Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast

Thread: Real errata--master thread

We're onto our final phase of the "Deep Benders!"

We finished Farrah and Rallul. We still have to finish Meda, but our next testing session will open the book on the Deep Benders! It's been a long time coming, thanks to all the testing and design help from everyone. This is a big accomplishment to come so far.

question:

Divine Strength. Place this card under a Common Unit you control. When this Unit would be wounded or removed from the Battlefield, discard all cards underneath it. It is not wounded and remains on the Battlefield.

if I use this event on a wounded unit, after 1 attack, the event card is removed and the pre existing wound also disappears?

No, not after one “attack” (it could be attacked but not wounded) but after the first time it would be wounded or removed from the Battlefield (vlox’s assassinate, endrichs gorgons, etc) and then all card under the Unit (this includes the event) is discarded and all pre existing wounds are also removed/“healed.” It’s very powerful on Heavy Knights

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    No, not after one “attack” (it could be attacked but not wounded) but after the first time it would be wounded or removed from the Battlefield (vlox’s assassinate, endrichs gorgons, etc) and then all card under the Unit (this includes the event) is discarded and all pre existing wounds are also removed/“healed.” It’s very powerful on Heavy Knights
    Yes it is powerful, this why I wanted to be sure I understood well. I tested today New Sera (base deck) vs Saturos (base deck), it was balanced, Archers in sera improved a lot with the new setup.

I'll message you my number for whatsapp. whatsapp is best for me to communicate because I'm not on facebook. I'd be happy to play some games and test. Would be great to get you into the fold.

Happy you found Sera to be balanced! Archers do improve a lot with the new setup. They're definitely playable early game competitively, and maybe into the early mid game.

Update: were a couple rounds into testing endrich

Endrich
    55. Endrich. Once per turn at any time, a Unit boosted during this turn may immediately attack.

this sounds too strong... is it working?

@Lcanela. That was an early design of the Endrich ability. I've updated the original post with the ability we're testing.

Endrich updates:
    - Ret-Talus. We tested this matchup several times and we're satisfied that it's balanced.
    - Elien. We started testing this matchup. 50/50 split right now and we're happy so far, but I don't think we're done testing the matchup.
    - Frick. We've only played this matchup once so far. Too early to tell, but I wouldn't say there are any warning signs.

I felt like writing a few updates tonight. jwalker and I continue to be hard at work.

We're drawing to a close on Endrich. His power level continues to be great, right in line with what we're targeting, and his "playfeel" is extremely fun. Him and Melundak are probably my favorite erratas. His main weakness is against steamrolling like what Mugglug is able to do. Yet, we want that weakness to exist, not to create a summoner with no holes at all.

We also just started Tacullu. We're very early in the process with him, so we're still gauging the power. That said, jwalker's designs significantly cut the NPE and made Tacullu far more interesting to play. So far, shaping up to be a tremendous errata.

Tundle, we're still designing.

We've had a lot of discussions about three remaining "problem" summoners. Malenatar and Saturos we're discussing as unacceptably matchup variant: S tier in some matchups, and C or worse in others. This is a clear balance problem. We've started having the discussion whether this justifies errata. The third problem summoner is Sam, who has the Abua Shi problem: right on the cusp of being strong enough/too weak, but no reason to play him. There's no reason to play Sam because he's completely outclassed in terms of power and fun with Moyra. (Moreover, Sam is one of the most boring and bland summoners.) And if you want a different Vanguard feel than Moyra, you play Sera, who heals, not Sam. So we're also beginning to have the discussion whether errata is warranted for him. We're keenly aware about not wanting to continue to increase our errata summoner pool. However, it feels wrong that, once we've recognized a true problem, to ignore it just to hurry up and finish the project. So these are the two sides of the coin that we're kind of wrestling with right now.

Thanks Commander. In my opinion, if we see a clear issue, we should fix it as no one is rushing to get this done ASAP, and probably there will be no second errata round, so, better to take the time and do something nice than not.

Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast