Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Crystal clan the expected summoner wars v2?

Agreed. Thanks Waterd.

Walls are missing also in cc.
    Like peon in chess, walls give the structure of SW game.
    In CC the battlefield are open with nothing immobile and robust enough to creates such a structure.

I expected the game to underperform but not this bad, this game is DOA, few people talk about it, much less play it, i'm sad, im probably the one that is in the end playing it more, I don't know why is doing so bad, the game isn't THAT BAD. I think it's a good game, jeez.

I understand Plaid Hat didn't have the infrastructure or partnerships to sink as much cash and skill into SW's marketing (better name, better unit names), business planning, art, development (contracted gamed designers to better avoid design flaws), as Crystal Clans, but it's hard to imagine SW would not have been a lasting and more commercially successful game.
    Last edited by commandercool; 06-06-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Few advantages SW has over CC as a game for popularity imo

CC is heavier: CC is way harder to get into, despite what people my initially think. CC is a really heavy game compared to SW, the amount of information one has to know and even handle during game is really overwhelming. Ive many time critized PHG for not releasing card AIDS for CC. SW has some fan made player aids that are widely used and CC needs them WAY more than SW. And knowing all cards is even more important in CC because...

...CC is less Forgiven: The dice system in SW makes it so a calculation mistake only means things are more likely to go wrong, but you can still 666 and do well or 111 and do terrible. In CC a calculation mistakes is brutal, if the opponent has 22 life and you did 21 it's brutal.

CC has less handicap: In SW I win 90% of games vs beginners, but i still lose a 10% of the game by luck. Even games where i win they feel "if i just rolled a little better here". As players start to become better people start taking 1 or 2 games every 10 games. SW gives hope. In CC i utterly crush every beginner and they realize they never had a chance. in CC if a player is better than another, looking at 5-0 scenarios, should be your expectation. I can 10-0 easily any beginner no problem.

CC is even less simulator and more math intensive: CC feels like a really euro combat game, which makes it a niche. CC you are CONSTANTLY doing arithmetics, i feel i do more arithmetics in CC than in Terra Mystica or power grid. SW is fitting for peopel that like to choose an army and just smash against each other, even if you really try , it never feels sastyfing to do so in CC, you always realize that if you do a little more arithmetics, your army would completly overwhelm the opponent.

CC Theme and game are contradictory. This has been pointed in many places, but it looks like a light game, where it's a heavy game, i think it was a big mistake and will confuse buyers all over the place.
    Last edited by Waterd; 06-06-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Sadly I have to admit I'm extremely addicted to the game, but nobody in my group is, most are like "why are playing this instead of Summoner wars/Nexus ops/Neurshima hex?", the few that play me do it almost for me. I feel terrible frustrated having nobody to play in my group or over the internet.

The other really huge advantage of SW, in terms of accessibility, is that it's really easy as an expert to give a novice an extremely strong matchup versus your own build, and then try your absolute best to overcome that handicap and win, thus both players having fun.

I like CC. B
    I find it really difficult to read (for example what is the attack / defense value of an opponent squad).

And each time you want to attack it takes a lot of time to analyze strengths /weaknesses and to decide how to organize the attack.

As waterd wrote : CC looks simple but in reality requires a lot of arithmetics.
    Last edited by Batou31; 06-08-2018 at 01:39 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234