Thread: I opened a game store North of Chicago!

Default I opened a game store North of Chicago!

Hey everyone!

Been awhile since I posted much here, probably because we didn't make any patches for Sneeks IRL.

But in any case, I opened a store up in Gurnee, IL. (Look for The Gaming Goat Gurnee on FB or Twitter)

We don't currently carry any Summoner Wars stuff (although we do have Ashes and some other more recent PHG titles), but I could get some if needed, and our prices are always comparable to online.

Is there any interest in having a live tournament up here at some point?

We already have a scheduled board game night every Wednesday at 7 PM. And plenty of open gaming space at any other time. Feel free to come out!

That's a lie, Sneeks got lurkers, which is probably the biggest boost to sneeks he ever received since release.

Congratulations! Very exciting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    That's a lie, Sneeks got lurkers, which is probably the biggest boost to sneeks he ever received since release.
    I may need to come out of retirement then.

If anyone in the area wants to play me, come over on Wednesday night.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Congrats again, man! I'll totally drop by if I'm ever back that way.

And you definitely need to try out the Lurkers... I think when you can utilize them, they're a massive improvement to Sneeks.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

To get the most out of Lurkers, do you guys tend to put some Cave Filth in there to avoid paying for the Lurkers?

I'd put in about 4 Prisoners. Blarf also helps. If you have x magic, put x magic under Blarf and Lurker is free.

I do not put cave filth, however i can see a very cavefilth based sneeks to be viable in certain matches, i just didn't try it. Blarf does help, but I really don't think its needed. You just have to be more aware of how yo build magic. But even at 1 magic, they are ok, is just that at 0 magic they are the best common sneeks ever had. Having twice as resilant goblins, allow you to crowd better and have better options for ganging up. You can play a few berzerkers/oafs/wall climbers, to have somehwhere to spend the extra magic. Berzekers still agre great in matchups of attrition, oafs are good to help the crowding and wall climbers give sneeks some decent options. In some matchups i run something like Something like 6 Lurkers, 1 Fighter, 2 slingers, 1 wall climber, 1 Oaf, 1 Clinger, Mook, Smeedge, Blarf. Just to give an example.
    The last time i played Sneeks, I played vs grog and won using the following lineup.
    The feeder, Blarf, Mook. 6xLurker, 4x Slingers, 2x Fighter.
    We played no mercs, limited commons, inevitability walls. I don't remmeber the exact lineup of grog, but I think it was something like Krung, Rukkar, Blagog, 4x Smasher, 4x Berzerker, 2x Shooter 3x Thwarter .
    And the feeder and lurkers were the king of the matchup, i played a slow game pushing with feeder in what i call the battleship, feeder on the middle, sorrounded by slingers and using lurkers on the fronts. It was a close game though that the feeder won by slugging it out vs Krung and grog. But having lurkers that survive shards, and are not easily one shoot by smashers and berzerkers, was really the key.
    With Feeder and Mook as support, you would be surprised how you can slug it out vs tundra orcs champions.
    Last edited by Waterd; 07-26-2017 at 10:15 PM.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Putting in Prisoners + Scabbicus or just even Soul Eater is probably solid. However, I've just liked going with Lurkers / Blarf / Smeege / Mook. I've found that you can usually get Sneeks' magic pile to zero that way which makes the Lurkers free anyways.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!