Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring vassal tournament

Default Spring vassal tournament

Hey everyone! I'd like to administer a Vassal tournament.

PRIZE
    - First place prize of three single summoner packs (not alliances, master set, etc.) of your choosing through Plaid Hat. Normal shipping rates.

FORMAT
    1. Start. April 15th. The cutoff to declare your intent to participate is April 14th at 11:59 pm. You may declare your summoners any time afterward as long as your first opponent gets 2 days advance notice.
    2. Grouping. There will be two randomly selected groups. Each player will play every other player in his group during what I'll refer to as the "regular season." The two players in each group with the best records will advance to a "postseason," a single-elimination bracket. Head-to-head record will determine any tiebreakers. In the single elimination bracket, the matchups will be determined by seedings. Each player will be seeded according to his record. The number one player in the first group will face the number two player from the second group. The winners of the semifinals will advance to the final round.
    3. Time to complete each match. For each match, the contestants have one week to complete that match, with a one day grace period. In other words, there's one week per matchup. For example, if you have 3 regular season matchups, then you have 3 weeks total for those regular season matchups. If a match is not played in time, including the one day grace period, please message me privately: if you are not the party "at fault" for the match not being played, please tell me and the other party will be deemed to have forfeited and you will get a win.
    4. Simultaneous and advance notice to opponent. At least 2 days prior to a match, both players in that match must simultaneously disclose to each other the summoner that they will play that match with. Each player may waive his right to have the other's summoner disclosed. Each player may also waive his right for simultaneous disclosure.
    5. Use of chosen summoners. In the regular season, you must use each summoner you selected once (see rules below on summoner selection). In the postseason, there is no requirement that you have to use each summoner you selected once--you can use the same summoner in both the semifinals and the finals.

RULES ERRATA TO NOTE
    1. Attack Phase. At the end of your Attack Phase, if you did not attack an enemy card, place a Wound on a Wall or summoner that you control
    2. Deckbuilding. In a custom deckbuild, you cannot include: with a summoner that is not a Mercenary, any copy of a Mercenary Unit, unless that Mercenary Unit has the Faction Symbol of a Unit that may be included in a custom deck for that summoner; more copies of a Unit than are included in the summoner or reinforcement set that Unit was released with, unless that Unit is a Mercenary with a Faction Symbol
    3. Ice and Vine Walls. Ice and Vine Walls cannot be affected by any card effect that an opponent controls.
    4. Boosts. At any time during your Summon Phase, with any Unit you control that may be boosted, you may pay the Boost Cost associated with that Unit by spending Magic Points equal to that Unit's Boost Cost. The Summon Cost of a boosted Unit is considered to be its Summon Cost plus its Boost Cost.
    5. Mutations. When placing a new Mutation on a Mutated Unit, move all Wound Markers over to the new Mutation: if a Mutation is destroyed as a result, that Mutation and all cards under that Mutation are discarded.
    6. Upgrades. As long as an Upgrade card is under a Unit, that Unit has the Special Ability granted by that Upgrade and cannot be affected by card effects an opponent controls. When a Unit you control that has an Upgrade card underneath it is destroyed, that Upgrade card goes to your Discard Pile

SUMMONER SELECTION
    1. Real errata cards. Cards from the real errata card project will be used. See a tournament finalized list of that errata here HERE, or view pictures of those tournament finalized errata HERE.
    2. Summoner choice. Everyone must choose two summoners, at least one of which must be: Abua Shi; Bolvi; Endrich; Farrah Oathbreaker; Grognack; Hogar; Krusk with Dinky; Mad Sirian with Corpse Wyrm; Malenatar; Marek; Melundak; Nikuya Na with Jujugara; Oldin; Rallul; Sera Eldwyn; Sneeks; Tacullu; The Demagogue; The Warden with The Soul Eater; or Tundle with Lun. These are the summoners whose power levels are targeted by errata.

VASSAL INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Updated SW Module. You must have two files downloaded. First, make sure that you have the latest SW module with the last second summoners. If you don't have that file, download it HERE. If you already have that file and have opened that module at leasts once, skip to step 3.
    2. Open updated SW Module at least once. If you did not have the latest version of that SW module, open that SW module on VASSAL once, then exit out, back to the VASSAL Module Library.
    3. Errata files download. Download my VASSAL file that contains the errata cards HERE.
    4. Errata files setup. Open VASSAL Module Library (the first screen that pops up when you open Vassal) but do not open the SW module. Right click the SW module and select, "Add Extension." Select the Real errata file that you downloaded. A load bar will pop up. Once that's finished, the errata file has been installed. Now, open the SW module: the errata files will be available within the SW module. To access the errata cards, go to the drop down selection bar for cards, where you select summoner. All the way tat the bottom of that dropdown list you will see an "Errata." Click that. Once you've clicked "Errata," you'll see all the errata organized in the right-hand column by category or summoner. Click on the category or summoner you want to expand and the cards will show up. You can then drag and drop those cards onto the game board.
    5. Errata files each time you log in. Once you've completed steps 1-4, the errata will automatically load each time that you log onto VASSAL. However, you'll notice that a adding the errata file will create a new folder on your desktop titled, "Summoner-Wars-4.0-homemadebytyt_ext" If you move or rename that folder or any files within that folder, you will have to repeat step 4.
    Last edited by commandercool; 04-17-2017 at 11:48 AM.

STANDINGS
    Group A
    - Waterd: Warden, Queen Maldaria: 1-3
    - gojaejin: 0-3
    - commandercool: Farrah Oathbreaker, Melundak: 1-2
    - massimo: Malenatar, Nikuya Na: 3-1
    - EnterMatrix: Abua Shi, Hogar: 4-0

Group B
    - owlord: Frick, Bolvi: 3-1
    - KBurg7: Mad Sirian, Endrich: 1-2
    - prometheuslkr: Little Meda, Marek: 3-1
    - Uncleeurope: Sneeks, Ret-Talus: 1-2
    - Syurtpiutha: Sera Eldwyn, Marek: 1-3

SCHEDULE
    Week 1 (April 16-22)
    - Waterd beats gojaejin by forfeit.
    - massimo's Malenatar loses to EnterMatrix's Abua Shi
    - owlord Frick beats KBurg7's Mad Sirian.
    - prometheuslkr's Little Meda beats Uncleeurope's Ret-Talus

Week 2 (April 23-29)
    - Waterd forfeits to commandercool
    - gojaejin forfeits to massimo
    - owlord's Frick beats prometheuslkr's Little Meda
    - Uncleeurope's Sneeks loses to Syurtpiutha's Sera Eldwyn

Week 3 (April 30-May 6)
    - gojaejin forfeits to EnterMatrix
    - commandercool's Farrah loses to massimo's Malenatar
    - owlord's Bolvi loses to Uncleeurope's Ret-Talus
    - Syurtpiutha's Marek loses to KBurg7's Endrich

Week 4 (May 7-13)
    - Waterd forfeits to massimo
    - commandercool's Melundak loses to EnterMatrix's Hogar
    - owlord Frick beats Syurpiutha's Marek
    - prometheuslkr's Marek beats KBurg7's Mad Sirian

Week 5 (May 14-20)
    - Waterd forfeits to EnterMatrix
    - commandercool v. gojaejin
    - KBurg7 v. Uncleeurope
    - prometheuslkr's Little Meda beats Syurtpiutha's Sera.

Semifinals (May 21-May 27)
    - owlord wins by massimo forfeit
    - EnterMatrix's Hogar loses to prometheuslkr's Little Meda

Finals (May 28-June 5)
    - prometheuslkr's Little Meda beats owlord's Frick
    Last edited by commandercool; 06-02-2017 at 09:49 PM.

[This post is also reserved]

[This post is reserved, too]

I will play, hope we can get a decent number of players.

I'm proud to announce that Waterd will be guiding the errata project and in charge of balancing the changes.

Also...
    Come on guys, come out for this! There have been a lot of people that have complained about some of the problems with this game. This is a way to be involved in real, inevitable, actual, will-happen change! We will fix many of the balancing problems of this game!

Also...
    The prize has been upped to three single summoner packs.

I would like to test the errata also, but... shouldn/t the project be finished before organizing the tournament?

I'll play. Using Little Meda and Marek, want to see how my strongest and weakest summoners do here. I will say though, I fundamentally don't like restricting Rallul units to only Rallul instead of all Mercenary summoners. I don't see why every other alliance summoner but Glurblub should be deckbuilding with 5 decks and he only gets to deckbuild with 4. Same with every other faction summoner but Farrah Oathbreaker deckbuilding with 3 decks and she only gets to deckbuild with 2.
    Last edited by prometheuslkr; 03-27-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    I would like to test the errata also, but... shouldn/t the project be finished before organizing the tournament?
    Hey lcanela, you make a very good point. The project, however, is quite close to being finished. I have to make some photoshop changes today, and pending Waterd's final decision about just a few cards, it will be finished. I'd say just a few days. It will be finished before the tournament has begun, and until that time, all players are allowed to change their mind about summoners. I've posted the tournament at this point to start trying to gather support right away.

@Prome and lcanela. Glad to have you guys join! Thanks!
    Last edited by commandercool; 03-27-2017 at 02:25 PM.

I'm in! :-)

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast