Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Crystal clan the expected summoner wars v2?

Default Is Crystal clan the expected summoner wars v2?

Crystal clans seems to be summoner wars v2.0 with expected fixes:
    - No more dices
    - No more damage tokens
    - Girls oriented
    And still with
    - faction / common / 3 heroes
    - 1 ability per faction
    - 27 cards in draft pile, 5 per hands, discard pile ...
    - in SW you have 7*8 =56 cases/ slots and in CC 9*2*3=54 slots(each zone may contains up to 6 cards).
    - Oriented to be app compiant.
    - Same complexity/duration(I think)

... and a lot of good new ideas...

Summoner wars RIP.

Only advantages for SW:
    can be played 2 vs 2.
    Walls are a brilliant idea and don't exist in Crystal clans. (But some mechanisms compensate)

I wish the best (ie, the perfect balance ) for this summoner wars inheritor.
    Last edited by Batou31; 07-07-2017 at 02:45 AM.

That was my thought too. And there's summoning. Factions are rebranded as clans.

Joe commented that they're not the same, but i think there's way too much similarity to see it's a completely new game.
    And I'd be fine with that.

Yes. Strategically, Plaid hat games prefers to sale 2 distinct games.
    But a new customer will choose CC instead of SW.
    (Except if CC is a failure)
    Last edited by Batou31; 05-28-2017 at 11:44 PM.

7*8?
    6*8

I think comparing CC with SW is like comparing Ashes with Magic. Sure it will be similar to SW cause its same type of game..
    but...

-Initiative instead of Magic Pile,
    -only 1 action per turn- you need to menage when you want to draw,
    -no event/spell cards,
    .... etc. etc.

there are more differences than similarities.

It will be totally different game and I will hope it will steal my heart.
    Last edited by owlord; 06-07-2017 at 04:31 PM.

yes 6*8. so 48 vs 54.

magic and ashes have different editors.
    Plaid hat didn't give news on SW for a while and they work on CC which has exactly the same format than SW.
    They know that new players will choose CC instead of SW. They just want an extended audience for CC (players who hate dices, girls)

CC has good inovations, but as it can be expected from a SW2.
    Last edited by Batou31; 06-08-2017 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by owlord View Post
    It will be totally different game and I will hope it will steal my heart.
    Man, that's how I feel, too. I'm very excited to see more of CC, esp since KC says that some of Plaid Hat's most dedicated players are testing it.

I will buy ... the app.

I have learned the lesson with SW, I have now an unsupported pile of cards, never again!

I sadly laugh out loud.

You're right. Looking at the lack of support the other games have gotten, it's a miracle SW even made it this far. At this point, Plaid Hat has the burden of proof. They have a model where they release and abandon. I too don't want to invest money in a game with no support. I'll wait for the app.

I'm going to go ahead and strongly disagree on the support. SW had great support (albeit poor tournament support); the game (minus balance issues) is very complete right now. I don't see a need for anything new to be added; I would, of course, have liked them to go back and fix some of the balance issues.

As for their other games, it all depends on how good the game is. Dead of Winter is pretty clearly their most popular game, and another expansion is going to release. Mice and Mystics had 2 expansions, and I would like more, but I don't think they've given up on it; I imagine more is in the works. Tail Feathers was a major disappointment to me as I play X-Wing, and imo TF just isn't as good. Ashes is of course getting tremendous support, despite that it isn't really my cup of tea. They're releasing another game in the same universe as Dead of Winter and Specter Ops in Shadowrun: Crossfire, which gives me hope that we may yet see a Specter Ops expansion.

Their only really unsupported games at this point are games that, personally, I don't feel are that great. I've played most of the games in the Plaid Hat catalogue. Of course, it is all subjective, but I'd hardly say it's a release and abandon model.
    Orc.....Elf.....Army.....One
    OrcElfArmyOne on Heroscapers, iOS, and Vassal as well.

Gotta say, I'm very disappointed with Sinlore. A Champ of that swinginess and power that they're balancing mechanic is an auto-loss depending on card draw? I do not like that at all.
    Orc.....Elf.....Army.....One
    OrcElfArmyOne on Heroscapers, iOS, and Vassal as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast