of issues.
    -Fireblast is boring this is not
    -Ellien has an incentive to do more than just sit behind walls
    -Vastly improves his base commons Guardian and Archer.
    -Because the later point, Ellien opening is no longer killing 3 units of his.
    -This give him a slowgame weapon vs slow decks
    -Buffs ellien as to allow to replace Magic drain with something not so insane.

Suggestions to replace Magic drain:
    Phoenix BOMB: Choose a square on the battlefield. At the beginning of the next turn, place a wound marker on any card on that square, and any card on an adjacent square.
    Phoenix Soul: Until the beginning of your next turn, if a common unit you control would be destroyed, place that card in your hand.
    Magic drain: Until the beginning of your next turn, when a common unit you control attacks an enemy wall, you may take a card from the top of that opponet's magic pile and place it on top of your magic pile

Phoenix bomb would help offensive by creating pressure on the defensiv elines.
    Phoenix soul is the one I like less but i find so weird the phoenix faction has no "revive" skills for the most part. This woudl also allow ellien to be careless with commons for 1 turn which can help to mount an offensive.

Magic drain is good in the sense that it wouldn't require to change setup card, and really maybe all magic drains can be replaced with this magic drain.

I love Phoenix Force, Waterd. I think I prefer Phoenix Bomb the most for the MD suggestions because it is the most interesting, but I wonder if there is yet a better ability.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast