Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring vassal tournament

Awesome! Thanks gojaejin.

I'd like to make an announcement that this tournament will begin on Saturday, April 15th.

I'm in with my Frick and Bolvi

Awesome! Glad to have you Owlord! Any chance you might be able to get some of the Poland crew to join? I know you guys love SW--the more the merrier!

OK, I'm interested (mostly to test out these fancy card changes you magnificent bastards have cooked up).

Sera Eldwyn and Marek.

I am curious about Time Machine: is the event ability discarded when the unit get's shoved back into the draw pile (of the top of my head I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be, but it never hurts to ask).
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

Whoa ho ho! Syurt there it is! You're down for Sera and Marek. Glad to have you join! And you flatter us, though it sounds like you many of the changes, and I'm glad to hear that!

On Time Machine the answer is that the EA is discarded per the EA rules. Time Machine is a prometheuslkr design, and I really have to give him credit for an inventive design, name (great reference to Furz's machine at: https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/49), and simplicity/elegance (especially the part on what happens to the EA).

Come on out and sign up for this tournament! This is maybe the last big thing in SW, your voice matters--even if you don't think you can compete! It'll still be helpful to hear what you think about the cards: whether they feel like plaid hat cards, whether they're thematic, whether they help achieve the desired buff/nerf. It'll also help Waterd, owlord, and Prometheuslkr observe the erratas in action.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Whoa ho ho! Syurt there it is! You're down for Sera and Marek. Glad to have you join! And you flatter us, though it sounds like you many of the changes, and I'm glad to hear that!

On Time Machine the answer is that the EA is discarded per the EA rules. Time Machine is a prometheuslkr design, and I really have to give him credit for an inventive design, name (great reference to Furz's machine at: https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/49), and simplicity/elegance (especially the part on what happens to the EA).
    Agreed, Time Machine is an awesome idea (and a nice callback to that hilarious short story with Krusk). Despite the fact that I normally hate time travel as a narrative device (but that is another subject).

Since I tried my own hand at some ideas for homebrew variants, I'm very interested in how what you guys cooked up works in the field. My standard target for this always remains precise, because I'm a broken record sometimes, But I'm glad to see that at least goblin invincibility has evaded my most hated ability (I feel like Cloak of shadows could use a similar buff).
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

I have 0 idea if I can do this, but I would really like to.

Ima say yes for now.

It should all work out fine, right? What could go wrong.

I will think about deck stuffs.

Crap, I have no idea what the meta is like anymore...
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

I will try as well!

We're really happy to have both of you (Uncleeurope, even just tentatively)! It's aweomse to have two guys that have been around this game for a long time!

@Uncleeurope: you might just end up playing many of the matchups you know well (sans new errata)! Also, even though the newest second summoners does it again, and may be somewhat of an equalizer!

As a general point to everyone, the original post in this thread needs to be updated and has some outdated information regarding some of the summoners and rules. I'll update today.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast