Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast

Thread: Real errata--master thread

Well, I'm definitely interested in what your ideas on the matter are.
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

Hi there I also want to give some imput on the latest testings

Endrich:
    I'm really happy what we did with him and the changes are really minimal. Strong and very positional defensive summoner, that yet is not annoying to play against (nearly no NPE build in). I personally did rate Endrich a bit better than the average of the poll but I must say the errata version is also a lot more fun and technical!

Taculu:
    first of all ... holy smokes I totally underestimated how much power sirens added to current taculu. Sirens + controler + shifter is already pretty crazy but lem, haku, griffon and obviously sorgwen are such powerhouses but Sirens + Rygos is also super strong! When I designed the Errata suit I was worried I might have taken too much away from taculu but we actually needed to adjust down my events because Tacu was still too powerful. I think in the live version (not app but the card version) Tacu might be THE strongest summoner but for sure top 4.

The current suit looks like this

Tacu: countersummon works like now but the unit is placed into its owners hand (for example: a countersummoned champ goes into the opponents hand)
    Magic drain changed to "deja vu": No restriction, place up to 2 cards from enemy magic pile into that players hand, then place 2 cards from your discard into your magic
    mind control: play this card when you destroy an enemy common unit with a summon cost of 2 or lower. Remove all wounds from the unit and take control.
    Mimic: when an opponent plays an event, you may reveal this card -> unit end of your next turn this card counts as the same event

We did play several vs. moyra, vs. Ret and vs. Mugglugg games. When we played the vs. Ret games we realized that mind control is a bit too powerful on high cost commons and it would also be proplematic with filth mutations - therefore we added the summoncost of 2 or lower. This still allows for a small magic advantage if you take over 2 cost units, but it also a very useful tool when going for aggression/assassination. In both the Ret and moyra games we started to play deja vu with 3 cards from discard but agreed that taculus total magic was just too much in total. Therefore we adjusted it back to 2 cards (like magic drain)

Here are some first impressions we got from the changes:

magic drain to deja vu: man really it's perfect IMO. It has no restriction, so is much easier to play but on the same time it still is annoying for your opponent and can really slow down his momentum. The cool thing is, the resources are not lost. If you are subject to the event, you feel "controlled" but not cheated. It's a bit like magic stasis - it does delay, but not destroy your plan.

Counter summon: CC was worried it's a really bad ability but I did convince him by using the ability to fend of momentum timing pushes when I was not properly prepared. The ability now is just a pure resource exchange, noone gains an advantage out of it (before Taculu paid one less card - the unit card). Still useful, but much less frustrating for CG 0-cost units or cheep champs

mimic: works really well. As Ret you should really ask yourself if you want to play "forced summon" or better use your life on warlocks. We found a use for mimic in all our matched, even so sometimes its stronger (forced summon, lightning strike) sometimes occasionally useful (dark sacrifice, ensnare). Still we played a lot of mimics and were happy with the effects on both sides

Mind control: Is a fun addition and can be used really flexible (mind you ret to hide behind your commons).
    Last edited by jwalker; 07-07-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    Hi there I also want to give some imput on the latest testings

Endrich:
    I'm really happy what we did with him and the changes are really minimal. Strong and very positional defensive summoner, that yet is not annoying to play against (nearly no NPE build in). I personally did rate Endrich a bit better than the average of the poll but I must say the errata version is also a lot more fun and technical!

Taculu:
    first of all ... holy smokes I totally underestimated how much power sirens added to current taculu. Sirens + controler + shifter is already pretty crazy but lem, haku, griffon and obviously sorgwen are such powerhouses but Sirens + Rygos is also super strong! When I designed the Errata suit I was worried I might have taken too much away from taculu but we actually needed to adjust down my events because Tacu was still too powerful. I think in the live version (not app but the card version) Tacu might be THE strongest summoner but for sure top 4.

The current suit looks like this

Tacu: countersummon works like now but the unit is placed into its owners hand (for example: a countersummoned champ goes into the opponents hand)
    Magic drain changed to "deja vu": No restriction, place up to 2 cards from enemy magic pile into that players hand, then place 2 cards from your discard into your magic
    mind control: play this card when you destroy an enemy common unit with a summon cost of 2 or lower. Remove all wounds from the unit and take control.
    Mimic: when an opponent plays an event, you may reveal this card -> unit end of your next turn this card counts as the same event

We did play several vs. moyra, vs. Ret and vs. Mugglugg games. When we played the vs. Ret games we realized that mind control is a bit too powerful on high cost commons and it would also be proplematic with filth mutations - therefore we added the summoncost of 2 or lower. This still allows for a small magic advantage if you take over 2 cost units, but it also a very useful tool when going for aggression/assassination. In both the Ret and moyra games we started to play deja vu with 3 cards from discard but agreed that taculus total magic was just too much in total. Therefore we adjusted it back to 2 cards (like magic drain)

Here are some first impressions we got from the changes:

magic drain to deja vu: man really it's perfect IMO. It has no restriction, so is much easier to play but on the same time it still is annoying for your opponent and can really slow down his momentum. The cool thing is, the resources are not lost. If you are subject to the event, you feel "controlled" but not cheated. It's a bit like magic stasis - it does delay, but not destroy your plan.

Counter summon: CC was worried it's a really bad ability but I did convince him by using the ability to fend of momentum timing pushes when I was not properly prepared. The ability now is just a pure resource exchange, noone gains an advantage out of it (before Taculu paid one less card - the unit card). Still useful, but much less frustrating for CG 0-cost units or cheep champs

mimic: works really well. As Ret you should really ask yourself if you want to play "forced summon" or better use your life on warlocks. We found a use for mimic in all our matched, even so sometimes its stronger (forced summon, lightning strike) sometimes occasionally useful (dark sacrifice, ensnare). Still we played a lot of mimics and were happy with the effects on both sides

Mind control: Is a fun addition and can be used really flexible (mind you ret to hide behind your commons).
    Sounds promising!

I completely echo jwalkers post. Tacullu is...dare I say...fun. He’s fun to play as and fine to play against. Brilliant suite by jwalker.

BIG UPDATES in the original two posts. Malenatar, Sam, and Saturos added. Malenatar and Saturos because of meta balance. Sam because he’s exactly like Abua: right around the edge of being too weak and there being no reason to play him

Samuel Farthen
    34. Samuel Farthen. X of Light. When an opponent rolls to attack a Common Unit you control that is within 2 spaces of Samuel, increase the die result needed to wound that Unit by 1.
    35. Strong Spirits. Until the beginning of your next turn, Woeful Brothers you control gain 2 Life Value and the following ability: LIGHT FOOTED. When an opponent rolls to attack a Unit you control that is within 2 spaces of this Unit, this Unit may switch places with it and be the target of the Attack.

34. How is this different exactly?
    35. When Strong Spirits fades, and a woeful brother with 2 wound markers dies it still goes to the opponent's magic pile, right? I like how it fits with the event name.

Small tangent: Are you guys still planning on making actual cards out of these? For things like sword symbols stickers might suffice (for me, stickers would be fine for the whole thing as I use sleeves for everything). It might be easier to pull of stickers for the ability/event text as opposed to reprinting the entire card. If this is a terrible idea I am curious as to why.

Love your work, fellas!
    Shard the Void Mutant in The Dance of Devils
    Nicholas the Honor Guard in Light's Corruption
    Talu the REAL TWIN in The Ice Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Syurtpiutha View Post
    Samuel Farthen
    34. Samuel Farthen. X of Light. When an opponent rolls to attack a Common Unit you control that is within 2 spaces of Samuel, increase the die result needed to wound that Unit by 1.
    35. Strong Spirits. Until the beginning of your next turn, Woeful Brothers you control gain 2 Life Value and the following ability: LIGHT FOOTED. When an opponent rolls to attack a Unit you control that is within 2 spaces of this Unit, this Unit may switch places with it and be the target of the Attack.

34. How is this different exactly?
    35. When Strong Spirits fades, and a woeful brother with 2 wound markers dies it still goes to the opponent's magic pile, right? I like how it fits with the event name.

Small tangent: Are you guys still planning on making actual cards out of these? For things like sword symbols stickers might suffice (for me, stickers would be fine for the whole thing as I use sleeves for everything). It might be easier to pull of stickers for the ability/event text as opposed to reprinting the entire card. If this is a terrible idea I am curious as to why.

Love your work, fellas!
    @34 it stracks with Transformation (commons within 2 Spaces take wounds on 5+ then) and coleen (though the Setup will be Quite tedious.

@35 on the next turn wounded Brother will loose „your Effekt“ which means you Cause their destruction = samt gets the magic (this is his Economy, retreat and Champ Protection Event)
    >hast Great synergy with Protection Event and woeful Brothers ability

Sorry Typos work Tablet with german Autokorrektur

Just realized my Malenatar post is wrong. The idea I had posted was just an idea I kicked around to jwalker before we decided on the following:

You may play this card when you roll dice. Consider one die result to be a 6.

Malenatar
    36.Malenatar. Limit ability to 2 units.
    37.Superior Execution. You may play this card when you roll dice. Consider one die result to be a 6.

I was under the impresion that the new Malenatar power would be limited to 2 units, but also triggered by only discarding 1 card. So discard 1 card = Move 2 units.

Was not that the original idea?

Another question regarding new countersummon: If a mutation is countersummoned, what happens to the card underneath?
    Last edited by lcanela; 07-12-2019 at 07:12 AM.

That’s right

Quote Originally Posted by lcanela View Post
    Another question regarding new countersummon: If a mutation is countersummoned, what happens to the card underneath?
    Oh that's a great point. For our "economy neutral" goal both would go back to hand. We probably need to adjust the text to "the card and all cards below". This is np for dema as we changed heretik rebuke. For other units with cards below tacu should think twice to cpuntersummon (which is good)

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast