Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Fighting the dice, a easy and effective way to compensate for dice luck?

Dice cards becomes manipulable, you count cards, and do attacks to nothing to clean the deck when unfavorable, etc..i don't think its a good system

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Dice cards becomes manipulable, you count cards, and do attacks to nothing to clean the deck when unfavorable, etc..i don't think its a good system
    We use them, but only when attacking enemies. During attacks on friendly units, any walls and special abilities we use dice. It works very well.

jwalker and I've been playing a very simple, unintrusive, and mild rule that's worked well:

- 0/3+ "normal consecutive attack misses" during your turn (a miss during an attack that is also 1-2 within any number of consecutive attacks) = re-roll 1 die
    - if for every 6 dice rolls you roll no normal misses within any number of consecutive attacks during your turn = re-roll 1 die
    Last edited by commandercool; 04-30-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Last night I've played with dice cards.
    48 cards (a pack of 24 (4*6) cards stacked with another pack of 24 cards) for each player.

No other rules.
    It works fine.

Of course, players have a "feeling" of what will come next (misses or success), but that's all. Our minds were focused on the game more than on the dice cards pile.

I addition, drawing dice cards is even easier and faster than throwing dices.
    Last edited by Batou31; 10-25-2018 at 06:51 AM.

There is an interesting option with dice cards.
    They can be mixed with standard dices.
    A player can uses normal dices VS a player who uses dice cards.

And to go further, even the way dice cards are shuffled can be different for both players as they want.
    Last edited by Batou31; 11-03-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910