Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone giving some Summoner wars a repainting.

Default Someone giving some Summoner wars a repainting.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3748867/summoner-wars
    Someone in BGG is doing some repainting of some units in SW and they are SPECTACULAR.
    It seems the person to go for a remix/remaster/New faction custom art. At the very least, check it out.

These are awesome, thanks for posting. Maybe he can do a cherubim and I can reprint

This was the art the game deserved.

wow! Can we hook up this guy with the Phoenix elves guy and make a whole new art

My thought exactly, lol.

Kermit sent me the pdf of the files. He said he printed them on very thin paper and spray-mounted to his cards. Waiting for details on those. PM with your email if you'd like me to send you the pdfs. He did really great work, highly recommend you take a look.

Garrett Kaida has updated his repainting with benders.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3815873/summoner-wars

Awesome!
    Last edited by Batou31; 11-05-2017 at 04:23 AM.

I like the new art for summoner wars, but his work is just 10/10

Most of the cards are just superb, but his choice is often very strange. I would prefer to really redo the artwork of the "bad" original artworks.

Now I know this is just personal preference, but I for example like the current "Shadow warrior, Master Bullok, Sand Drake, Blooddrake and Shifter. I actually prefer the original ones instead of his versions.

Then we have some artwork, I'm liking the current one but his version is much much better (Sirens, Lem, Honor guard, Puppet master). And then I'm super excited about his work on units where I really don't like the current artwork and most of them are also very very good (Saturos, Uriel, Zhant, Woeful brothers, ... I guess Shiva as well, though the nice face doesn't fit so well)

Overall I'd love him to redo more of the "awful" artwork like .... tadaaaa Cherubs and Korbolden. I also don't like the artwork of some of the Alliance summoners (especially the eye glow) and there are plenty of ugly units (unfortunately I dislike his deep dragons even so the original artwork is also not so good)

Thanks for posting Batou!

To me, his Puppet Master, Siren, and Lem are incredible and so much better than originals. Lem especially blew me away. It finally convinced me Lem could be Bender.

I'm also really impressed his ability to identify a faction's aesthetic theme and make new work that fits that theme. After his illustrations I realized how lots of the new work doesn't fit with a faction's aesthetic theme. For example, Shiva's originals didn't look Bender, or at least not as Bendery as this new art.

I basically echo jwalker's feeling to see new art for what I perceive is the game's worst: Cherubim, Ret-Talus, Glurblub, Melundak. Still hoping he'll get to some of those! But Garrett Kaida clearly has a far more sophisticated eye than me and his own personal preference. I'm just happy we're finally seeing good art for this game.
    Last edited by commandercool; 11-06-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast