Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New summoners vassal tourney

I'm on vassal now.

Results against owlord: 2-1

1. My Scraven beats his Brath
    2. My Farrah loses to his Meda
    3. My Natazga beats his Saturos

Thanks for the games owlord. Well played. I had some good dice in critical spots. You had one huge turn in first game where I think you went 6/6 to one-turn my Sand Wyrm the first turn it was out. I had that huge turn in last game where you whiffed on VW and I proceeded to Erosion, 6 auto wounds and 3 VWs.

Thoughts
    - Go right at Saturos. Pretty weak if forced to defend on his side
    - Natazga Wall destruction can work.
    - Nat economy partly depends on dice rolls.
    - I don't like Savager in Nat. I like Swamp archer, skull taker, and swordsman. I also like glarg and prong. Zur Lak could work if your only champ. Skkursh interesting in game where you know you need to assassinate
    - Scraven is really good. I think it maybe goes Meda/Farrah, then Scraven, then brath.
    - Little Meda is even better than scraven I think. I too think she maybe is best of new summoners, maybe even NN level good, but not Tundle or Rallul good
    - Brath is pretty good but probably A-.
    Last edited by commandercool; 09-11-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Thoughts
    - Go right at Saturos. Pretty weak if forced to defend on his side
    - Natazga Wall destruction can work.
    - Nat economy partly depends on dice rolls.
    - I don't like Savager in Nat. I like Swamp archer, skull taker, and swordsman. I also like glarg and prong. Zur Lak could work if your only champ. Skkursh interesting in game where you know you need to assassinate
    - Scraven is really good. I think it maybe goes Meda/Farrah, then Scraven, then brath.
    - Little Meda is even better than scraven I think. I too think she maybe is best of new summoners, maybe even NN level good, but not Tundle or Rallul good
    - Brath is pretty good but probably A-.
    In my game against Waterd I packed 2 Savagers as backup champs, while sticking to ST, SA and swordsman otherwise. I do not regret that one bit.
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

@prome and gojaejin. do you have your results?

@Syurt. I get your point. I find I'm summoning 2 champs max anyway with Nat, so my draws are pretty reliable, and I also prefer to have those champs being able to vinewalk. Splack is maybe better in Nat than Glarg for nice Quagmire turns. Spack VW+ 1-2 Quagmires and FotF may be really devastating. That may be 1 of 2 best combos Nat has. That and x3 2AV units to Erosion a Wall.
    Last edited by commandercool; 09-12-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Round 3 posted. Sorry for the delay guys--I'm moving to a different state tomorrow, that's my priority right now. Also, I never updated from my pre-signups posting: the format is not single elimination, but rather "regular season" and finals. Whoever has best record in your group (if tie, determined by head-to-head record) wins your group and goes on to finals. Due to high amount of games in this format, and also odd number of participants, if it's ok with everyone, this will be the last two weeks of regular season (starting today, meaning that period ends on Sept. 27), and then we'll jump right to the finals. Unfortunately, this means that Group B will have played less games than Group A. If you think it's a little unfair, please post your complaint.

@Prome and gojaejin. Do you have your results?
    Last edited by commandercool; 09-13-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Round 3 posted. Sorry for the delay guys--I'm moving to a different state tomorrow, that's my priority right now. Also, I never updated from my pre-signups posting: the format is not single elimination, but rather "regular season" and finals. Whoever has best record in your group (if tie, determined by head-to-head record) wins your group and goes on to finals. Due to high amount of games in this format, and also odd number of participants, if it's ok with everyone, this will be the last two weeks of regular season (starting today, meaning that period ends on Sept. 27), and then we'll jump right to the finals. Unfortunately, this means that Group B will have played less games than Group A. If you think it's a little unfair, please post your complaint.

@Prome and gojaejin. Do you have your results?
    Ah, I was already confused when I thought Prome kicked me out of the tournament and then I get challenged by Waterd. Not that I'm complaining, mind. MOAR BATTOLZ!

Bumping. KC, just moved, highly unlikely I can play until Thursday/Friday or the weekend. When are you free?

Gojaejin, when shall we meet for glorious battle?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Bumping. KC, just moved, highly unlikely I can play until Thursday/Friday or the weekend. When are you free?
    I should be able to do Thursday or Friday after 8pm EST. I'll be out of town Saturday, but could then do Sunday after 8pm EST.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast