Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Real errata--master thread

Part of the task here, too, is to identify, very carefully and precisely the exact sources of power to a super strong summoner, and then nerf that summoner's power without nerfing non-super strong summoners, if possible. One of the tricks is if a nerf can be done in 1 card as opposed to more than 1, to do that. For example, Nikuya Na: Jujugara is the big source of his power. Nikuya Na is also a strong fighting unit with his abilities and statline. However, you can push all of the nerf of Nikuya Na into Jujugara I think, without killing Jujugara. One trick to doing this is to just target that summoner's summoner unit or events.

Of course, same goes for the UP summoners: can't buff the weak summoners that we're targeting. Easy way to do this is to modify those summoner's summoner units and events.
    Last edited by commandercool; 03-15-2017 at 05:06 PM.

For now, we debate and wait.

One thing, though, is while these physical errata cards aren't a sure thing, Vassal edits are a sure thing. I've learned how to do that and can send the link to others on how to do that, too. Because if this is going to be a thing, I'm not going to do all the lifting myself. Unless you want to wait a year from now. Moreover, it's the human aspect: the more anyone offers to be of assistance, the more another will be willing to listen.

Jujugara is still a card the beginner won't understand use to its max potential, but experienced player will still play with every time.
    Last edited by commandercool; 03-15-2017 at 08:24 PM.

One clever way to solve the Godshome v. Magic Pulse debate.

Look to Rallul himself. Make it on his ability that his Attack Value may never be more than 8 or something like that. I'm going to put that on the list for now, noting that it's kind of an arbitrary number.

This is less desirable than limiting each Magic Pulse to something like +5 IN TERMS ONLY OF making it harder for Rallul to one-shot win.
    Last edited by commandercool; 03-15-2017 at 06:05 PM.

I'm removing the restriction on Rallul because it feels strange and I'm convinced that this goes too far. I think the best choice IS a compromise by nerfing Magic Pulse and Fury of Godshome.

If it turns out that Oldin's considered too strong, Gror-bomb is the perfect target. Depending on the power needed to nerf Oldin and Oldin alone one of the following is perfect:
    (1) Gror's AV can't be increased by more than 2.
    (2) Gror's AV can't be increased by more than 1.

Here's a really elegant rule that: (1) dispels Ret-Talus event change, by getting rid of Ret-Lock, and subtracting 2 cards from the total, bc it can be added to a "deckbuild rule card" (more generic than a mercenary deckbuilding rule card); and (2) improves word economy of faction symbol rule.

No more than 6 of any 1 Unit in a deckbuild. I'm not sure how this effects any of the summoners. No energy to do that analysis tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Here's a really elegant rule that: (1) dispels Ret-Talus event change, by getting rid of Ret-Lock, and subtracting 2 cards from the total, bc it can be added to a "deckbuild rule card" (more generic than a mercenary deckbuilding rule card); and (2) improves word economy of faction symbol rule.

No more than 6 of any 1 Unit in a deckbuild. I'm not sure how this effects any of the summoners. No energy to do that analysis tonight.
    what I normally use as a rule is that no more than 6 of any unit is allowed in the draw pile (so that you dont affect summoners that might have 7+ of a unit in their base deck).

These are the preliminary results of the survey:

Rallul 6.33
    Tundle 6.15
    The Demagogue 6.04
    Krusk 6.00
    Tacullu 5.98
    Nikuya Na 5.96
    Oldin 5.86
    Grognack 5.51
    RetTalus 5.20
    Farrah Oathbreaker 5.15
    Little Meda 5.14
    Mugglug 5.04
    Moyra Skylark 4.81
    The Warden 4.79
    Brath 4.76
    Prince Elien 4.65
    Frick 4.53
    Scraven 4.33
    Saturos 4.32
    Immortal Elien 4.26
    Vlox 4.21
    Samuel Farthen 4.00
    Glurblub 3.98
    Selundar 3.95
    Shiva 3.87
    Jexik 3.76
    Sunderved 3.75
    Natazga 3.70
    Torgan 3.69
    Melundak 3.50
    Queen Maldaria 3.45
    Malenatar 3.45
    Abua Shi 3.43
    Mad Sirian 3.31
    Endrich 3.31
    Hogar 3.12
    Marek 3.08
    Sneeks 2.80
    Sera Eldwyn 2.67
    Bolvi 1.98

The approach i would use is:

1- Nerf OP well known champs (Dinky, Turt, Baldar, etc...)
    2- Calculate the impact of these changes to all the summoners in which they can be included.
    3- Replace/modify CUE's (MD), Annoying OP events (Freeze, Fury of God..., etc) with new events balancing according the results obtained in step 2.
    4 - If after all steps above, still some summoners are OP/UP nerf/boost accordingly (Via event or base stats depending on which one makes more sense.
    5- Once we have a decent idea of what will be done, make these changes available on Vassal and test.
    6- When they look ok, lets proceed to make real copies of these cards. Also in parallel I would say lets ask PHG to think of making it themselves (long shot, but is for free, nothing is lost for asking).

Does it make sense?

Some Ideas I have for Grognack:

Goal, nerf him a little, and try to make him more offensive or at least not so strong defensively:

1 Freeze:

- Spatial limitation to grognack to be played, i.e. Freeze can only be used to a unit which is 3 spaces away from Grog.
    - Maybe a little crazy, but remove the economic part of the event by adding that the unit unfreezes if Grog is not at least 3 spaces from such unit. would this force Grog to be more offensive?
    - Thought of addin this sentence to freeze. If Grognak is adjacent to a frozen unit, such unit is considered to be an ice wall. I kind of like this idea because now it makes sense to have Grognack in the battle, but also you need to be careful as the opponent can just pay to unfreeze and that unit will be adjacent to grognack.

I have an idea to replace all reinforcements in all decks as i hate CUE's.

Reinforcement: Place a Common unit from your hand adjacent to a wall or common unit you control.

- Removes CUE.
    - Seems balanced in power compared to the original one as it is only 1 unit instead of 2, but that unit can be placed next to a common you control.
    - Could promote offensive tactics (assasination).
    - Promotes common units.
    - Synergism with the idea above of making frozen units adjacent to Grognack to be ice walls.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast