Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596

Thread: Real errata--master thread

So far we really like the new Mal suite. Very fun, very thematic, can still play strong offense, is no longer steamroll frustrating for the opponent (which is good).

We’re just polishing it up. We also have to slightly modify the set up as it’s broken against Ret Talus and summoners with similar weak starting setups and mediocre or worse summoners as fighting units.

We’ve tested against Mugglug and Ret Talus so far. As I’ve alluded to, the Ret Talus game is better than the original, however, it’s still broken in Mals favor so we’re working on a setup change for Mal. The Mugglug game was originally terrible for Mal, and our testing so far is that the matchup is fixed.

Some cool interactions with Mals new ability/statins:
    - buffs Korbolden
    - commanders and unify+Onslaught are stronger on Mal now because of his bow symbol.
    - the base commons seem to benefit the most
    - Ossa can re roll her ability which makes her less variant
    - Bellor! He can re-roll his ability and also push an enemy unit during the enemy’s turn! This is really cool, as Bellor was a bit mediocre and now he can do something REALLY cool and unique that is very dangerous in Mals deck. To do this you’d either have to play unify and have him within 2 spaces of Mal or you’d discard a card.

Hey guys, i think the main stuff is covered. While i think its quite a wall of text and my hasty messages have even more type/spelling mistakes than usual, it's maybe a good idea to showcast how complex some of these errata project processes are.
    Im very optimistic with the current result on malenatar, ending to be a balanced, unique and fun summoner that does not only has this one "bash or fail" stragey anymore.

heyhey,
    I just realized there is indeed one part missing. After we designed malenatar, I was worried about the ability to shoot from 3 squares and then being able to push the enemy unit 1 square. We came up with a much less problematic version and added a feel of "knockaround" and "aspirant ability". I don't have the exact wording here, but maybe commander cool can provide it for us

Malenatar: 2/7 bow
    Shockwave: once during your attack phase when a common unit within 2 spaces of malenatar rolls dices, you may immediately re-roll one dice and move an adjacent unit 1 square.
    You may instead discard a card from your hand to re-roll a dice result of a unit you control.

Now the idea is, that malenatar benefits from attacks of common units and he needs to be close to them (like Sundaved). Not only can you reroll one miss per turn but also push a unit (friend of foe) to do a mini version of the knockaround or to move an adjacent unit up one space for other combo play. With discarding a hand card you can target any unit instead, even malenatar but the ability is still limited to once per turn.

Ice and Vine Walls cannot be affected by any card effect an opponent controls
    Just for clarity, the intent of this rule is to mitigate things like Destabalize, right?
    I just played a fun (non-errata) game Hogar vs. Torgan. In it, Krom was enjoying targetting opponent Runed Ice Golems with Ice Shatter.
    The way the text currently reads, Ice Golems become immune to all manner of effects as soon as they become walls.
    Also, is the text meant to prevent things like Precise from affecting vine/ice walls?
    I think the rule should be rewritten slightly:
    Ice and Vine walls may not the target of any card effect an oppponent controls that refers to ordinary walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
    Just for clarity, the intent of this rule is to mitigate things like Destabalize, right?
    I just played a fun (non-errata) game Hogar vs. Torgan. In it, Krom was enjoying targetting opponent Runed Ice Golems with Ice Shatter.
    The way the text currently reads, Ice Golems become immune to all manner of effects as soon as they become walls.
    Also, is the text meant to prevent things like Precise from affecting vine/ice walls?
    I think the rule should be rewritten slightly:
    Ice and Vine walls may not the target of any card effect an oppponent controls that refers to ordinary walls.
    Hey,
    Yes it was intended that runed ice golems also gain immunity to many effects. The reason is that it first helps the minor walls and simultaneously buffs the ice golem.

Runed ice golems are currently pretty weak, tjey are really bad if nit runed (1melee 3 life and no ability for 2 magic). They become still pretty underwelming once runed, considering the rune is also a card and could be played on a champ unstead. The fact they are nit horrible in hogar is only because hogar (not the ice golems) has an ability that makes them a bit better. We decided to make the golem worth its cost even in other decks, which immensly helped bolvi as well.

Krom got a nice buff in our errata torga and that trick you used would still partially work. You can target an enemy runed golem/ice wall and use kroms ability on it aftwr an attack. If you hit you can still deal damage to adjacent units, however on a miss you cant deal damage to an opponents ice wall/runed golem. If two runed golems are next to esch other, kroms ability cant affect any of them.

See also heavy knight and the faq to the unit, same interaction
    Precise works as usual, as the effect buffs the attacking unit and the affect on the target is still an attack (nit a card effect) see heavy knight here again. Precise does not work on walls or ice walls due to precise text (states units)

Malenatar is finished!

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596