Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asmodee Digital Now Publishing Some Playdek Apps

Default Asmodee Digital Now Publishing Some Playdek Apps

Hello PHG,
    I have to believe that you are aware of the news below:
    https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/6...e-playdek-apps
    Given that you are also part of the Asmodee family, should we be expecting something similar for the Summoner Wars app at some point?
    Thanks!

It's official: Asmodee Digital has taken over distribution of 3 Playdek Apps:
    Twilight Struggle, Ascension and... Summoner Wars

http://www.asmodee-digital.com/en/

Not sure yet what this means in terms of future development...

The Asmodee website link for Summoner Wars goes to Google Play store (ie Android version). The list of Asmodee games on the Apple App Store includes Ascension and Twlight Struggle, but not Summoner Wars.

I am confused...

I couldn't find an actual press release or anything, but the following article seems to imply that this is intentional, at least for the moment. I can't imagine that either Asmodee or Playdek would think it is a good idea to split the Android and iOS Summoner Wars communities so I think we have to just wait and see how it all plays out.

"Asmodee Digital announced a partnership with Playdek that brings three games under their umbrella, effective immediately: Summoner Wars (Google Play), Ascension and Twilight Struggle (Google Play, iTunes, Steam)." -- https://geekdad.com/2017/09/re-roll-51/

Double posting because a few days have elapsed since my last post... I reached out to Playdek (and Asmodee) and Playdek responded. In particular:

"The iOS version of Summoner Wars is also now published through Asmodee, but we weren't able to move the app on the AppStore because apps with iCloud data cannot be moved. We'll address that at a future time."

Unfortunately, I failed to ask what Asmodee had in store for the app and the rep didn't volunteer any information...

Guys, thanks for the posts!

Here is what I got from Playdek today:

Thanks for your support of Summoner Wars!

Asmodee is still working on the press release with the details on the partnership.

Playdek is still responsible for the development of the app going forward, but the partnership will allow us to make some much needed improvements to it, which should include additional faction decks.

Unfortunately, Summoner Wars isn't the only game included in this partnership, so we'll have to work with them to determine the order in which we'll be updating our apps.

Thanks for your patience,
    Playdek

They actually replied within 30mins of my email to them...

i wonder if there is any chance the add some optional rules, that would be awesome, i think soon i will contact them talking for the possiblity to add "no mercenary/No rallul mercenaries" "open build" "some inevitability rule" And lastly super unlikely but it seems hope should never die "some Extra magic/aggro rule like magic wall"
    All this as optional of course

I agree with Waterd. While I would love to get more summoners on the app, the healthiest thing they could do is apply some match preference options to queued games. Right now too many players get sick of units like Rune Mages, Apprentice Mages, Stone Golems and Etch showing up outside of Rallul and creating a negative play experience. I also think an undo button would be greatly appreciated by almost everyone.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

If you guys get this going and need more influence with them, let me know. I can try to push them a bit.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast